Enter the Kind Doctor

In the Grey

"Get out now! If I see your face again I will tell the security guards to throw you out!"

"Dont be like that, Hyungwon-ah. I am just here to meet my friends. You cant be prohibit me to do that, thats unethical."

"I will, if that means you will get a decent day off, hyung. I am serious. Please go home and enjoy your vacation properly."

Hyunwoo looks at his hospital manager with disbelief. Yesterday he was put on a paid leave rather forcefully. He suspected that the manager actually wanted to get rid of him somehow. But he is a rather good employee! He never asked for a sick leave (he rarely got sick), he arrives in time, never once he got into a dispute with his patient, and he got almost zero complaint from his colleages who work with him in this hospital. So why?

Hyungwon, the handsome model-like manager scrunchs his brows and sighs. "You know I did it for you, right? You never take a leave, and hence never rest well, I am worried about your health. Take it for me as your good friend. Get a week off and comes here next monday and I will have your doctor coat back."

They were in receptionist, and their drama started to attract some audiences (Hyunwoo was there, talking to Changkyun when Hyungwon found him). Hyunwoo is not a person for drama, but then Hyungwon has a flair to create that just from his existence alone, like a movie star.

"So I am not allow to be here?"

"Not even a bit."

"Even if I got hurt?"

"I know you can stitch your own wound without so much flinching."

"You are being cruel, Hyungwon-ah."

"Come on, I will you out of here."

And that's how Hyunwoo ended up leaving the hospital with a taxi, paid by Hyungwon. Pride a little bit wounded.

.

Hyunwoo took his revenge by abusing Hyungwon's taxi tab. He went to his old dormitory area when he was in med school, it was pretty far from his current living place so, he never really went back here for a long time.

The place was located on the other side of the river bank, a place he came often after long study session in the exam week. It was rather late (He thought the manager wouldnt find him if he came later in the day, but then even if Hyungwon found him he never thought that he would be thrown out from the hospital), so it was rather quiet. He looks at the deceivingly calm river. The calmness that could sweep even car away that even human wouldnt compare to the strenght of body water.

His foolish friends once dared him to swim across the river because he was a damn good swimmer. He never did the dare though. Even if his friends are foolish, he is not. He wouldnt do something as reckless as that that could endanger his future (and life!) only for something small like a dare. And he wouldnt...

Draaaamsgrryrsfdfuuuuuut! Syuuuuusssshrrccccreeeek!

He jumped in surprised upon hearing the loud noise. A car noice. He saw a car flipped in a road, just like the way the car does in the movie. It creaks and then the driver door was open. Somebody jumps? (or rolling out?) from the car just a second before the car hits the fence and falls on the body of water.

Hyunwoo froze for a second, only to find his sense calling back kicking him on the shin. He is a doctor after all. He ran toward the person that was still laying on the road. The light was not enough for him to see clearly (that damn yellow lights that washed out anything!) but he looks like a man, a young man.

"Hey, are you awake?" (Are still alive?) The young man's body was all battered up. His clothes are clad in black, so Hyunwoo couldnt see if there was blood, but he feels a wetness in his palm that he recognize instantly as the scent of burnt and tang of iron hit his nose.

He saw the bloodied up lip moving. "Okay, I will take you to hospital in second. For now I can only give you first aid..." Hyunwoo was stopped when the young man's hand gripped his clothes. His lips is moving again but there is no sounds. Hyunwoo lowered his ear to the young man's face.

"No... hospital..."

"No hospital?" Hyunwoo parroting, he looks at the other battered up body with confusion. "No offense sir, but you look like dying now. You need hospital."

"Leave... me then." This time there was a voice, it was so low that Hyunwoo could easily missed it. "They will... find me there."

And for the first time, Hyunwoo really looks at the other man's body. His words just now kind of brought his sense back. Car doesnt easily flipped up without sabotage. This man's battered up body doesnt look like mugs works too. He should have realized it earlier.

 "So you are in a gang? Are you a gang?"

His question was answered with a smirk. A ing smirk!

Hyunwoo found himself rather conflicted. He shouldnt get involved with gangs, that would be bad. But then as a doctor he should not leave somebody that needs help.

"I will take you in my place. It is rather far but I promise you it is better than laying on asphalt in the dead night."

He got no response. So Hyunwoo called his earlier taxi, hoping that it had not gone too far.

.

.

A/N: Pardon me, I dont know how the car accident will sound. And yeah, this chap is not beta-ed either, I apologize for the grammar