Kitsune Meets the Angel

The Kitsune and the Angel

Jin has always lived a life of pleasure, ever since he was a baby. Anything he wanted was his. But all he wanted is to have something, someone to call his own. If he only knew the one he wanted, the one he loved, he could not have. As a child, Jin always had an interest in music. He could play any instrument he touched and he had the voice of an angel. So when he discovered that he could turn into a beautiful fox and go into a world not seen by most, he reveled in it. Being that he was always sick and unwell enough to go to school, he could spend hours in this world and not be bothered.

            But when he entered this world, he did not know he was being watched by a creature just as beautiful as Jin. The creature did not want to show itself for fear he might frighten the young boy off.

            Jin had never encountered a problem before in this world so when suddenly the sky turned red and flashes began; Jin was not sure on how to react. He just stood there until he found himself being picked up off the ground. He tries to look up but cannot due to the rain or some form of liquid pouring from the sky. Jin feels his feet touch something cold; he looks around noticing some type of palace. He turns around to see who was carrying him and see one of the most beautiful creatures he has ever seen. Large black wings, stretched out as far as they can go. A face as pale as snow. Jin looks at him somehow someway recognizing the creature.

            “What, what are you?” Jin asks.

            “What are you?” The creature asks.

            “I asked first.” Jin says.

            “True, but something tells me you don’t even know what you are. Do you?” The creature questions.

            “No, I do not.” Jin says.

            “You are a Kitsune. More importantly you are an Ongaku kitsune or a music kitsune.” The creature says. “As far as me, I am a guardian angel.”

            “An angel?” Jin asks. “Your wings are beautiful.”

            “Thank you. In this world they are out in the open, in other worlds they are hidden from others.”

            “You exist in other worlds?” Jin asks.

            “Of course. I am your families’ guardian angel which means I must stay by one of your family members’ sides.”

            “What can I call you?” Jin asks.

            “Call me?” The creature asks unsure of what he means by that.

            “A name. I can’t just call you Guardian Angel. Well your wings do form into a V, so I suppose I can call you V.”

            “V. I like it.” The creature says. “Right you should be getting back, it can be very dangerous around here during storms like these.”

            “But you haven’t told me anything about my powers.” Jin says. V just looks at the 12 year old boy; you could tell that the boy was kind but fierce.

            “I promise I will tell you all that I know. And whenever you want to see me you just have to close your eyes focus all your energy into music, sing a certain note, your eyes will change but your body will not. Then you will be able to see me, and hear me.” V tells the young boy. Jin nods. “Now off with you.”