let go

her eyes said it all (please speak to me again)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘The weather has been getting cooler,’ Dahyun thinks as she made her way towards a flower shop nearby the hospital. Lately, smiling to people other than Chaeyoung or Sana has been hard, but Dahyun finds herself smiling softly at everyone she passed along her way.

 

“Oh, Dahyun, what a surprise! Nice to see you again,” Hansol, and old elementary school classmate of Dahyun’s greeted her cheerfully. Dahyun smiled back at him and reciprocated his greeting before moving towards the flowers that she knew were Mina’s favorites. She brought them back up to the counter, and Hansol smiled fondly.

 

“Mina, right? She sure is lucky, considering it took me forever to get you to even play with me in elementary school,” Hansol laughed softly while ringing up the flowers, handling them with gentle ease as always. Dahyun doesn’t lose her smile, admiring how soft the male is himself. He had curly brown hair and brown eyes that absolutely shined at any given time, and Dahyun thinks that if this were another universe, she might’ve fallen in love. If a Myoui Mina didn’t exist in that one, either. “Alright, well, since the occasion is a bit different today, the flowers are on me. And, as always, do you want a card?” Hansol was always stuck on Dahyun buying a card for Mina, but she never gave in; however, Hansol’s gentle, almost pitiful look had her giving in this one time.

 

With a deep breath, Hansol was already beaming. “Sure, I’ll take a card,” Hansol smiles at his hollow victory and goes to get one of their better ones. After writing out a short note, Dahyun and Hansol promised to catch up sometime, and then she was off.

 

Dahyun made her way to the hospital slowly she thought that she should have taken her time today—should have performed more encores in the shower, should have mulled over what to wear a bit longer, should have tried to mess with her hair, should have took her time eating breakfast, should have talked with Hansol a bit longer—there were so many things she could have done much slower, and she regretted it all as she looked up at the red sign of the hospital taunting her, almost.

 

The nurse at the counter was one Dahyun knew very well by now, and when the woman looked up, she smiled warmly.  “Dahyun, it’s nice to see you,” She got up and made her way out of her station

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter