1/3

The Best Song Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three weeks.

 

Yoongi has three weeks to work on his new project. He doesn’t dilly dally on his work. Music is his passion and that’s what he wants to do for the rest of his life, so usually he had already produced something in the briefest of time – a track, lyrics? He isn’t dubbed as one of the rising producers in the music industry for nothing. He should have figured out something as soon as he’s given orders from the higher ups. But this, the blank page of a word document and the cursor blinking and mocking him – he doesn’t know anymore, he doesn’t know what has become of him.

He’s spent a week writing and rewriting then deleting everything all at once. Yoongi was so sure his life is over, his career is done with. He’d be jobless and miserable for the rest of his life. A writer’s block is the worst punishment from the heavens. Where did all those creative ideas go? When he was just starting back then, he’d have difficulty catching up with his thoughts he decided to bring a notebook with him wherever he goes just in case inspiration strikes him which is all the time, but now?

He sighs and promptly closes the blank document. He groans in his seat. He’s so frustrated with himself. This hasn’t happened before – well even if it has, he’d be a blank slate in a day or two but he’d manage to get his together and write a chart topping song.

Namjoon who was working on a new song on the other side of the room looked at his direction. Yoongi glares at him. Screw Namjoon and his skills. Really, he didn’t have to be a show-off. He didn’t have to shove it in his face the fact that he’s better.

Sensing that Yoongi must have cursed at him in his head. Namjoon stands up and walked towards him. He places his hand in his shoulder, an attempt to comfort him but he shoved it away.

“Okay bro chill, I don’t deserve this unwarranted violence from you.” Namjoon chuckles and raises his hands up in surrender.

Yoongi mumbles a sorry in his breath. Namjoon doesn’t deserve to be treated that way, he felt regretful. “I can’t just get a grip on my life now. I’m two weeks into the deadline but I don’t have anything prepared.”

Yoongi and Namjoon works under a big company. They’re one of the best producers in the industry. They compose and produce songs and hand it to the artists. The chart topping hits from the popular boygroup they give their work with were all thanks to them. He may not be the one singing the song but he’s happy for the recognition of his works.

Namjoon thinks for awhile. “Well can’t you ask them to push it further?”

He slumped back in his seat. “I can’t, I’ve already asked them to extend it. The group has to make a comeback this month. It has been all set. They have their world tour planned so I can’t delay this.”

Namjoon nods in understanding. If there’s one person who knows how he feels,  then its his friend.

“But you haven’t prepared anything. This is bad-“ he cuts him off. “Stop pointing the obvious,” Yoongi huffs.

“Chill man, I’m not done talking. Anyway, being holed up in here for a week without any progress is not doing you any good. I think you should consider getting out of here and finding some inspiration somewhere not within these four walls.”

He thinks for awhile. He weighs the pros and cons of getting out of his workplace. The pros – maybe he’d finally be able to write a song. The cons – he’d be wasting his time outside if it happens that not even a concept for a new song gets him. Namjoon smiled at him, he looks so infuriating with his cute dimples. When is Namjoon never right?

He stands up and grabbed his things and shoves it on his bag.

This better be a productive day.

 

 

¥

 

Sitting inside a quaint coffee shop is not really his idea of searching for inspiration. He could have visited some place where there are better sceneries but the weather has been hot these past few days and any place with no air-condition on might kill him. So he decided that he can do it next time. Besides, observing people and making stories about them in his head is pretty interesting too.

He was sipping on his Americano when a couple sat across the next table he was in. The man’s arms were around the most breath-taking person he’d ever seen, and he’s not exaggerating when he said that. He’s acquainted to many artists and none of them made him just as stupefied as this beautiful being in front of him.

The guy who must have been the luckiest person for having her whispered something in her ears and she chuckled while lightly hitting his chest. Damn. Even her laugh is beautiful. How could someone not die to hear that laugh again? He wants to be the one to be able to make her laugh. What. No. He belatedly dismissed the idea. Couples in general annoy him. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter