Jongin Remembers

(Chanbaek and Kaisoo) Scarlet

Jongin sat on his bed remembering.

Remembering Kyungsoo, the day that beautiful boy was dragged away from him.

All they ever wanted was to be happy. They were only kids, it didn't even have mean something....but if Jongin was here, crying over Kyungsoo, still just as much in love with him as he had been before, it meant something. But Kyungsoo had been literally pulled away from him, his family had moved to god knows where, andJongin hadn't seen him in years.

Two months after it happened, he was sent to the leper hospital.

Chanyeol had a doctor, Baekhyun, who believed that in time, he could cure Chanyeol of his disease. Chanyeol had come to Jongin in excitement, saying maybe Baekhyun would cure him, too.

Jongin had smiled sadly. 'Maybe he can, Chanyeol.'

He can't.

No one can.

Jongin knew, he KNEW, that he was going to die. He had long ago lost hope. His death would happen, one day he would be alive and the next day, he would fade into nothingness. The world would go on, Kyungsoo would remain obliviously happy. He would never know.

Even if he knew, he probably wouldn't care.

Jongin stared at the blank wall, thinking. He was here today. He might be gone tomorrow. What was even keeping him alive? 

Nothing, which was why he was so hopeless. 

He took a pen and wrote on the wall. 'Today, I'm here. If I'm gone tomorrow, don't miss me.'

He knew it wouldn't be that soon. The doctor said he had time left. Maybe enough to forget Kyungsoo.

No, that will never happen.