Cookies & Milk

Cookies & Milk

 

I peered my eyes open for the 15th time into the darkness of the room. The sweet smell of summer rain flooding in through the open window. The cool, refreshing feeling rushed over all my bare skin. It was probably the only thing keeping me sane. Well, that and the warming touches of Ricky's hands around my shoulders. The 16th time, like every other, I saw Ricky's peaceful face sleeping a few centimeters away, though dim in the moonlight it was. 

 

He let out a soft groan as he shifted slightly closer, his arms giving my shoulders a light squeeze. My head, now resting on his chest, could feel the soft rise and fall of his gentle breathing. Taking a deep breath myself, my lungs filled with his scent. I let my arms slide further up his waist, the fabric of his shirt between my fingers riding up as well. It left behind a small patch of soft, milky white skin with which I could drag my index finger upon in small circles. 

 

One... 

 

Two... 

 

Three..

 

All of a sudden, he shifted again and took a deep breath before whispering my name, "Changjo ah?" 

 

"Mmm?" I mumbled against his shoulder, hiding my finger under my thumb. 

 

He slid his chest further down mine so he could peer into my eyes before he spoke, "What are you doing?" Despite the darkness of midnight which was over us, he still felt the need to search my face as he anticipated. 

 

"I can't sleep, hyung. I was bored. I'm sorry I woke you." I blushed a slight pink at the thought of my action and looked to the side shyly. He let out a small chuckle as he wove his fingers between mine and encouraged me to come along with a soft teasing smile on his lips. 

 

"I know what you need." He said as he led me up and out our bedroom door. I followed close behind him as we snuck past the other hyung's rooms and into the kitchen. He made for the fridge immediately, letting his fingers curl out from between mine. He made a second stop to the small cabinet next to it before he turned to return to me. I leaned my back against the island, pondering what he could have hid behind his back. With a small smile, he set a carton of ice cold milk and a box of cookies next to me.

 

"Surprise!" He cheered quietly, arousing a smile and a chuckle from my lips. I let out a silent cheer in my head. He knew so well how I loved Oreos. Getting two small glasses out, he took the liberty and poured us both some milk. 

 

"Do you want yours warm?" He asked.

 

"Yes, please" Taking both our glasses in hand, he went over and placed them carefully in the microwave. I heard a few quiet beeps before it began to run, emulating a calming orange-ish light into the darkened kitchen. 

 

Within a few seconds of silence, it beeped again and Ricky went back over to pick them up. I thanked him silently as he handed me my glass. It was slightly hot under my finger tips but still pleasurable as it warmed me up quickly. I held on with one hand and using the other, I picked up a cookie out of the package and held out the other side of it to him. He understood right away what I was hinting at and grabbed the other end, the tips of our fingers brushing against one another's releasing a small spark. 

 

He pulled on his side until the cream between his and mine tore, leaving sections on both our pieces. Ricky popped the whole side into his mouth followed by a quick gulp of milk. Me, on the other hand, took the time to the sweet, white cream off my piece before biting into it. The milk rushing down my throat to wash down the chocolate flavor. It quickly grew me sleepier as it warmed me up from the inside out.

 

In no time, our glasses began to run empty as we shared cookie after cookie. 

 

Once we had run out of milk and Oreos, we began to clean up. By then, I was ready to fall asleep on the counter but I pulled my head up and, curling one hand around the handle of the milk and the other on the empty package, I took them both back where they were before. The carton of milk was put back upon it's shelf in the fridge and the empty package of Oreos into the trash bin. Finishing before Ricky could rinse off our cups, I had the chance to sneak behind him and slip my arms around his waist. Resting my head on his shoulder, I closed my eyes and started to drift. 

 

"Are you sleepy yet, Changjo?" He whispered, a smile evident on his face as he spoke. I gave a small nod into the back of his neck as he finished up and released my hands so he could turn around. 

 

"Changjo ah, you have crumbs all over your mouth." He whispered after a quick chuckle. His thumb popped out of his sleeve to gently brush the crumbs off my lips. I watched his eyes follow the tip of his thumb as he did, a blush surfacing on both our faces. 

 

When he stopped, I yawned and whispered, "Hyung, bed time?" 

 

"We'll go right now." With another chuckle, he slid his hand around my waist and led me to our room again. 

 

He followed me as I slipped under the covers. Maneuvering my hands among the sheets, I finally got a hold of him and nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. 

 

"Good night, Changjo ah." He took my face lightly in his cupped hands and lifted my face slightly upwards. He softly touched his lips to mine before releasing me and allowing me to drift into dreamland, my body snuggled against his, a smile on my lips.