Cookies, pajamas and queen

Keep the dream alive
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was, for some unknown reason, wearing pajamas even though the clock on the kitchen wall showed that it was 2PM. The baggy plain t shirt matched my fuzzy peach socks, the polka dotted shorts I was wearing gave away my clumsy self. The huge purple bruise my thigh had on display was new. I don't remember getting that one, but it's not like I'm keeping track of my encounters with furniture edges. They are out to get me, specially that cabinet under the living room mirror. I was convinced the damn thing had a mind of its own and hated me with all its might since it never failed to stab my sides whenever I was nearby. But I digress... cookies. I was attempting to bake cookies. Keyword: attempting. 

 A string of giggles broke me out of my weird thoughts and I looked up just in time to see a mess of limbs sprawled on the floor in the living room after being brutally pushed, the culprit was still giggling not bothering to help his victim. I swear to God, sometimes I wonder how old they truly are. Also, what's up with guys and the need to constantly hurt each other?

"Mingyu, stop giggling like a toddler and help him!" I scowled at my friend who was red in the face as he held his stomach probably hurting with the intensity of his laughter. Seungcheol heaved a sigh when he was all but hauled up by Mingyu who was finally calming down. The latter had the decency to look guilty for 5 entire seconds before the both of them erupted in laughter again, I couldn't help but to join them because the scene truly was something else. Seungcheol had cookie dough all over the left side of his shirt where the spoon he was brandishing earlier as a microphone obviously made contact with him. His face also had a trail of dough that made the whole scene even more comical. We were baking cookies at 2 in the afternoon for no reason at all. We were all wearing pajamas and fuzzy socks for the sake of sliding through the floor like toddlers. We're just all a bunch of weirdos, no further comments needed. 

 My laughter soon ended when Cheol looked at me across the room and his smile became predatory and mischievous. "Don't you dare" I said realizing what he was going to do. I did my best to sound serious but failed miserably because his dimples were on full display and that was just impossible to resist. "Cheol, no" I said backing up to the kitchen. A smile tugging on my lips.

Please log in to read the full chapter