Chapter 2

University

I'm so sorry that its taken me this long to come up with the next chapter, even for it to be this short hahaha. My year has been kinda crazy so far, but i'm going to try to work hard to update more often. I think i'm going to fix a little bit of the first chapter here soon, nothing too drastic tho haha. Also I added color to the thoughts of the our wonderful boys!

Jinyoung is Red

Mark is Blue

Anyway, i hope you enjoy this new chapter, make sure to give me some thoughts about it in the comments!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about 4:15 p.m. when the two boys made it to their room and started unpacking everything. It turns out that Jackson and the other two boys have their rooms on the complete opposite side of the dorm from Mark and Jinyoung's room. Mark just hoped that this meant that the boys won't come too often and bother him.

Maybe I should try to make some small talk, that might make everything a little less stuffy in here, “So Mark, are you from here? Your name kind of sounds a little foreign, no offense.” Jinyoung asked while putting some of his stuff away, trying to make small talk.

Mark thought for a second, then replied, “You're fine. I'm not from Korea, I'm from America. I thought it would be a fun experience to study and go to school in another country.”

“Oh! So you speak English?”

“Yes, it's my first language.” Mark replied.

Mark just finished making his bed and turned around where Jinyoung was right behind him, looking at him with awe. Mark jumped slightly from the sudden presence of Jinyoung.

“That's so cool! I've been trying to improve my English here recently but I haven't gotten that far since there isn't really anyone to practice with…” Jinyoung pouted slightly. Oh wow, I can't believe he is American, I thought they were much louder than this.

Mark stood there looking at Jinyoung, then an idea came to mind. “Hey, I have an idea if you're interested.”

“Shoot.”

“How about I teach you English?”

“Really?! Do you mean it? You'd really teach me?” Jinyoung asked, adding a little excited bounce. “You won't be too busy or anything?”

“Yeah, I mean it. And nah, I usually have way to much free time, so I'd be happy to teach and tutor you in English.” Mark explained.

“Then alright, I'll gladly take your offer! Thank you so much, I'll be in your care.” Jinyoung gave Mark one of his signature eye smiles.

Mark stood there with an evident blush showing up in his face I only just met him an hour ago and he already does things to me...how am I going to survive the whole year..? “Um...Is it ok if I ask for something in return?”

“Yes, yes. Of course, what would you like from me in return?”

“Since I'm teaching you English, do you think you can teach me more Korean? Like I said, my birth language is English, so I'm not too well versed in Korean. So how does that sound? Sound pretty fair?” Mark asked.

“Yes, of course! That's more than fair, I'll be happy to teach you Korean. I'm never to busy or anything and I'm pretty good at planning everything ahead, so I'll always make sure I have time to tutor you in Korean.” I've never taught someone before, this sounds like it could be fun. I can't wait.

“Alright, I'll be looking forward to it.” Mark gave him a small smile.

The two boys went back to organizing all their stuff, about five minutes later came a knock on the door. Please don't let it be that annoying guy with those other two...they're way too much and I just want to finish putting everything away so I can sleep.

Jinyoung walked over to the door and looked through the peephole. Giving a small sigh, Jinyoung opened the door, which revealed the three people Mark desperately did not want to see. Mark put in his headphones and cranked his music up as loud as he could bear it and got back to work before Jackson and the other two came in.

“Jinyoungie~ I missed you sooo much!” Jackson whined, attacking Jinyoung with a massive hug. Jinyoung hated the nickname Jackson gave him, but he still calls him that even though he knows how much it irks him. “Jackson, I literally saw you an hour ago. Please get off me.” Jinyoung said with his trademark poker face.  “Jinyoungie~ why are so mean to me?”

“Because you make it too easy for me.” Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

Jackson stood there and pouted for a few minutes and remembered why they came.

“Oh yeah! We ran off earlier to check out our room, but we forgot about you and Mark. Who are your roommates?” Jackson asked, curious. Jaebum and Youngjae was also curious as they looked around the room. The two saw a figure lying down on one of the beds, which the bed was pretty high so they couldn't see his face.

Jinyoung looked up over at Mark and thought for a second. “I only have one roommate, he said he wasn't feeling too good, so he went and laid down after he finished unpacking. I still have some unpacking to do myself, so do you think we can just meet up for dinner later?”

“Yeah, of course. We'll see you later then.” Youngjae said with a knowing smile, pushing the other two out quite forcefully.

