[1/3]

I'm Just Me (BTS X Reader)

  Just like anyone in life, I wanted to be normal. But the world wasn't fair to me. Since I turned six, I was diagnosed with panic disorder. It painful being worried every day that my anxiety may rush to the roof and I'd act like a fool in front of everybody. I always distanced myself from people and large crowds. I was always by myself. I never tried to make friends of any sort. I just made sure that I kept myself and problems to myself.

        Being in my room for most of my life after I graduated high school, I usually went online time to time. That's when I found out about them. BTS. Bangtan Sonyeondan. The seven boys who helped through my pain and made all my worries vanish with a smile. Like any other fangirl, I was attached easily. They soon become my life, the first people to make me laugh since I've been diagnosed.

        Some years have passed and my panic attacks died down from every month to two or three every year. It was all because of them. I had to thank them in person for all they had done for me...but where was a girl like me get tickets and passes to a concert? 

        It was the day after my birthday when my mother, who has been with me all the way, surprised me with tickets. "No way! Are you kidding me!" I practically screamed as I tackled her in a hug.

        "No (Y/N). You're really going to meet them," she said hugging me back. She knew had much those boys impacted my life. I pulled back.

        "When are we going?" I asked excitedly. 

        "Tomorrow." I smiled and ran upstairs after yelling, "Thank you! I love you!" I burst into my room and started going through my closet, trying to find something presentable. After a lot of time of deciding, I chose a white shirt that a box that said "Maybe some other time" in it along with jean shorts and a pair of converse. I didn't have any of their merch, only their latest album and a necklace I got the other day.

        I hung the clothes on the back of my closet door and squealed. I couldn't wait until the next day.

 

 

        It was about five o'clock when my mother woke me up. I jumped out of bed and got ready, dressing in the clothes I chose yesterday. I put on my necklace with their sign and picked up my album before skipping downstairs. I ate a small breakfast that consisted of bread, jam, and apple juice.

        After we finished eating, we went to the car and left home. The place the concert was at was an hour drive from where I lived. I listened to different K-pop groups I've had become interested in since I was going to listen to BTS sing in person. They were a mix GOT7, EXO, including their small groups, Black Pink, Red Velvet, Twice, Seventeen, Monsta X, SHINee, and Big Bang, just to list a few. After a while, I fell asleep since we were stuck in traffic. 

        "(Y/N), honey. We're here," I heard my mother say as she shook me awake. I opened my eyes and nodded, getting out of the car. We walked inside and joined the line of many other fans. It took forever to get to our seats but even longer for the concert to start. I sang along as they played all of my favorites which were all of their songs, there wasn't a song I didn't like. 

        I watched in pure amazement as they so gracefully danced and sung so beautifully. I felt truly lucky. The smile that was slapped on my face never went away.

        Faster than I expected, it was time for the meet and greet. We were all brought into a room and waited for the boys to freshen up a little before meeting us. When they came out, the lines started moving. I felt my heart start to race as I gripped onto my album. 

        I couldn't believe it. I was really going to meet them. I looked at my mother was standing across the room. She gave me a thumbs up. She knew how important this was to me.

        In front of me, I saw that was only one girl there. That meant I was also next. That's when my heart raced faster. It was something that wasn't normal. I suddenly felt hot and my hands were starting to get clammy fast. That's when reality hit me in the face. Hard.

        I was having a panic attack.

        I cursed myself in my head as I realized I was next. One of the members, Kim Seokjin, smiled at me and I felt light-headed and dizzy. I knew it was too good to be true, I thought as I started to fall. Life was never fair with me in the first place so why did I think I had a chance? 

        "(Y/N)!" I heard my mother scream as I hit the ground, blanking out.