The Aster

You are my aster

 

Soonyoung was a lil kid living with his parents and older sister at the countryside. This year he turned 7. His life was rather uneventful. He was going to school not that far from his house, getting average marks, having few friends. He wasn’t super sporty even though he trained taekwondo, he wasn’t super popular even though he was nice to everyone and always wanted to help. You may ask why? Well, it’s kind of easy. Firstly, for a 7 year old he was very small, what made people think he was younger. And he was shy little bub, or so his friends told him.

 

As for his friends, you see, they too were not so much of social butterflies. Junhui, or simply Jun, was Chinese and always worried people would think less of him, ‘cause he had troubles using Korean even after living there for half of his not that long life. As for Wonwoo, he just liked peace and silence, so he could read his favourite books and study things they didn’t learn at school.

 

There was one thing Soonyoung liked doing a lot, thanks to Wonwoo. It was spending his time in the garden. His mom liked flowers very much so they had a sea of them in their garden. Soonyoung enjoyed sneaking there every Saturday and Sunday afternoon to just sit surrounded by beautiful colors and scents. One day he saw a big truck stop before the new beautiful house on the other side of the road, few meters to the right.

 

Four men started to carry furniture and a a lot of boxes inside the house. After some time another car pulled up next to it and three people came out. Two adults and one young boy, probably around Soonyoung’s age. Now he was interested.

 

The boy had messy brown hair and was squeezing a plushie really hard. Soonyoung came closer to the fence and observed the newcomers, since the construction was not that high. The young woman, surely that boy’s mother, spotted him and waved making the lad turn and look at Soonyoung. Being the shy baby he was he panicked and crouched, hiding behind the fence and flowers. His heart beating fast. After a moment he sprinted to his room and buried his little body under his duvet.

 

He didn’t saw the little boy or even his parents for the next week, but of course he did share the story with his friends.

 

- But why did you hide? Maybe you made him go away? - asked Jun, munching on his sandwich.

- I panicked, ok? What would you do if someone cute looked at you?

- He would probably wink, - laughed Wonwoo. - But, seriously, they weren’t there a whole week?

- Maybe they needed to go back to their old house for something?

 

What Jun said slightly calmed Soonyoung. But he still wanted the family come to that new house as fast as possible.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Saturday came. Soonyoung as always went to the garden and sat at one of the paths watching the birds, bees and butterflies roam around, making noise. He didn’t even realize that a car was parked in front of the new house, a little boy with brown hair and light-blue rabbit plushie in his arms slowly walking up to the place closest to his sitting form.

 

- Hi?

 

Soonyoung looked to his left. There, just on the other side of the fence stood that cute boy he saw a week ago, holding the same plushie, and smiling nervously at him. Soonyoung blushed. He got up and bowed, saying small hi and looking at his hands holding violet aster.

 

- What’s your name? I am Jihoon. - the boy smiled again, a big smile this time that made his eyes almost disappear.

- Hi Jihoon, hi. I.. I’m Soonyoung.

 

He was still standing in the same spot not really looking at Jihoon, figeting and trying not to burn down. Jihoon clearly got curious as he started looking around the garden while holding the fence for stability. Finally his eyes landed on Soonyoung again.

 

- What do you have there? - he asked pointing at his hands.

- Oh, that’s an aster.

- You like flowers?

 

Soonyoung just nodded, not trusting his voice when the cute boy was smiling at him, showering him with his attention.

 

- You’ll teach me?

 

Black haired boy smiled, nodding again. He went to the gateway and took Jihoon inside the garden, telling him about all the flowers that were there. That day Jihoon walked back home with a handful of blue and red salvias and a sunflower.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________

A little description about the flowers, 'cause this it so so so important!

 

So, an aster's name cames from Greek and guess what? ^_^ It means STAR !! And the symbolic of it is patience & love!

Red salvias mean forever mine, 'cause I'm romantic sh*t like that and made them fall in love :D

Blue salvias mean I think of you and a sunflower is know for adoration