THE HEIRS: 1

The Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE FOUR BADBOYS AND ME

 


Fraser Place Central Seoul
78 Tongil-ro, Sogong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea

 


MY sisters are all wearing the same expression. Based on the frown on their faces, I knew that something is wrong. Her older sister, Taeyeon, smiled at me sweetly.

 

"Is there something wrong, Chichoo?" She said chuckling, while calling her the endearment our family always called me. Yoona smiled at her too. 

 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? I know those faces, unnie. Something is wrong isn't?" I asked them, frowning. 

 

After hearing her question, the two of them lost the smile on their faces. Her sister, Irene, joined them with baby Sofia on her arms. 

 

Jisoo can't help but to feel sorry for her sister, Irene. She really looks so tired and weary trying to jungle her studies, part-time work, and taking care of Sofia when she's home. 

 

"Hey!" Her sisters mood brightened when they saw Sofia bouncing happily on Irene's arms. 

 

Taeyeon looked at me knowingly. "You don't have to worry about anything, Jisoo-ah. Your sisters will take care of this matter." She took my hands in her palms and clutch it tightly. 

 


"It's just about the bills and payments that we need to settle soon. It's not something we need to fret about." My sister, Yoona, explained to me, trying to lighten the mood while giving them a smile, which for her looks quite weak. 

 

"And besides, I have an interview today. Taeyeon-unnie will start her first day of work today, too."

 

I sighed heavily. Sometimes I feel like the world is really against our family. Two years ago, we used to be so happy, so content about life and we don't have to worry about anything. But eversince that fateful day happened, everything changed. 

 


Irene sat beside me, still holding Sofia in her arms. The baby is turning one year old next month. Sofia is the ball of sunshine in our family. She's a nice kid, and rarely cries which made it more easier taking care of her. 

 

"How's our little munchkin?" Sofia starts flippering her hands in the air when Taeyeon-unnie started talking to her. 

 

"Is everything all right unnie?" Irene asked while she put Sofia in her high chair. I know she felt the anxiety in them, too. 

 


"Don't worry. Yoona and I are going to take care of that matter." She waved her hands to us, as if she's dodging the topic. 

 

I tried looking at them intently. Something is really bothering them but they don't want to talk about it. I heave a deep sigh, and noticed that my sister, Irene, is looking at me mirroring the same worry in my eyes. I know that Irene-unnie, can also feel the tension between our older sisters. 

 

"How's the application of your internship, unnie?" I ask Irene, trying to change the topic since our sisters looks uncomfortable about it. 

 

Upon mentioning the internship, her sister smiled brightly at them easing their worries. Her sister, Irene is now a senior Nursing student at Yonsei University, where she's also taking up Communication Arts. 

 


"I have already sent my application at Samsung Medical Center. Hopefully, they'll call me soon." She was smiling from ear to ear while telling them the news. 

 

Jisoo can't help but to admire the resiliency of her sisters. Despite everything that has happned, they remained steadfast. Taeyeon-unnie took the responsibility of taking care of our family. Losing both of our parents in a tragic car crash is a nightmare we didn't want to have again. Taeyeon unnie became our foundation and rock when we thought we could never stand up again. She took the responsibility of being the mother and father figure of their family. 

 

"We are all very happy for you then. Samsung Medical Center is a prestigious hospital. It would really be nice if you'll have your internship there." Yoona-unnie smiled at them while feeding Sofia with mash potato. 

 

"Our baby munchkin will turn one next month!" Taeyeon-unnie squealed with excitement, that they can't help but to giggle too. 

 

"Aren't you excited sweetheart?" Sofia started making baby noises as if she understand what we're talking about. 

 

"It seems as though she's really excited." Irene grinned when Sofia kept blabbering words that we cannot even understand. 

 

Their eyes landed on me. "How's your school Chichoo?" I grinned at Taeyeon-unnie. I love it when they kept on calling me this nickname eventhough it's a bit childish. 

 

"My grades are good, don't you worry unnie. I am smarter than you, remember?" I said goading her about who's smarter than who. 

 

Everybody laughed. It's this little precious things that matter when we are talking to one another. I love my sisters so much. I will not be able to take it, if one of them will be taken away from me again. 

 


Taeyeon stood up from her seat. "Oh I got to go now, today is my first day of work. I don't want to be late." She fix her pencil-cut skirt and brushes the crease on her blouse. 

 

"Yoona-ah, you take care of Sofia. What time is your interview?" My sisters have had a hard time looking for a job that doesn't mind bringing an infant in their company. We don't have a choice since hiring a nursemaid are not in our options. We cannot pay a nursemaid if ever, so Taeyeon and Yoona unnie are taking shifts taking care of her. If one of us are not busy, we help each other while taking care of her. 

 


Taeyeon and Yoona unnie are both beautiful in their own way. How I wish, they could both find someone who will love and take care of them. There are some instances that they will start dating someone, but when the man finds out that they have a baby to take care of, they slowly ran out from their lives.

 

Who dates a woman with an extra baggage? They insinuated that they are single mothers which is partly true since they have both made it their responsibility to be the mother of our little angel, Sofia. 

 

 

Taeyeon kissed Sofia's forehead. "I'll see you later guys. Wish me luck!" She waved her hands at us, we smiled at her. We just hope everything will be right. We both all know that Taeyeon unnie needs this job. 

 


"So what time are you going to school?" Yoona pulled out Sofia from her high chair and started cleaning her mess. 

 

Irene pick up the plates and put them on the sink. "Well, my classes start at 10 o 'clock. So I'll be leaving by nine." I told them while washing the dishes. We learned every household chores on our own since that fateful day. We don't have anyone to hold on to, our relatives left us hanging in a dire situation. Nobody and no one helped us. The people we thought as our friends turned their backs away from us. It's a pitiful scenario but we all survived.

 


"I won't go to school today unnie. You better take that interview and I'll take care of Sofia." Irene suggested and took Sofia from her arms. "Don't give me that frown, I don't have anything important to do today so my absence would not affect my grades badly."

 


Our sister, Yoona, is a freelance model. She accepts minor roles as an actress too. She told us that someone is hiring her to do a job. She did not elaborate what kind of job is it. Maybe, it's a mini commercial or CF again. 

 

Yoona heave a sigh. "Alright. But what about your part-time job?" She asked then looked at me. 

 


"I'll just make up an excuse to our manager." I smiled at her. "Don't worry, Mrs. Park is a nice woman. She'll understand." I said pertaining to our manager at the fastfood chain we're working at. 

 


"Okay, okay. I'll start fixing myself now. Call me if something happened." She still looks hesitant so Irene shove her away. "We'll be okay, you're worrying too much unnie."

 

"Good luck to your interview, unnie!" I said before she finally smiled at us and went to her room.

 

"Are you sure you're going to be okay here unnie? I can take a leave too if you want." I asked her, while drying my hands using the towel. 

 

Sofia is still making playful noises that made us both laugh. "Don't be so stubborn. Go ahead. I'll be fine."

 

"Okay, I got to go too. I forgot I still have to visit the library." I kissed Sofia's chubby cheeks. 


"Bye Aunt Jisoo!" Irene made her voice small and waved Sofia's arms at me, I can't help but to giggle at her cuteness. 


"See you later!" I bade my goodbye. I knocked Yoona unnie's room. "Unnie! I have to go now. See you later! And good luck for your interview."

 

 

 

 

Yonsei University, 50 Yonsei-ro, Sinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea

 

 

 

I reached school at exactly 30 minutes before my next classes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter