Neighbors

The boy next door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol smiles from his backyard towards the boy in the house next to theirs. The other boy rolls his eyes at little Chanyeol but he smiles back. Chanyeol wants to play with the boy upstairs, he gestures with his small hands for thr boy to come down and play with him. The boy nods and disappears from the window, Chanyeol waits patiently for the boy to come. Soon the back door opens, and the small comes out. Chanyeol thinks his eyes is so much prettier seen in the sun, Chanyeol smiles wider and steps toward the boy offering his little hand out, the boy took his hand timidly. "I am Chanyeol!" He chirp happily, tilting his head waiting for the boy's turn. "I am Kyungsoo." The small boy said softly. 

"We are friends from today onwards!" Small Chanyeol declares, almost dragging the small boy behind him to the swing set in his back yard. "Come on! I will push you!" He beams at the other gesturing wildly to the swing seat. Kyungsoo laughs, sitting on the seat just like Chanyeol told him to. Chanyeol skips behind him humming amd pushes Kyungsoo gently, the small boy laughs enjoying the feeling of the wind and the small amount of freedom from the gravity that always held him down. Chanyeol laughs along with the other before the door to his house open. His mother stood there with her smile, her eyes shining bright seeing her son made another friend.

"Chanyeol, I see you have another friend. How nice, your other friends are here now!" She tells him, he smiles and stops pushing on Kyungsoo when the smaller boy jumps off the swing with a proud smile on his face. Chanyeol claps taking Kyungsoo's hand leading towards his mother and the other boys. "Everyone meet Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol says to them, Kyungsoo waves shyly at them and bowing lightly. "He is cute!" One of the boy pipes up with a smile that Kyungsoo would describe as rectangular. "I'm Baekhyun! We will be great friends!" Kyungsoo smiles nodding at him. 

"Aren't you the boy who move in next door?" Chanyeol's mother ask, Kyungsoo nods shyly before smiling at her. Another boy pushes forward declaring "I am bored! Let's play!" He runs towards the swings another boy chasing after him "Sehun don't be like that!" The boy who went after Sehun calls out to him. Baekhyun taps on Kyungsoo's shoulders mischievously he sang "You are it!" Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol in question even without asking, the elder knew from the looks of his eyes. He giggles, running away with Baekhyun leaving behind a whining Kyungsoo who had been caught up in their little games.

Many days where passed like that, they played, counting the stars and the sheeps when Kyungsoo slept over at Chanyeol's house. They were almost an inseparable pair. They told each other their dreams, making promises for the future. Draw their own paths with their small fingers across the map. Without a care in the world they laugh, ignorance at its finest. It was almost questionable how Chanyeol and Kyungsoo got along so well. Kyungsoo's parents often told others that Kyungsoo was a very reserve child but with Chanyeol, he was someone different. He was able to enjoy the world, outside the little shell he lived in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter