The Lost Boy

The 7 Little Orphans

 

-3rd person pov-

 

The sky was dark and the weather was cold and humid. Along the empty, dark road; a teenage boy could be seen walking on his own. He seems lost and scared as he walked, hoping that a car would passed by but sadly, none has passed... not even once since he got there.

 

He hugged his thick, black hooded-jacket tightly to keep himself warm. The chilly wind that kept brushing his skin through his clothes made him shivered and his legs wobbly. 

 

Why was he here? Out in the dark chilly night all alone? It's because he ran away from his foster parents who wanted to send him abroad to England to further his studies. He doesn't wanna go but they keep forcing him to. He was also abused by them if he ever break the rules which he seems to broke every week. He tried to be how they wanted him to be but he failed. He's just not fit and good enough to be a part of the rich family so he decided to leave.

 

The poor boy sat on an old bench, sighing softly. He was exhausted from all the walking. He looked up at the dark, empty sky, staring at it for a moment, didn't noticed that a girl was approaching him. 

 

She gently placed her hand on the boy's shoulder, causing him to jumped a little by the sudden contact. He blinked a few moment as the girl flashed her a warm smile. 

 

"You seem lost." She spoke.

 

The boy nodded slightly. The girl then gestured him to follow her with her hand. She walked up the hill that was located behind him. Without thinking twice, he quickly got up and followed closely behind her. 

 

They entered the woods soon and the moon was their only resource that guided them through it. The boy got a bit frightened so he walked beside the girl. She has a calm expression plastered on her face. She noticed his facial expression so she held his hand as she led him to deeper.

 

After 15 minutes of walking, they had arrived at a huge and scary-looking mansion. The boy swallowed the lump building in his throat quietly at the sight of the mansion and its 'dead' surrounding. No flowers or bushes and not even any garden accessories. 

 

Only trees...

 

The girl opened the gate and closed it back before taking the boy inside. Once inside, the girl has vanished to who-knows-where in a blink of an eye, leaving him all alone in the gloomy, dim-lighted mansion. He looked around in order to find her but couldn't see her anywhere, not even her shadow could be found. 

 

"Welcome."

 

The poor boy startled by the sudden voice and looked up at the stairs where he saw a boy, who seems to be in his age, standing at the steps with his back leaning against the wall and his arms cross. A smile crept on his face when he saw the boy's mixed facial expression.

 

"Welcome to our orphanage." He spoke again, "I am Taemin," The moment he introduced himself, kids of different genders suddenly appeared from random places not far from the puzzled boy. Some were smiling and some aren't, "That is Minho," He pointed at the boy who was sipping his tea in the kitchen. Taemin then pointed at the girl beside Minho, "That's Eunjung," He then pointed at the two boys who were sitting on the higher part of the steps, "That's Dongho," He then pointed at the other boy, "And that's Jiyong." He said in a disgusted tone which made Jiyong lowered his head.

 

A girl in a simple red dress approached him with a girl who was following her from behind, "I'm Amber," She said with an uninterested expression. She kept her gaze at the boy, eyeing him from head to toe as the other girl introduced herself, "I'm Seunghyeon." She smiled slightly.

 

"Who're you?" The boy named Dongho asked.

 

"I'm..." The poor boy paused, looking at each children before he continued, "Kibum..."

 

Amber smirked as she cross her arms, "Welcome Kibum." She then spun around and made her way to the stairs. As she did so, the others followed her and disappeared as they turned into a corner.  Leaving Kibum alone... again.

 

The confused boy chewed on his lower lip, debating on whether to catch up with them or just stay here but before he could debate with himself any longer, Taemin popped his head out from the corner, "Aren't you coming?" He asked in a rather annoyed tone.

 

Kibum nodded his head and climbed up the stairs, following his new friend feverishly. He had no clue to where Taemin was taking him. He didn't even bother to ask.

 

They've stopped in front of a wooden door. Taemin turned the knob and pushed Kibum in lightly from the back, "This is your room." He grinned.

 

Kibum looked around. The room was small and dusty. There were only a single bed and small a side table with a night lamp on it. Taemin quickly shut the door close without saying anything.

 

The poor boy sighed as he sat on the edge of the bed. This orphanage seems scary, quiet and gloomy and the number of children were so few. The location are secluded and far from the town and community.  

 

Kibum groaned softly. He lay down and closed his eyes, thinking of how weird yet scary this orphanage is...

 

-End-