Secrets

The 7 Little Orphans

 

-3rd person pov-

 

Kibum dozed off after a while. His door was slowly creaked open, Jiyong stepped inside and approached the sleeping boy. He stood by the bed, watching his new friend stirred in his sleep. 

 

"Time for dinner." He spoke when Kibum had his eye slightly open.

 

Kibum got out of bed and followed him. They descended the stairs, the wooden floor creaked as they stepped on it. The orphanage  was quiet, which gave Kibum the eerie feelings. 

 

Once they've arrived at the dining room, the others were already in their respective seats. The lost boy sat at the far end since it's the only seat left. On the table were a simple dish consisted of bread, mashed potatoes, salads and a jar of orange juice. Kibum watched as the others eat. They were quiet and rather polite; their backs straight, napkins laid nicely on their laps, forks and knives used properly and they had that grateful expressions on their faces.

 

"If you're not going to eat then go away."

 

Kibum flinched at the words thrown at him. He looked at  the short-haired girl who was scooping a morsel of mashed potatoes with her spoon. She paused abruptly and the others followed as she set her eyes on him. With those mysterious eyes on him, Kibum couldn't help but feeling scared. He lowered his head as he jabbed a small piece of bread and ate it, chewing it slowly.

 

They continued eating and finished 10 minutes after that. They went off to somewhere and since Kibum doesn't know what to do, he decided to just go back into his room. 

 

As he laid his hand on the banister, he saw a white German Shepherd by the huge panned-window. The dog was staring at him   with pitiful eyes as it whimper softly. Its white fur was dirty with patches of brown, probably from the dirt. 

 

Kibum smiled and started for the main door. He walked into a garden where the dog was waiting for him. It whimpered again when the boy appraoched him. 

 

"It's okay." He the dog's head, comforting it.

 

"There you are."

 

Startled, Kibum looked up and saw a figure in black aristocrat suit. 

 

"Amber?" He whispered.

 

"I'm Peter." The replied came out cold and stern.

 

"What?"

 

Kibum was confused. He was sure that Amber doesn't have any twin since he only saw one Amber at the first meeting and also during dinner. 

 

The boy glared at the dog and gestured it to leave. It obeyed with a soft whimper and dissapeared at a corner. 

 

"That's your dog?" Kibum asked, "What's its name?"

 

Before the strange boy could speak, Seunghyeon appeared. Her expression was a mixture of happiness and hatred as she shyly held Peter's hand. Kibum blinked and watch while she scowled at him. 

 

He was so confused.

 

"I'm not finish yet." 

 

Peter slipped out of the girl's hold and casually made his way to the backyard. Sighing, Seunghyeon followed him shortly after giving the confused boy a second scowl. 

 

-End-

 

-Kibum pov-

 

Who is Peter? Why does he look like Amber? Could it be her? 

 

It could be... perhaps, she was trying to trick me or something...

 

My mind was full of question that I didn't realize that I'd just bumped into Jiyong... or he was the one who bumped into me.

 

"You okay?" He asked apologetically. 

 

So it was him.

 

I smiled and nodded my head. The question still lingered in my head so before he could leave, I called him out and he turned back around.

 

"I" I snorted, "Who's Peter?"

 

Jiyong stared at me for a moment, "That's Amber."

 

I started sweating and realized that I haven't bath. 

 

"She's sick, just like the rest."

 

My head started spinning.

 

"What do you mean?" I managed to asked.

 

An apparent  purple-ish mark under his lower lip as he bit the flesh lightly. It seemed like he was punched. The same mark could also be seen on his neck and right cheek which I never seen before this. He noticed me checking his wounds that he whispered an apology and walked off. 

 

He haven't answered my last question. 

 

Before I could reached the doorknob of my room, I heard a muttering from downstairs. It gets clear and I assumed that whoever it was, the person is going up. I got in my room, leaving the door slightly ajar so I could see who it was. 

 

It was they; Taemin and Minho. Minho was on his knees and Taemin stood before him. The boy was tying the latter's shoe lace and after he was done, Taemin brought his index finger to the Minho's chin, lifting it up slightly. I gasped as he pressed their lips together. 

 

My shirt was now soaked in sweats.

 

Taemin pulled away and surpirisngly turned his head to me with a twisted smile. I shut the door closed, hoping that I won't be in trouble for peeking. 

 

I yelped from the sudden soft thud on my door, followed by the sound of the know being twisted open; revealing the two boys. My throat felt dry that I couldn't say anything. 

 

Taemin scrunched his nose, "You're dirty." He walked towards me with a glass of water in hand. He stopped, brought the glass on top of my head and poured the content. 

 

The water dripped from my face and down my chest, giving me that uneasy and sticky feeling. 

 

His lips formed a smile as he leaned back, "It's bath time."

 

-End-