Voicemail

In the Grey

Wonho was once the best executioner. He is tall, muscular, and scary strong. You could say that anybody that heard his name would shiver in fear. He is all respected and frightened at the same time. However the thing is, he is so fancy. He does his job in extravagance, that the police and FBI started to notice his existence and the possibility of his involvement in the unresolved cases.

Hence, the day off (or the bench time, actually). The Chair put him in a prolonged vacation somewhere while someone else taking his place executioning The Chair's plan. Came Lee Minhyuk, the fair replacement for the crazy good (but fancy!) Exec. Unlike Wonho, Minhyuk is actually very practical. His works are usually unnoticeable. He comes and go with ease leaving a trail of dead body that has no possible relation to each other (the relation is there but nobody can see it that way unless they know Minhyuk and The Chair).

The law enforcement that was so adamant in finding a professional criminal began to question the following cases. It seemed that Wonho had stopped his operation. Perhaps somebody else had took his place to do his job. And while that much assumption is correct, they had no idea who the replacement could be. Because while Wonho is a showman, this new player is enigma.

.

Naturally, The Execs dont communicate with each other. They can't and they won't, because Execs are not the sanest people to have around. Thats why The Chair only brings them on a case occassionally and separately. However there were times when a rare case that needed to be taken care by more than one Exec arose, and two execs would meet to carry out the operation.

That's how Wonho met Minhyuk, a fair boy that looks so common just like your boy next door. Dont get him wrong. Minhyuk is good looking, he has a face that you cant get tired of looking even after all day staring. His voice is pleasant, and his mannerism is flawless. He has this perfect ability to blend well with anybody in any place ever. His face is handsome yes, but not something quite unique that will leave a trace of memory in somebody's mind. He is just the master of stealthy.

 "Minhyukkie, I am enjoying a sunbath here while you are working your off there under the shades of building! Don't you want to come here too? Lets take vacation together sometimes."

He would leave him a voicemail like that in the middle of the night and ranting about vacation. Minhyuk took it that the other had became restless in his vacation and wants to get back to work. But then it was not his fault that the former Exec got put away while he finished the job that was left off. Minhyuk ignored the voicemail and changed his number.

Only to find the same call from Wonho on the next day. He did not bother after the dozen time. Wonho is a pro afterall.

Sometimes he wonders if the phonecall was not about jealousy at all. He wonders if it was about loneliness.

People like them can and would get an easy catch for sure were they looking for it on the night club. Wonho probably does that in his free time. Minhyuk doesnt. he chooses to stay in a place and moving around doing mundane things.

 "Minhyuk-ah, today I met a cute blond here that reminds me of you. Do you remember that time we had fun together? Dont you miss it? So what about we take a vacation together, you choose the place."

That was last voicemail from Wonho that he had before leaving for an operation. Little did he know that it was the last time he would hear it. And just like the usual, he ignored him.