Bonus (Joohyun's POV)

Spring Day

A/N: Because I'm a er who can't just let things be (and because I, too, want to explore how Joohyun felt during this entire AU), here's a bonus where everything is told from her POV. ^^ Enjoy!


 

[On the corner of first and Amistad…]
 

I was only running on an hour of sleep that day, as I had been studying intensively for my statistics class the night before.
 

I didn’t know if I just wasn’t looking or if I was looking but seeing through everything in my path, but because of whatever it was, I bumped into you.
 

You held both of my arms in order to steady me, and I couldn’t look away from your eyes.
 

I would always say that I immediately knew you were different, but you never believed me.
 

But really.
 

It – you – scared the living out of me, so I quickly bowed my head and left you standing on that busy street corner.
 

And I didn’t know if I dreaded or hoped to see you again.


 

[You know I’m not so good with words…]
 

Surprise was the first emotion I felt when I saw you again at the library. I almost jumped right out of my chair, to be quite honest.
 

You were looking so cool, reading a book about Greece, and you had the college student look down to a tee.
 

I may have glanced at you at the corner of my eye far too many times that it was almost rude.
 

It's safe to say that I didn’t get a lot of studying done that day.
 

When you sat in front of me the next day, I had a mental battle with myself for about half an hour.
 

I wasn’t good with words. I chose them too carefully sometimes that they almost always sound scripted, which then increased my anxiety even further.
 

But I shyly took a chance that day.
 

And we ended up talking for hours, closing the library down with our timid-yet-warm conversations echoing through the walls, pounding through my heart.
 

Did you know how comfortable you made me?
 

Like a soft, warm hoodie and a cup of hot chocolate during a cold, rainy day.
 

Wendy, you said your name was.
 

Mine, was all I heard.


 

[A kiss that softly melts like caramel…]
 

Who would have thought that I would make the first move?
 

Not me. Probably not you, either.
 

Yet I pulled you in, because you were teasing me and it was so annoying but so alluring that I just.
 

I had to shut you up but show you how much I loved you at the same time.
 

I think I got my point across, because you kissed me back—I mean really kissed me back—and it was like I could hear an ‘I love you too’ in response inside my head.
 

 

[I put my heart on the line for you…]
 

I had never been more afraid than that day, with you, underneath the stars in the park.
 

The pink and purple stars.
 

You.
 

How could you be that?
 

A god?
 

You could destroy me. Destroy anyone. Anything.
 

I wanted to run. To escape you and whoever you are. Whatever you are.
 

But then I saw the brokenness in your eyes.
 

How you were expecting me to run and set myself free from you and the baggage you brought along.
 

Like you’d accepted your fate and was just waiting for the ax to come down swinging.
 

Did everyone always run away from you once they knew?
 

Was I the first you’d ever told?
 

Somehow, these thoughts struck me and changed me. Changed what I thought of you.
 

I hid my fear from you, taking your shaking hands between my own.
 

Seungwan. Wendy.
 

Whoever you are, whatever you are, it didn’t really matter anymore.
 

Not when your clammy hands and stuttering words showed how human your heart could be.
 

Not when you wept against my shoulder, whispering about how I saved you.


 

[I think I’ve got a bad habit…]
 

I am utterly addicted to your warmth.
 

Not the fire you could shoot with your eyeballs, nor the flames you could burst forth with a snap of your fingers.
 

Just your warmth. You. That inner furnace you bring with you melting away the cold I feel, the shiver running through my spine now of a different cause.
 

I burrowed close to you, making you in a sharp breath when the cold tip of my nose touched your neck and when my frozen toes ran up and down your calf.
 

And yet you pulled me in closer, enveloping me in the kind of warmth only you could provide.
 

Your warm body, heart, and love.
 

I was a willing convict for all three.


 

[Say you’ll never go…]
 

Sometimes, I cried myself to sleep on the nights that you weren’t there beside me.
 

You were my wife.
 

But you had your own duties, I knew. Duties that went beyond vows and love and even death.
 

So, each time, I would patiently wait for you to come back to me.
 

It didn’t really take too long – in a god or even human standpoint, and I welcomed you back with a hug and a kiss.
 

You did the same, and you did it with a love that promised me forever.
 

“I’m yours,” you would tell me.
 

I’d moan in your ear and tell you to prove it to me, over and over again.
 

Forever you would leave me, but forever you would come back to my arms.
 

 

[We’re living in a heartbreak dream…]
 

You’d turn into something like me when in public.
 

You wanted to do it in private too, but I refused. I liked seeing you as you truly are, because the fear that you could age like me and die like me made my heart shatter.
 

I knew your heart was shattering too, but all I could do was apologize. You wanted to gift me with your curse, but I refused.
 

Please don’t cry. We’ll see each other soon, my love.


 

[And I know, eventually, we’ll be together one sweet day…]
 

As far as deaths go, mine was peaceful – almost like falling asleep.
 

A sleep so deep, it was difficult for me to rouse from it.
 

But then I realized how cold it was, and I longed for the familiar warmth that only you could provide.
 

I saw you before you saw me, eyebrows furrowed with worry and talking a tall girl’s ear off.
 

It was instantaneous, my smile, upon seeing you.
 

Do you know how happy you make me?
 

I sent another prayer of thanks to the Fates for binding me to you as you started running towards me with tears in your eyes.
 

I wept on your shoulder, touched because you kept your promise of forever. Extremely happy because I could now do the same.
 

I’m yours, forever and always.

 


A/N: Aghhh I treasure this AU so much! Also, I totally don't tear up each time I write the latter parts T.T

 

Songs used:

You Found Me by The Fray

Obvious by Westlife

Whisper by TTS

Heartline by Craig David

FWB by NYK

Say You'll Never Go by Erik Santos

Heartbreak Dream by Betty Who 

One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men