of pastel paint and hushed whispers.

An Elusive Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

july 17, 2017 |  yonsei.

Hushed whispers built as her smooth paint swiped across the bare canvas. The classroom of sweaty students was in awe on a muggy July afternoon, all attention centered on the outsider - the girl who apparently came from the countryside. Beads of sweat were slowly forming near her brow, but she hastily raised her arm to wipe it away, shifting all the male students' eyes to her subtle movement. The slight crinkling sound of her cotton skirt as she shifted in her seat, the smudge of lipstick on her bottom lip, all just drew their attention, and like moth to a flame, the newcomer had already captured their hearts. 

"Who is she?" A stocky girl with shifty bobbed hair whispered to the guy next to her, whose eyes were peeled on her concentrated face. The question was echoed throughout the room, and had evoked everyone's curiosity ever since she stepped foot inside the classroom. The sun shone through the window blinds, forming light rectangles on her dark black hair, highlighting the paleness of her face. She embodied every girl's envy, and every boy's dream. And yet the air of mystery around her grew thicker from the fact that she didn't utter a single word ever since she walked in. Yes, she bowed to the teacher but aside from formalities, her voice was an enigma - much like the rest of her.

Her gaze shifted nowhere else except for the subject in sight and her own canvas. Dip brush in paint, wipe sweat off forehead, squint faintly at the vibrant-looking fruits, then swipe brush onto canvas. Mechanic actions, almost as if she was a painting robot, led the class to admire her even more. Her dark hair fell loose in curls down her shoulders, complimenting her plain white dress, only shades lighter than her own skin. Even the teacher was at a loss of words watching the spectacle before her. 

Amongst the crowd, a light-haired boy peers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter