Chapter 2

Follow Me

A year has passed and Jihoon is playing a thunderous song. His fingers are aching but his partner is about to die and so with a pluck of a string and a flick from his fingers, the monster falls next to Seungcheol.

Seungcheol falls to the ground with his sword still in his hand. Jihoon gathers the gayageum and rushes to his side. “Cheol!” he yells, falling to his knees next to Seungcheol. Both hands reach to Seungcheol’s face. “Are you alright?” he asks worriedly.

Seungcheol cups the hand on his face and smiles. “Thanks Hoonie.” he pants out. “You saved me just in time.” The hands remove from his face and a whole Jihoon tackles him with a hug.

“Thank heavens.” Jihoon breathes out. Times like this, when he’s nearly on the brink of death with nothing to fight back, Jihoon has always been there like his guardian angel, saving him in the nick of time. Times like this, are the ones he truly cherishes because Jihoon is always there for him.

Seungcheol hugs him back before turning to the monster beside him. He lets go of Jihoon and walks over to the monster.

“We still need it’s head.” Seungcheol bluntly says. Jihoon stands up and backs away so that the blood wouldn’t splatter on him. Seungcheol raises his sword and beheads the monster.

 

The villagers yell with praise as Seungcheol and Jihoon stand next to mayor, who was holding the monster’s head out for everyone to see. It may bring joy to everyone but Seungcheol and Jihoon are exhausted. All they want to do is sleep right now.

They excuse themselves from the celebration and retire in the room. After a year with each other, they have no problems staying in the same room, with or without separate beds.

Jihoon was about to remove his robes when he saw Seungcheol wincing in pain. “Come on, let me help you.” he says, carefully removing Seungcheol’s armour. Seungcheol chuckles.

“You’re always helping me even when I don’t ask for it. Thank you” he says, looking into Jihoon’s eyes. Jihoon softens at the sight of his partner. He always showered Jihoon with praises after Jihoon looks out for him.
“We’re partners. It’s what we-” “I’m going to stop you right there.” Seungcheol cuts him off before he can go on further.

“Jihoon, you’re more than a partner to me. You save my life way more times that I can count and you always put up with everything I do because I’m so used to being alone. You have no idea how grateful I feel whenever you’re around as if you’re my own guardian angel, sent by the heavens to be by my side and I don’t want to lose you. So please, don’t justify your actions on us being just partners because we’re more than that. I love you Jihoon.” Seungcheol confesses.

Jihoon wordlessly put the armour down and wraps his arms around Seungcheol. “I love you too Cheol.” he confesses “I’ll never leave you, I promise”

Seungcheol hugs Jihoon back and whispers “Sana ad plenissimam” and kisses the crown of Jihoon’s head. The spell heals them both as Seungcheol hums a tune while swaying Jihoon in his arms. Jihoon buries his face into Seungcheol’s neck and breathes deeply, feeling at ease that they’re both not dead.

“We should rest.” Jihoon mumbles. Seungcheol bends to nose Jihoon’s neck and kissing it softly. He hums “I kind of want to do something first.” He leaves a trail of kisses on the neck and jawline before Jihoon uses both hands to kiss Seungcheol on the lips.

Jihoon breaks the kiss and leads the dazed Seungcheol to bed. “Maybe later. I’m exhausted.” Seungcheol is a little down but smiles when Jihoon snuggles with him in bed.

It’s times like this when Seungcheol realises the fact that he had actually fallen in love with him and how Jihoon had fallen in love with him. But outsiders don’t need to know that. Seungcheol already knows he’s got the most valuable person in the world and not even a dragon can get in his way.

In fact, dragon be damned. Seungcheol will go on a million adventures with Jihoon, it’s so much more exciting, don’t you think?