What?!?

What Matters Most

It's not every day that she gets to slack off like this so she's savoring every second of her unexpected afternoon of freedom from her evil of a boss. She is just too happy to care about him right now as she's sitting here inside her favorite coffee shop, sipping her favorite cafe latte and munching on a freshly baked bagel generously slathered with cream cheese and playing games on her iPad. Ahh! This is the life! But her momentary bliss was meant to be just that -- momentary! She was gleefully concentrating on her game when someone rudely plucked her earphones from her ears. She angrily looked up to see her evil boss who is now bent on murdering her eardrums.

"Jung So Min, you’ve been ignoring my calls all afternoon and you are just here playing that stupid game???" So Min was embarrassed because the people around them were starting to stare at the two of them. "Will you stop shouting, there are other people here! I also have no intention of saying goodbye to my eardrums just yet!"

He was stunned by her reaction, as always it felt like being drenched by a pail of ice cold water. She’s the only person in the world who can affect him that way. No matter how hard he denies it he still has an issue with her getting mad at him. But he kept his composure. He is her boss after all. "What are you doing here then and why aren't you answering your phone?"

"Weren't you the one who told me that I can take the afternoon off?! I haven't heard my phone ring the whole afternoon, so don't make up stories that you’ve been calling me," So Min said with a smirk. He ignored her and proceeded to rummage through the contents of her handbag to find her phone. "Here, I've been calling you, see!" True enough there were about 30 miss calls from him. "You didn't know I was calling you because you're so immersed in that stupid Temple Run game!" "Okay, fine, but why were you calling me? Didn't you say I can have the rest of the day off?"

"Yes, but my Mom called and said she wants to see us immediately. You know her, she does not have the patience to wait, and she hardly ever calls unless it's about something very important." So Min gave out a sigh. "I hate this as much as you do so stop sighing and hurry up." So Min had no choice but to get her stuff and follow him out of the coffee shop. She hates it but right now she has no choice but to go with this stuck up guy known by everyone else as the oh-so-charismatic Kim Hyun Joong, heir to the DaeKim Automobile Co., South Korea's number one carmaker and top exporter.

In the car, So Min kept her eyes on the view outside her window, while Hyun Joong drove in silence. In no time they were making their way inside the tall gates of the Kim's mansion. As soon as she stepped out of the car the servants excitedly greeted her and ushered them to the sitting room where Hyun Joong's mom was waiting.

"Oh my, So Min, you've gotten even prettier dear since the last time I saw you," Hyun Joong's Mom said as she locked her in a tight hug. Hyun Joong watched the scene and smirked.

"I don't have plenty of time to waste Mom. Better get down to business and tell us why you called us out here," Hyun Joong said, his voice clearly irritated.

"You are still so rude, I don't know why I decided to give birth to you. If I'd known you'd turn out this way I swear I'd have you aborted!" His Mom always speaks to him that way but Hyun Joong knows too well that he has his Mom wrapped around his little finger. She gives in to everything he says, except for one matter: the matter of Jung So Min--his right –hand (wo)man and the person he hates the most. It's interesting to note that So Min is also his ex-fiancee--a fact that both of them would rather forget. "I called you here because your Dad and I, and So Min's parents, have decided that it is now time for the two of you to get married."

"WHAT?!?" The two chorused. "But Mom, I thought we've made it clear to you that we no longer have intentions of marrying each other! Forcing us to work together is tough enough. I'm sorry Mom, I love and respect you like my own mother but there's no chance in hell I'd marry your son, not now, not ever! I’m sorry but I have to go," So Min said as she stomped out of the room.

"You really won't stop until you ruin my life, won't you?! There's no way I'm marrying her. I'd rather die!" Hyun Joong said as he strode out of the room. He saw So Min waiting for him outside the front door.

"What are you still doing here?" "Did you expect me to take a cab? You dragged me here, at least have the decency to drive me home."

"Fine!"