Mates

Mates

Big, playful and with big ears. Always happy to meet new friends, that's me. My name is Chanyeol and I am very happy because today my master and I will go to his partner's house to hang out. My master’s name is Sehun, he is a very handsome young man with a great charisma. He works as a model and of course he is the best one. He is a person of impressive features, but also very kind and sometimes clumsy.

He always takes care of me a lot and spends as much time as he can with me. Today is his day off and we are going to see Suho. That is the name of his partner. My master will say that they are just friends, but I am a dog, I can sniff when two people are more than just friends. Also, the way they look when I see them together is very different from when Sehun spends time with his closest friends like Jongdae or Minseok. Which I know are also a couple, those two are so obvious.

When we arrived at Suho's house, a familiar scent comes to me but mixed with a very different one. One that I had never smelled before. The first was the smell of Suho's perfume, a very soft and sweet cologne, a smell that enchanted my nose and apparently my master's too because when they were facing each other Sehun pounced on him to hug him and give him a big kiss. It was fun to see them together. I was happy for my master. Suho was always very kind to me and brought me treats whenever he visited us. He was my favorite human after Sehun, of course.

That's when I saw it. Small, white and with huge eyes. It was Suho's pet, a cat. I know what you are going to say, problems are coming. But I've never really had problems with cats, despite being a dog. Minseok, one of Sehun's best friends, had a cat as a pet. A black cat named Kai, was a very quiet cat, but also funny. We have never fought, in fact, he along with Baekhyun, Jongdae's doggy. We are best friends, as well as my master and his friends.

So I made a choice and started to approach the small cat with huge eyes. He just watched me in the distance with a serious look. When I was close enough, I crouched down on the floor in a friendly manner waiting for him to react in some way. But he just kept watching me until, after I do not know how many seconds, he blinked a couple of times and just turned around and went ignoring me. It was a very strange reaction, but I figured maybe it was a bit shy, so I got up and started following him.

We went through the living room to the kitchen and then back to the room where his bed was and many stuffed toys. There was one that looked like a mouse. That one caught my attention and when I wanted to come close to smelling it, the cat snatched it from me and looked at me very seriously with those huge eyes. I was about to apologize when my master and his partner came into the room laughing very happy. Then they watched us as if they had just caught us committing some mischief.

"Channie," Suho called me as he got closer. "I see you've already met Kyungsoo. Maybe it was not what you two wvere expecting, a cat and a dog. But I know that both of you will going to get along. Right, Soo?" Then he turned to see his pet who relaxed his stance at the words of his master. Then he looked at me. He seemed resigned.

Then, Suho and Sehun went to the kitchen, leaving us alone again. Before I could turn around, I felt something bounce in my head and then fall to the floor. It was the mouse stuffed animal. Then I turned to see Soo and he was standing idly by with a murderous look.

"Listen to me well, dog. I will only tolerate you for the love of my master and Sehun, who surprises me with such bad taste in pets. But do not think about getting closer to me or my things, do not think we'll be friends. "

A few seconds passed and I could not stop watching him. I think he got impatient waiting for an answer because he narrowed his eyes and was about to throw me another stuffed animal when I interrupted him.

"You're very cute." I think it was not the answer he expected, because his two big eyes got even bigger and suddenly he pounced on me, though not to give me a hug.

He started to scratch me everywhere while I just tried to shake him off. You would think, you are a huge dog, you could crush him, but I am a noble animal and I would never hurt anyone. Specially him who was so small and adorable. He continued with his aggression when he started to bite my ears, that's when I howled and both our masters came running to get us apart.

The damage was not that much, I think it was more the surprise of his attack than the pain of the scratches and the bite. Suho was scolding Soo while holding him in his arms to calm him down, he still looked very agitated. On the other hand, Sehun was worried that I might get an infection from the bites and kept babbling words at me, but I was still very shocked due to the surprise.

At the end, both stayed with us in the room to watch over us. Soo had already calmed down and now he looked very sad, maybe it was because his master had scolded him a lot and even Sehun had done it. Instead, I was just lying down with my ears bandaged to keep from scratching. I could not stop watching Soo. It had not been his fault, I had told him something that bothered him, so I was the one who provoked everything, but he was scolded.

When the night finally arrived, Sehun and Suho decided that it was time to go to sleep, apparently they had decided to spend the night together. Before going up to the second floor to sleep, Sehun told me to go with them. I think he did not want me to be alone with Soo again. And the cat stayed in the living room to sleep in his bed.

After a few hours and when finally both humans had fallen asleep, I decided it would be better to go check Soo. He had been very sad all afternoon after the incident and did not want him to be left alone. When I went down, he was lying on the place where Suho had been sitting and not on his bed. Definitely he was sad. I went to the foot of the sofa just below where he was and I leaned on the floor. It was not as comfortable as in Suho's room, but at least that's how I felt calmer.

