chapter one

Unique Parenting

    It was a warm day in Korea of 2009. The ss501 dorm hadn't been full of life for a good 5 months. Still a long tour it was good to spend some time and their own beds. It was a great start to  calm day. Youngsaeng could almost enjoy it right not for the fact that the baby had woken him up. He smiled and patted his belly.

“Calm down in there.” he replied rubbing the belly sweetly

“Talking to the baby?” Kyujong asked sleepily waking up.

“Yeah he's very active today.” Youngsaeng replied.

“I'm sure.” KyuJong replied as he rubbed the belly sweetly “You might just be having a bit of play time.”

He moved to get up only to be held up by Kyujong. As soon as he got to his feet his back began to hurt. The little guy must have been sitting right on the nerve.  He waddled a bit because he was in great pain. Kyujong helped him into the kitchen as Nari got into her chair. Youngsaeng was thankful that the other members were around in his fifth month.

“How's everyone doing this morning?” Hyunjoong asked as they walked into the room.

“Other than a backache I'm fine.” Youngsaeng replied as he went over to his daughter and kissed her on the head.

“morning appa.” the cute little four year old replied as she saw her fathers come down.

“Good morning Nar.” Kyujong replied as he gave her a quick kiss on the head as well; “had a good sleep?”

“yes appa.” she nodded cutely as she looked at her other dad who was rubbing his belly softly.

“Appa, what's wrong?” she asked capturing Youngsaeng's attention.

“Your brother is just being playful princess.” Youngsaeng replied with a smile. Nari got up off the chair and walked over to her father and placed a hand on his stomach.

“Calm down brother. You're being too rough on appa.”  She replied with a small smile.

“I'm afraid it's not that easy princess.” Youngsaeng replied with a chuckle patting her head. The doorbell rang as they continue eating. Hyunjoong went to answer it. He came back with their manager.  He seemed more than happy to walk in and sit down at the table. Even Nari was happy to see the friendly businessman. To have him here so early, only meant that there was a great gig about to happen.

“Good morning guys I have a great gig for you.” Their manager replied.

“What kind of gig manger hyung.?” Hyunjoong questioned.

“Just a local charity concert but it'll get your feet wet again.” The manager replied.

“It's for a children's charity right?” Hyunjoong asked

“Neh, it's all in the email I sent you.” The manager replied.

“Yeah we wanted to do it anyway.” Hyunjoong replied making them nod.

“That's what I was thinking so everyone could have time with the kids and for Youngsaeng to relax.” The manager replied,  “He is five months pregnant after all.”

“That sounds like a good idea.” Young saeng replied.

“I was even thinking of having the school choir join in the concert. Your daughter's part of it right. I'm sure little Nari would enjoy a concert.” the manager replied looking at Youngsaeng and Kyujong.

“What do you say Nari would you like to work with appas?” Youngsaeng asked his daughter with a smile.

“Yes I would like that.” She replied smiling.

“I can even handle the choir arrangement.” Youngsaeng replied looking back up at their manager with a smile.

“That sounds like a great idea appa.” Nari replied as she looked at him with a smile.

“As long as I can rest when I need to it shouldn't be a problem. The belly makes it hard to stand you know.”  Youngsaeng replied as he patted his belly gently.

“That should be doable.” the manager spoke up looking at him with a smile.

“Then it's settled; manager hyung, can you set it up for please?” Jungmin questioned.  

“Of course guys I'll make sure everything's in place.” Their manager replied getting up and started walking towards the door before stopping and looking back at them,  “And Youngaseng please be careful”