“Thanks, guys.” Jinyoung said, giving Youngjae a look while closing the door. He leaned up against the door and gave out a short sigh. He looked over towards Mark’s bed and saw that the boy was doing exactly what he told the others: Mark was fast asleep, his chest rising up and down ever so slightly. Jinyoung turned back towards his own side and started doing what he said he would, unpack more stuff. He thought about inviting Mark to dinner with the boys and him if he was awake by then.

The boys can be a bit rough and rowdy.. I can understand why Mark wasn’t having any of it when they came in earlier. They might be crazy but they have good hearts. Hopefully, Mark will get along with them better.

-------------------------

Mark woke up to screaming in his ear. He jerked awake and made a very audible sound. Oh yeah… I fell asleep with my music playing. What time is it..? Mark struggled to grab his phone, trying to find where the device was. Mark pressed the home button, and it read  6:30 p.m. Damn… what times does the dining hall close? I hope I can make it there for food before they close. Mark sat up in his bed and sat there for a few minutes, trying to give himself a moment to wake up. While he sat there, he looked around the room, trying to get a higher view of everything. Jinyoung was sitting on his bed, typing along on his laptop with his headphones in. He looked like he was concentrating on whatever he was working on.

Right as Mark looked away, Jinyoung looked up from his computer. Oh, he woke up. Maybe I can ask him if he wants to go eat. Jinyoung took his headphones out and looked over towards Marks bed.

“Hey, Mark. Are you busy?”

Mark looked at him in confusion, I literally just woke up, why would I be busy? Mark thought that might sound a little rude, so instead he replied back with a quiet no. He looks like an adorable little kid who just woke up from a nap! I can't take this cuteness! Come on Jinyoung, compose yourself. Just ask him to come eat with you already.

“The boys and I were about to head to the dining hall, I thought I'd ask you if you wanted to join? I mean, if you don't mind hanging with some crazy people that is haha.” Jinyoung mentioned with a hoping smile.

Mark thought for a second, I mean I should probably get on everyone's good side. They are Jinyoung's friends after all… “Sure, I'll tag along. They won't be unbearable though, right?” Mark looked at him with a worried glance.

“They can be a little crazy, but nothing too bad. You'll get use to them in no time.” Jinyoung said, giving Mark a beautiful eye smile.

I can't take this, he's too cute. Wait, maybe adorable would actually suit him better. Ah, whatever. The point is, that smile kills me! “Alright, I'll trust you on this. Just tell me when you're leaving and I'll tag along.” Mark said, a little pink tinting his cheeks.

“Alright, let me just text them and figure out where they are real quick.”

“Ok, I'm gonna head to the restroom real quick.” Mark informed Jinyoung, climbing down the latter.

“Alright.”

Mark walked into the restroom and looked in the mirror. Ohmygod...I look like a terrible, terrible mess. I'm so embarrassed… my hair is a mess, there is sheet wrinkles on my face, and there is a little bit of drool dried on the side of my mouth. Mark closed his eyes and gave an internal scream before trying to make himself presentable. After fixing his hair and putting some facial cream on, he decided that he looked pretty good while he walked out of the restroom.

“Hey! I was about to leave in about 5 minutes, is that alright with you?” Jinyoung asked, heading towards the restroom. “Yeah, that's fine with me.” “Alright, cool.” Jinyoung walked inside the restroom and checked his appearance, I have some crazy dark circles under my eyes...i need to sleep more. Other than that, I think I look pretty good. Jinyoung ruffled his hair and gave himself a once over before heading out of the restroom. “Alright, I'm ready whenever you are!”

“Yeah, I'm ready. Are your friends already there?” Mark asked, opening the door to their room.

“I'm pretty sure. They're probably complaining about us taking to long haha.” Jinyoung laughed, locking their door behind them.

Mark’s heart skipped a beat, hearing the younger’s laugh. “You should laugh more…”

“What?” Jinyoung looked at Mark, a little confused. “Hmm? Oh uh, I just said you should laugh more. It sounds really nice.” Mark said looking towards his feet, his ears turning a light shade of pink.

Jinyoung stood there for a moment, a little stunned, then gave a genuine smile “Alright, you just have to make me laugh more then. Come on, Let's go before they start getting too rowdy.” Jinyoung grabbed Marks hand and started running down the hall, forcing Mark to run to keep from tripping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you guys enjoy this chapter? Tell me what you think and feel free to leave some comments!

I appreciate you guys!

~Christy