Eat

Eat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words in Italics are thoughts and english lyrics from Zion T's Eat.

After a rough day at work, an older brunette walked into her empty home. The house was so quiet that she could even hear herself breathe softly. Closing the door behind her, she dropped her purse near the table, which was by the door. She sighed before taking off her shoes and jacket. Things seemed so hard for her to do. Everything took so much effort. She did not even want to change out of her work clothes. Just another day.

She lazily walked into her kitchen, looking around the food filled place, yet her stomach and body never wanted her to eat.

“Hello!” A blonde joined the brunette in the kitchen. She leaned on the wall, happy to see the older woman home. But as usual, she never got a reply. It’s not like she expected one anyways.

“Are you going to eat today… Finally?” Still no reply was given. But it’s not like she was ignoring the blonde. She never could hear her. The only thing she felt was a few cold breezes touching her skin. At first, she wondered what was wrong with her house, but at the end she gave up and blamed her air conditioning.

The brunette slowly walked to her room, walking up the stairs, passing a smiling blonde on her way there. The blonde girl tailed behind her, like she was a puppy following her owner.

“I know you haven’t eaten yet. No lunch… or breakfast. You know you need to eat something, Dara. Please!” The blonde practically begged the other girl with all her heart, hoping one day Dara will hear her pleads.

“It’s not easy. I know you’re busy.” The talkative woman walked towards the quiet one. She tried holding her hand, but her hand went straight through her. Sigh.

Dara went out her room, back down the stairs, and into the living room. The plain yet a little messy living room. The furniture was in style and very fashionable, but it all felt useless. Being up to date was useless.

She sat down on the medium sized, cream-colored couch. Slowly shutting her eyes. Everything slowed down. No matter how hard she tried to relax, it never worked out. At the end of the day, she just ended up feeling even weaker than before. It was all quiet again. Her enemy, whenever it was quiet her mind would eat her up. Memories came flashing back all at once. She groaned at the sudden headache. The blonde was just watching her from afar. Observing the way her eyebrows scrunched up together, or how her eyes shut even tighter, and importantly, she couldn’t miss the few teardrops that rolled down her thin yet beautiful cheeks.

She decided to walk up to the disturbed girl on the couch. Her eyes couldn’t leave the figure below her. The woman had gotten skinner and paler since the last time she saw her. The bags under her eyes were very clear to see and she knew Dara didn’t care one bit. Her eyes were darker also. You could notice it from the light makeup. Her style was still alive, if only she was that alive.

You wonder why you have to go this far

Ring ring ring.

Dara reached over to the table and grabbed her phone. Putting it on speaker, because it's not like anyone else could've heard the conversation.

"Hello," Dara weakly answered.

"Hey Miss Park. I was wondering if you could do some extra-------" Everything else was tuned out from both of the girls’ minds. It was all work, work and more work.

"Sure." She replied without any care to what was even said, even though she remembered every part of it.

"Thank you so much Mi--" The brunette hung up.

"There are so many damn things they want." The blonde whispered. She got on her knees and continued.

"You want a break.... It’s so noisy. It’s all so annoying, right?" She said in such a serious tone. Looking straight into Dara's soulless orbs.

"Wanna go home, right?" She asked, almost as if the older woman would even answer her.

"I am home." Dara said out of the blue. Both wondered why she said what she said.

"But you want to go home.." The younger woman put her hands beside Dara's legs. Leaning in, hoping for just a tiny bit of human contact, but she should've knew that she could no longer feel.

"Then take this song out like eat it like chocolate!"

"Why do I feel like eating chocolate all of the sudden?" Dara stood up and got herself some chocolate, she had lef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter