One

Friends Don't Kiss

Part 1

10 PM. 
She sighs. It's Friday night, why the hell she spends her time in library, really. But she's not the one who despise it. In fact, as boring as it sounds, it's better than spend the time in club or bar. Her friend said that she can't go there, she don't know why, she's asked but his answer was very vague so she leave it be. It's not like she likes loud music, anyway. 

She glances around, in the library, it's not empty, but not so crowd. Just like her, they're spending their time in the library, to do their assignment or just study, just like nerds, or just simply spend their time. It's been 4 hours and she still read, the super boring psychological book. It's just 4 weeks since the new semester began, but she already study hard, or it just like a facade, like what she thought. She doesn't want to be alone now but she doesn't want to follow her fellow classmates to go to club, but she also doesn't feel like go home. She can hang out with her bestfriend, but he's really pain in the , that chose spending his time in lab instead of spending his time with her. How annoying. 

She turns her head when someone drags the chair beside her, interrupting her train of thoughts. She looks up to check who it is, out of curiousity. 

It's a guy, a handsome guy to be exact. Why he does he spend the time in library almost late at night? She wonders. But then again, she also spends her time in library and there're a lot of possibilities. 

He gives her a brief smile before take a seat beside her. She returns his smile, with a polite smile. Have I met him before, she thinks. But it's not like she knows all people in the campus. She's not that popular either. But he's so handsome that she finds herself staring at him longer than stranger do. How can she never see him before? She wonders. Or she just too ignorant? She shrugs her shoulder before returning her attention to the book. 

She gasps when he taps her shoulder gently. "Hello?" He says, smiling politely, almost apologetically. 

"Ah yes, hello." She nods her head. Blush creeps her face as she turns her head away, afraid that she got caught gasp exaggeratingly. She clears and grabs her pen, to calm her embarrassment. 

"Actually, can I borrow your pen? I lost mine, again." He asks and shakes his head, chuckling lightly. She looks at him and she turns her head to take her another pen and gives it to him, "here," she says, smiling politely at him. 

"Thanks." He smiles while shaking her pen that's in his fingers. She hums and returns to continue read her book. 

They are quiet for another 2 hours until she let out a quite big yawn. Glance at her watch, she conclude that she has to go home and sleep. It's already late.

When she has packed up and ready to go, she hears him call her, "hey, this is your pen, thanks." He says, stretching his arm to her. "It's okay, you can use it." She waves her hand politely. She ready to turn to leave when he calls her again. Sigh lightly, she turns to him again. "I'm Jongin, Kim Jongin, department of engineering by the way." He introduces and offers her his hand. She takes his hand and shakes it, "I'm Lee Sora, department of psychology." She bows lightly to him. 

"Freshman? Or woman?" He asks,  chuckling softly at his own joke. "Second year." She answers him. 

He nods his head before asks another request, "OK, so I'll return this to you when I meet you again, is this okay?" 

"Yes. So... I'll leave now." She bows lightly and turns around before she hears him says, "see you next time, Sora."

Sora smiles to herself after she makes way to her go home. 

***


3 weeks. It's been weeks since Sora met Jongin, but for almost 23 days when she regularly comes to the library, she never see him. It's not like she expect it too much,but who can forget such a fine man like Jongin? She figures that she can't. 

It's another day, sun and bright. And the weather gets colder and colder since autumn is getting near. She tighten her scarf, hiding her nose in the process. She walks to the library alone, because apparently, her girlfriends from her class decide to go to the coffee shop and she isn't keen on joining them, because she simply doesn't like coffe and she doesn't really like their hot chocolate that her friends are going to. So she decides she'll wait her bestfriend, Do Kyungsoo, in the library until he finishes whatever he's doing in the lab, it's not like she cares. 

Pocketing her phone, after she texted Kyungsoo where she settles her whereabouts, if he's going to find her, she enters the library, put her belonging in the locker, she goes straight to her usual place to sit. She walks slowly and steadily, tapping her fingers on her sides as she looks around the library and humming her favourite song. As she nears her usual table, she is glad that the table isn't occupied. She places her books and candies on the table neatly. Sora hides the candies in her pencil case, afraid that the librarian catch her bringing food. Sora chooses her book and opens it, occupying herself into reading the subject she wants to learn. 

She is too focused to notice that someone takes the seat beside her, until the person taps her shoulder gently, making Sora jerks up in the process. She places her hand in her chest and gasps rather loudly, "you scared me!" She breathes sharply. 

She calms herself down when she hears him say sorry and she sees him smile apologetically, "I'm sorry, Sora!" He mutters sincerely. Sora shakes her head and smiles assuringly at him, "it's okay Jongin, I'm just too focused to notice you." 

"Anyway!" Jongin claps his hands excitedly, grinning from ear to ear. "I was right when I said we'd meet again." He says enthusiastically. "So Sora, how are you?" He asks, face holds curiosity, like a child, makes Sora's heart melts at the sight of him like that, "I am fine, a bit stress because of assignments and stuff, how about you? How are you?" She asks back. 

"I was and am stressed. But I'm okay sometimes, like now, I'm fine, cause I got to meet you again after I thought that I was wrong. I thought you'd always go to the library at night? But I was wrong apparently. I want to give you your pen but I use it too much that I ran out its ink." Jongin shakes his head while smiling. Jongin then looks at Sora, anticipating her answer. 

"No, I actually come here at a time like this, in the late afternoon and before it gets dark, I'd go home." She tells him, then she pauses before continues again, "do you always come here at night?" Sora asks out of curiosity. 

"Yes. at night because I can't study at home when my noona is very loud, actually not only my noona, but my parents as well." He says while rolling his eyes. She hums and nods her head understandingly. "Anyway! Let's study. Or else, I'd talk too much." He says. 

So they are silent and occupy with their own activities, ending their conversation. Sora on the other hand, she doesn't read her book but wondering. She just met Jongin 3 weeks ago but she feels the connection between them, like they connected as friends, but she doesn't dare question him their relationship, are they friends or are they two strangers who comfortable enough to tell them their lives. She has no idea. He seems approachable and enjoyable to be with, but she can't conclude it too fast, afraid that she might wrong and she'd be disappointed. She sighs slowly and silently before shaking her head to wake her up. 

Before return to her book, she opens her candy package and plops it into , feeling the sweetness roams in . She takes another package and taps Jongin on his shoulder, "do you want candy?" She whispers, afraid that the librarian catchs her for eating in the library, even it just candies. She looks up at him when he takes the candy from her palm, feeling the electricity in her body, when his fingers makes contact with her palm, tickles her a bit. He locks eyes with her and smiles cutely, his eyes makes crescent, making it hard for Sora to breath. Jongin is handsome. Sora tells herself once again eventhough she already knows that from the day she met him. 

"Thanks." He whispers back at her, giving her his toothy smiles. "And I won't tell the librarian, so don't worry." He tells her. Sora nods her head dumbly. She returns to her book as soon as she looks away from locking her eyes with him. 

After three hours or so, Sora's phone buzzed, signaling there's a text from someone. She takes it and keys her passcode before she read the message. It's from Kyungsoo. She replies him, telling him that she'll meet him in front of uni's gate. Sora cleans her mess and packs it neatly. "Are you going home?" Jongin asks. Sora hums, nodding her head. Jongin suddenly packs as well, cleaning his own books. 

"You're going home, too?" Sora asks, tilting her head a little. "Yeah, I have a practice in the field in thirty minutes actually, you're being helpful, unknowingly become my reminder." He beams at her, grinning. 

"Let's go." Jongin tips his head outside when they finish their cleaning. 

They walk side by side silently, walking rather slowly. "So... You're an athlete or something?" Sora asks, looking at him up. She realizes that he is so tall, probably 180 cm or more, she doesn't know. Their height different is prominent. They maybe would look cute together while walking hand in hand. Sora shakes her head at her silly imagination, holding her laugh that threatening to come out. 

Jongin looks down at her, staring at her face that hold something he doesn't know. He unknowingly smiles at her silly face that she makes. "You really don't know me, huh?" Sora looks up at him. He raises his brow at her, smirking. Sora dumbly shakes her head. Her face shows the truth, makes Jongin can't help but want to pinch her cheeks because she looks stupid but adorable. "I'm a baseball player in this uni, you know. I thought all girls in this uni would know me, you're different or are you really don't pay attention around you?" 

"I must be wondering about something else in this campus a lot that I don't know who is who. Like sometime I was wondering, why the cafeteria don't sell good kimchi and good side dishes. Something little like that. Sorry that I don't know who you are." She mumbles. 

"It's okay. It's quite refreshing, you know? Introducing myself again when a lot of people already know me, I guess I'm too confident, right?" He looks at her. As if she knows that he looks at her, she looks back. "You're not. I'm just... Too ignorant." She shrugs and smiles reassuringly at him, letting him know that she tells him the truth that she is ignorant if he says that ever girls know him. They stop when they are in the way that they'll be apart. "Bye Sora, nice talking to you and see you next time. I'll treat you something not just replace it with another pen." He waves at her, grinning. Sora holds up her hand and waves it as well, "it's okay. bye Jongin." And they're apart to their own destination. 

***

It's next day in the morning when Sora wakes up late. She runs fast in the hallway to go to her class, it's 5 minutes before her class start, so she has to run faster than her feet allows her to. 

She breathes out loudly when she plops her in the chair and rest her back comfortably. "I made it." She sighs loudly, earning a questioning look from her friend, "woke up late again, girl?" She finally questions Sora. "Yeah, it's ty that my phone's battery went out when I was asleep." She groans, rolling her eyes. "Anyway Sora, yesterday when I got back to uni, I saw you with someone." Sora's friend wriggles her eyebrows teasingly at Sora. But Sora is just too focused on something else when she asks back, "why did you get back?" Sora asks. 

"I left my lipstick in the locker, wait, you don't answer my question Missy." She snaps her fingers in front of Sora. Sora smiles sheepishly at her. "It's Jongin, you know him, right? I told him I don't know him but he said that everyone know him. I'm too ignorant or I'm too stupid when you girls taking about him or anyone else." Sora says nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders. Yerim jaws dropped when she hears her answer. She takes a deep breath before preparing herself to give Sora basic knowledge to pay attention when people tell her stuff. "Sora sweety. Why are calling him Jongin Jongin, do you really don't know him?" She raises her brows, looking at her unbelievably. 

"I know him, his name is Kim Jongin and he's majoring in engineering, I guess, I took a peak at his laptop and his books. He only told me his department." Sora giggles dumbly, raising her hands and gives Yerim her V with her fingers. Yerim feels the need to pinch Sora's cheeks. She's really ignorant. "Let me tell you Sora, he's a senior and baseball's captain team. Yes, he's majoring in chemistry engineering and he's in his forth year. He's this university's pride. That's a very basic knowledge you should know about him." Yerim rolls her eyes, finished giving Sora her lecture. Yerim takes a peak at Sora who mouth agaping at whatever she has said to Sora. Yerim smirks, tapping Sora's nose just to mock her for being stupid. "OH MY GOD!" sora cups her own face with her hands, her eyes wide. Sora looks at Yerim still with the same look, surprised. "I called him Jongin Jongin informally yesterday. I should have asked him. Aaarrgghh I'm so stupid. my life." She cries, burrying her face in the table and makes fake cry sound. Yerim stifles laugh when she sees Sora look so adorably stupid like this. It's rare seeing Sora looks so helpless and stupid. It's amused Yerim, really. Yerim still stifles her laugh, taps Sora in her shoulder, "it's okay, there's still another day to apologize to him, right?" She assures her, her shoulder. Yerim guesses, Sora's mood would be moody after this and she's okay with it. She guess. 

***

Sora should feel happy because it's been 2 weeks since she last met Jongin. She can't bear to see him in the face after what happened two weeks ago. It's like wherever she go, she'd hear Jongin this Jongin that from her friends or people around her. She has told Kyungsoo about it and he laugh for a good fifteen minutes until he hurt his cheek bones and he shed tears. Sora, of course, hit Kyungsoo for laughing at her, but it didn't stop him for laughing at her face. It's rare to see Sora to make a mistake like that, so it amused him so much to witness Sora's miserable mistake. 

