3/3

The Best Song Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The next few days, Yoongi didn’t visit the coffee shop. He kept himself busy with monitoring the idols and their new recordings. He didn’t want to dwell on his feelings. He knows he’s not someone who’s up for relationships. He figured he didn’t have the time to commit to someone when his heart is solely on music.

 

 

It has been a far long time since he got interested at someone but when someone piques his interest, he usually wouldn’t miss the opportunity to get what he wants. He firmly believes on a saying that says ‘strike while the iron is still hot’, but this is a different case, even if he makes a move, he didn’t wanna be one of those men — just one of her regular flings.  He wants her to take him seriously. He’s someone who loves deeply and gives his all. That’s unfair for him. Love is unfair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He thinks maybe his feelings would subside. He’s only met her a few times; the last time was when she was with yet another different man, Park Jinyoung. He knows him because he’s the son of a famous CEO. So, when he saw her with him, he knows he doesn’t stand a chance. He was sitting on one of the seats at the corner of the coffee shop while silently observing the couple who were sitting closely to each other, revising some notes and making small occasional talks. But when the Park Jinyoung dude leaned to her, he couldn’t stand to see them any longer and he abruptly stood up and left. He curses himself for feeling like a jealous boyfriend when they weren’t even properly introduced. He doesn’t even know why he’s so drawn to her. For ’s sake, he doesn’t even know the girl’s family name. What he only knows is that the girl’s name is Jisoo and she’s pretty, petite, beautiful, and has a very endearing smile and laugh.

 

 

Plus she’s with different men every damn time they met so he’d made her the muse of his songs. He has a full album of tracks dedicated to her — telling stories of how heartbroken and miserable he is.

 

 

So now that he’s established he didn’t stood a chance. He drowns himself with recording the new songs he wrote and avoiding going to the cursed coffee shop that tore his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few weeks has passed and he no longer felt cheated. He thinks he’s moved on (though really he’s not even in a relationship to begin with). He still forbids himself though from going over to the place where he’d probably meet her. So when Namjoon invited him for a dinner to celebrate yet another success of a group comeback, he didn’t hesitate to join him. As long as it’s not the said place.

 

 

They were at a korean barbecue restaurant, sitting cross-legged while Namjoon attempts to grill some beef. He’s laughing at his silly friend who’d managed to accidentally burn himself when he noticed a familiar figure was sitting across the table they were in.

 

 

“Man, this thing is tough. I think I’ll call my mom later and thank her for cooking meals for us. I’ve burned all my meat!” Namjoon complains.

 

 

But Yoongi droned on everything Namjoon was saying, he could only focus on the couple across from them. His crush is there. Jisoo is sitting beside a very handsome man with broad shoulders and prince-like aura.

 

 

He’s been trying to avoid going to the coffee shop in cases he would cross path with her but alas, life has been playing with him all the time. And to think he had forgotten, but why do his chest tighten at the scene in front of him?

 

“Jisoo, you need to eat more vegetables. Come on open up.” the guy she’s with wrapped some rice and beef into a lettuce and fed her. She looked up at him and smiled.

 

 

Yoongi is so whipped. He wanted that sweet smile directed at him too.

 

 

“Thanks Seokjin-oppa.” she giggled. She ing giggled. Why is she acting so cute?

 

 

Yoongi sighs. He’s jealous. Terribly so.

 

 

“Anything for my little baby.” the Seokjin guy did some horrible aegyo and pinches her cheeks.

 

 

Yoongi suddenly lost his appetite and puts down his chopsticks. He got startled when Namjoon shakes him and diverts his attention from them to him.

 

 

“Hey man, have you been listening to me?” Namjoon frowns.

 

 

“Uhh sorry I just lost my appetite.” he excuses.

 

“Oh great because I was about to get some of your meat! I thought you were glaring daggers at me. You’re scary, dude.” he muses.

 

 

“It’s not you.” At this Namjoon looks behind him and directed his gaze at the couple.

 

 

 

“Oh, your ex?”

 

“The heck, no.”

 

“Then why are you acting like some territorial ex-boyfriend.”

 

Yoongi honestly doesn’t know too. He doesn’t have the right to feel this. It must have been due to the soju so he manages to give some reply.