I did not realize when I fell asleep, but when I woke up I felt like huge waves of heat were flooding me and my vision was a bit blurry. I tried to get up, but my body felt heavy and the air around me was very cold. I tried to get up again to check on Soo, but before I could even lift my head, the white cat appeared in front of me.

"Do not move" he said very calmly sitting in front of me.

"Soo, are you okay?"

"I should ask you that ..." Then he lowered his head a bit, averting his gaze. "I'm very sorry for what I did to you. I do not like being called cute ... especially by a dog.” He said scornfully.

"Why you don’t like dogs?" I asked without hesitation and he seemed surprised by the question.

"It is not obvious? I am a cat. Dogs and cats do not get along.”

"I think you should invent a better excuse if you do not want to tell me the truth." It was obvious he did not want to tell me, but that excuse was a cliché.

"They say that dogs are man's best friends, that they are very noble and faithful animals. But that is not true ... when you least expect it, they move away and disappear forever.” His expression while saying that last part looked very hurt, as if something from his past was tormenting him.

"I'm not like that, Soo. I would never get away from you. You are a very c ... "I almost say it again.

"Cute cat ..." he finished. "He always told me the same thing ..."

Now everything was beginning to make more sense. It made me feel better to know that I was not his real annoyance and that he was talking to me, but it made me feel bad that such sad things happened to him. I had already forgotten that I felt sick until I tried to get up to get close to him and I just fell on the floor. I was feeling worse than before now that I was more conscious

"Chanyeol ... do you feel bad? Should I call our masters?" He started to walk away,I did not want him to leave. Not after he started talking to me.

"No!" He shuddered. "Do not leave ... stay with me." He just stared at me for a few seconds with those huge eyes and finally returned to his original position next to me. "Thank you."

"How do you feel?" He asked quietly.

"I feel the heavy... my body is very hot but I'm still feeling cold ..." then I felt something against my forehead. Soo had ducked his head to press his forehead against mine.

"Yes, you are very hot. You must be dehydrated, I will bring water," he turned around, but before going further he stopped and told me. “I'll be right back."

I thought it was a very nice gesture from him. As if assuring me that he would not leave me. After a few minutes, I heard something was dragged along the ground. It was when Soo appeared dragging his plate with water. He placed it right in front of me while pushing it with his nose.

"Do you think you can get up a little to drink water?" He asked, watching me closely. Then I made an effort and on my two front legs I leaned to get closer to drink a little. The water was very fresh and that made me feel a little better.

"Thanks, Soo."

After that, few hours past, in which we both did not say a word to each other. We only observed each other, breathing our essences. His aroma was as sweet as Suho's, but much better for my nose. Then I began to tremble, I still felt very cold.

"Chanyeol ..." Soo seemed to want to tell me something, but he only called me by my name and he did not say anything anymore. A few minutes later I felt another wave of heat. But this time my body was not producing it and it was a very pleasant one. When I realized, I saw Soo leaning against me. The heat I felt came from his body.

"What are you doing, Soo?"

"Taking away the cold... you're too big so I cannot cover everything... but I can give you a little warmth." He seemed embarrassed to say those words, but I felt more than happy. And with the few strength I had, I settled down to snuggle with him.

Again I did not realize when I fell asleep. But that night I had the best dream of all. It was me, in human form running through a huge field full of flowers, the fresh air hit me in the face and the sun shone beautiful among some clouds over the blue sky. Then I heard a voice shouting at me in the distance. Under a huge tree with a bright green foliage, someone was waiting for me with a picnic. I started running fast to reach the place and when I arrived, the person waiting for me was Soo. He was also in his human form, a small boy with black hair and pale complexion with enormous eyes. He was waiting for me with a huge smile ready to start eating.

"You arrived on time, Chanyeol." Then I sat next to him and he hugged me fondly while he kissed me on the cheek. "I'm happy to have you by my side."

At that moment, I had the strangest and most pleasant feeling I could have. I felt dazed but happy to hear those words. I just watched him for a few seconds and smiled at the end. I approached his face while holding him with a hand on the cheek and planted a chaste kiss on his thick lips.

Then I woke up.

When I opened my eyes, I no longer saw blur and I did not feel heavy. But if I felt a weight on me, one not very heavy. On my back was Soo. He looked very calm and comfortable, I decided it was better not to move and let him sleep a little more. Our masters were still asleep despite the light beginning to reflect through the window.

I remembered Soo's words, "do not think we'll be friends". I think I cannot think of being his friend anymore ... but something else, like Sehun and Suho, like Jongdae and Minseok, like Baekhyun and Kai. Yes I forgot to tell you that Baekhyun (dog) and Kai (cat) are a couple as their masters. Maybe Soo and I can be mates one day. But for the moment, I'm very happy to at least have started talking.