Sora walks to Kyungsoo department, because apparently he asked her to come by before he finished his asiignment in the lab. Sora refused at first, but Kyungsoo threatened her at how ungrateful Sora because Kyungsoo always come to her department when he has time. Sora shuts him up by promising him, she'll go to him after she rolled her eyes. Sora refused because if she has to go to Kyungsoo's department she has to walk past baseball field and her chance to meet Jongin is getting higher and she doesn't want that to happen. She doesn't want to meet Jongin yet. So, Sora speedwalk when she walks past baseball. When she walks beside baseball's field, she hears her name being called by none other than Jongin. her life, like what she had said. 

"Sora!" He calls her name. Sora stops, mentally scolding her mind why she stops when he calls her. She takes a deep breath before turning around to face Jongin. "Hi." She greets casually but awkwardly. She waves her hand at him, smiling awkwardly. "Hi. Why are you walking hurriedly? Is there something wrong?" There's a slight worry in his voice. She shakes her head and gives him reassuring smile. She really looks at Jongin's appearance now that he wears his baseball uniform and sweats glistening on his face. She tries not to squeal at him because Jongin looks so stunning and cool. 

"So you believe me now that I'm a baseball player?" Jongin raises his brows teasingly at her, tilting his lips sideway. Sora is so quick when she waves her hands at him, "oh no no. I never said you were lied to me though." She mumbles, pouting in the process. Jongin stares at her. He finds her look so adorable now, unlike just now when he thought that she avoid him. He chuckles and ruffles her hairs, unable to hold himself for touch her. She looks up at him and catch him staring at her intently, making her blush and looks down immediately. "You're cute." He comments. She shakes her head, pouting at him, "I'm not." She's quick to disagree. 

"Anyway..." She pauses, peaking at him and looks down again, "I-I want to say.... I really am s-sorry for calling you by your name, informally." She finally speaks. She doesn't dare to look up at him. She makes a note to keep look down. She breaks her note when she hears him laugh out loud at her confession, making her frown at him. 

"Gosh... " he takes breath before stop laughing. "So you've figured it out, huh?" He smirks. Sora stares at him and bobs her head almost immediately. "I'm sorry," Sora mumbles once again, in case he doesn't accept her first apology. Pouting at him, "I don't know you're my senior. I'm sorry." She tells him sincerely and apologetically. 

Jongin shakes his head and looks at Sora, "don't be sorry, it's okay. You can call me sunbae or Jongin or.... Oppa?" He gives her a teasing smile, earning a cute glare from her. She raises her, threatening to hit him. Jongin raises her brows, challenging her as he folds her arms in front of his chest. Sora retreats her hand and looks down again. Jongin ruffles her hair once again before comments, "you're a cute barbarian girl."

Sora pouts and glares at him while brushing her hair after Jongin messes her hair up, "you're lucky that you're not my friend and you're my senior, or else I'll beat you up." She mutters. There's a silent after that, making the situation a bit awkward for Sora's liking when it never occured to her and Jongin. Is she wrong talking him. She scolds herself about her being a big mouth when Jongin breaks the awkwardness that bring Sora's jaws dropped. 

"Then be my friend." 

------------

A/n: hello. First of all , I'm sorry for this ty update , I dont have enough time to write this and I haven't proofread. So I'm sorry if there're lot of mistakes *bows* and I will fix this maybe tomorrow or idk when. I'd like to say thank you so much for subscribing even before I post chapter 1 *cries* and I'm sorry if I've dissapoint you. I'll try to bring this story more exciting ,so do anticipate this story ^^

 

Anyway. I'll make this story 5-10 chapters, no more than 10 chapters I guess. 

Okay ,I'm blabbering too much so I should stop. 

 

P. S. I'm making this story when I have too much feel on Jongin. He's a sweetheart, I love him so much ㅠㅠ 

Happy reading. Xoxo 💕😘