 

“Because I’ve met her a few times and she’s just interesting... I’ll never have a chance though. She doesn’t even know me.”

 

“That , dude. Well, you can just use that negative energy into making a hit song just like Taylor Swift.” Namjoon jokes.

 

“Did you think I haven’t already? What about the recent album I’ve worked on.”

 

At this, Namjoon chokes on his lettuce wrap.

 

“What the ? Really?”

 

Yoongi could only sigh. Maybe he should just release a diss track next time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi is positive the world is conspiring against him. Did he murder a royalty in his past life? Did he accidentally run over a kitten? Is it because he didn’t pass the silly chain messages that Hoseok sent him so now he’s getting the retributions of his actions? He didn’t need the universe to shove it in his face that he’s lonely and maybe will end up alone and old in the four walls of his studio.

 

 

It started as a bad day. For once, he has forgotten it’s his mom’s birthday so he didn’t have anything prepared. If not for his younger brother Jihoon, taunting him and telling him he’s got the best gift for their mom, he wouldn’t remember. His bruised ego wouldn’t let him win though. They may seem cold but it’s a known fact that they are a big softy for their mom. The brothers spoil her lots. So now he finds himself shopping for expensive designer bags.

 

He doesn’t like being alone in public places and he doesn’t like being rushed. Their family dinner will start in about two hours and he hasn’t picked the perfect gift yet. He sighs audibly catching the attention of a tall man beside him.

 

 

“Oh! Yoongi-hyung! Fancy meeting you here. I thought you never go out of your studio.” the young male all but exclaims.

 

 

He recognizes the young man to be Kim Mingyu, one of his brother’s friends. The kid had been over at their place quite frequently. Their group is full of rowdy young kids. He’s still annoyed that the kid grew so tall. He hates looking up at him.

 

 

“You little . What’s that supposed to mean? I can shop if I want.” he replied back.

 

 

“Right.” Mingyu teases. “Jihoon hyung never goes out of his studio too so I was assuming it runs on your blood. Do you realize we’re in the women’s section? Are you shopping for women bags?” he laughs.

 

 

“Uhh it’s for my mom. It’s her birthday today. What about you? Why are you here?” Yoongi squints up at him.

 

 

“Oh right. That was why Jihoon excused himself early! This is such a weird coincidence too but I’m buying my girlfriend a bag. It’s her birthday.” Mingyu blushes.

 

 

Yoongi can only chuckle. It’s obvious Mingyu is whipped to the girl whoever he’s with. Before he can excuse himself to leave though, someone interrupted their conversation.

 

 

“‘Gyu! What about this?” Yoongi looks at the female who just approached them, holding a ridiculous hot pink handbag.

 

 

“Oh god no, that’s too bright. Pick another one.” Mingyu scolded and she pouted. Mingyu laughed and he directed his gaze at Yoongi again, face apologetic.

 

 

“Oh hyung. I don’t think I’ve introduced you two before. This is Kim Jisoo.” he guides her towards him and for a second he was stunned. Jisoo was looking up at him expectantly.

 

 

“Min Yoongi.” he briefly says as he shook her hand. She smiled at him.

 

 

“I think I’ve seen you before. You’re the guy who orders Americano all the time.”

 

 

Yoongi doesn’t know what to do with this information. She’d noticed him. He thought he was being discreet.

 

 

“Yeah that would be me.” he scratches the back of his head.

 

 

She nods at him still smiling. Yoongi doesn’t wanna embarrass himself meddling with the couple so he looks at Mingyu and excused himself.

 

 

“I have to go, I have a dinner to attend to. It’s nice meeting you two.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nevertheless, he managed to pick a gift for his mom. In his hurry, he only realized he wrapped the hot pink handbag when her mom opened the gift. Jihoon guffawed at him while he looks mortified. Their mom loved the gift though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The brothers are at the balcony drinking some soju and telling each other stories. They may seem distant because both aren’t affectionate while in public but they have this sense of camaraderie and unrivalled fraternity that only them and few other people knows.

 

 

Yoongi can’t help but mention his encounter with Mingyu.

 

 

“I didn’t know your tall friend Mingyu got a girlfriend. Isn’t he the one who’s always fidgety around girls?” the words left a bitter taste in his mouth.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter