When it Started

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**KOREA, 2012**

SUNGHOON’S POV

At first, I thought I’m hearing things wrong.

I stayed silent only looking at Jiwon’s deep, dark and sad eyes.

‘Am I dreaming? This is impossible.’ I pinched the back of my hand. It hurts alright. ‘I never thought those words, those words that I want to hear the most are finally being said.’

Jiwon seemed like waiting for my reply so I tried to muster an answer while controlling my expression.

“Why.. Hyung?”

‘Good job, myself. Don’t show how this affects you. Think about how he feels’ I told myself.

Jiwon sighed heavily. “It’s not.. working out for us Sunghoon. I really thought it will be the best love story ever, marrying your first love.” Jiwon drank another sip from his bottle.

“I’m marrying the first love in my mind Sunghoon-ah. The one in my imagination. It’s been more than 13 years, people change.”

Listening to Jiwon’s confession, I thought about back then in Hawaii when a teenage Jiwon happily talked about Sooyeon-unnie when they were dating. The slight pain I felt that time may be already the indication of how I feel about him.

How stupid of me.

Later, it was all clear as crystal I was jealous about the divided attention, the less time together, and the affection he showed to her.

I should have given up on him during that period.

But I didn’t. Because of one particular incident that still left a deep impression and gave hope to me.

**HAWAII, 1995**

Tomorrow is their first anniversary together. Jiwon, the romantic one even though not many people knew this, had been preparing a special event for Sooyeon-unnie. It includes flowers, song, and romantic dinner. Jiwon-hyung is very excited about this that he couldn’t stop talking about it. ‘Wow, what a lucky person Sooyeon-unnie is’, I thought sadly to myself.

Jiwon needs to pick up the big flower bouquet today so he told me in the morning that he couldn’t pick me up at school. I told him it was okay because the weather forecast that day said that it would be clear all day. What a strange thing actually, during the rainy season. Considering my unlucky life, of course on the afternoon, the rain started pouring mercilessly.

I didn’t bring any umbrella and because today I was on class duty, most of my friends had already gone home.

I smiled bitterly to myself as I walked home during the hard rain.

‘This is your payback, Sunghoon-ah. It’s because you are so selfish that you want to monopolize Jiwon. Why are you always sulking, you should genuinely feel happy about them!’ I thought to myself. Little did I know not only rain is streaming down my face but also tears. Big fat tears.

I arrived home soaked to the bones. Looking at the empty garage I realized that Jiwon-hyung hasn’t arrived yet. The water from my body is splashing everywhere in the floor.

‘I should hurry cleaned up this or Jiwon-hyung would scold me later.’

3RD PERSON POV

Sunghoon went to his bathroom quickly and took a hot shower. While showering he wondered what dish he should cook tonight. After done showering, he wears his fresh clothes and apron, preparing to start cooking. The cooking book that his mom gave him before he went to Hawaii is sprawled on his desk. He decided to make sure of the recipe first before start cooking.

Strangely, when he took a seat and decided to read, the words are blurry. He rubs his eyes, hoping to regain its focus but it made him more confused instead.

“What’s wrong with me? Ugh? Is this because of rain?” Sunghoon talked to himself.

He then decided to lay down first even though he hasn’t had any lunch and still haven’t cook anything for dinner. It is said that sleep is the best medicine so he decided to sleep right now.

*2 hours later*

“Sunghoon-ah, I’m home.” Jiwon arrives at the front door.

“Sunghoon-ah? Where are you? Why is the room still dark?”  Jiwon is getting more worried right now. He glance at the shoe rack. Sunghoon’s shoes are already there, so he must be already home. Is he sleeping?

Jiwon decided to check on Sunghoon’s room. The sight he found there is the sight that he never want to rewatch again in his whole life.

Sunghoon is breathing heavily, his whole body is shaking violently. The younger’s pale face is even paler than usual and his lips turned a blue. The clothes he’s wearing is soaked with sweat. Jiwon quickly touch his forehead to gauge the body’s temperature. Sunghoon’s forehead is burning while the rest of his body feels cold.

“Yah! Sunghoon-ah, what’s wrong with you?” Jiwon shakes Sunghoon to wake him up.

Finally, Sunghoon opened his eyes. “H..Hyung.. You already home? *cough* I’m sorry..  hhhaah t-the dinner isn’t hh.. ready yet..”

Sunghoon tried to get up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter