right where you left me

Love Scenario
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo's heart pounded in her chest as she stared at the television screen, her eyes fixated on the headline flashing before her. It confirmed what she had just discovered—the talented writer Jo Jaeyeol was none other than Jo Insung.

 

As the news continued, her eyes fell upon the tickets nestled inside the book. They were for the book concert entitled "Love Scenario," scheduled for tomorrow. It was as if fate had placed this opportunity before her, a chance to see Insung again after all these years.

 

Determined yet conflicted, Jihyo stayed up all night, her mind racing with memories and unanswered questions. The weight of her decision hung heavily upon her, but she knew deep down that she couldn't let this opportunity slip away.

 

The next morning, with a mix of nerves and excitement, Jihyo called Yejin. They agreed to meet at a cozy coffee shop before heading to the book concert venue together.

 

When they met, Yejin sensed Jihyo's emotions and offered a reassuring smile. "Are you sure you're ready for this, unnie?"

 

Jihyo nodded, her voice filled with determination. "Thank you, Yejin-ah. I really needed someone to accompany me here."

 

With renewed strength, Jihyo and Yejin made their way to the book concert venue. Excitement buzzed in the air as fans gathered, eagerly awaiting the appearance of Jo Jaeyeol. Jihyo's heart raced with a mix of anticipation and anxiety.

 

As they entered the venue, Jihyo's eyes searched the crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of him. The room was filled with anticipation and whispers of admiration for the talented writer.

 

Taking her seat, Jihyo clutched the book tightly in her hands, feeling a sense of connection with Insung's words. The lights dimmed, and the atmosphere became charged with anticipation.

 

"Good day, everyone!" The host greeted the audience. "And to the fans who are also here with us virtually. I hope you're doing well and welcome to Love Scenario: Creating A Memory That Can't Be Erased! Without further ado, let me introduce the man who made this possible! He was the winner of the Man Booker Prize and was chosen as this year's best-selling author by The New York Times. His novels sold 5.93 million copies. He is Jo Insung, the writer of 'Girlfriend'. Please welcome him!"

 

And then, a figure stepped onto the stage, and Jihyo's breath caught in . It was Insung, looking both familiar and different, carrying an aura of quiet strength.

 

As the host opened the floor to questions from the audience, a hush fell over the crowd as a member of the audience stood up, their voice carrying a mixture of nervousness and curiosity.

 

"Jo Insung-ssi, I've been deeply moved by your stories of love and relationships. What inspires you to write such heartfelt tales?"

 

Insung's gaze softened as he considered the question, his eyes briefly meeting Jihyo's in the crowd. "Love, in all its forms, has always been a powerful muse for me. It's the joy, the pain, and the endless possibilities that ignite my creativity."

 

Jihyo listened intently, his words resonating with her soul. Each sentence unveiled layers of emotions and revealed a part of their shared history. It was as if he was speaking directly to her, baring his heart on that stage.

 

Another question followed, "Then, do you believe in second chances in love?"

 

Insung's expression held a subtle longing as he replied, "Life is filled with unexpected turns, and sometimes, we're given a chance to rewrite our stories. Second chances can be transformative, allowing us to uncover deeper layers of ourselves and discover the true meaning of love."

 

The audience hung on Insung's every word, unknowingly intertwined with the emotions he poured into his responses. Jihyo's heart swelled with a mix of emotions, realizing that every answer he gave was an indirect reflection of their past and the unspoken questions that lingered between them.

 

"I'm leaving."

 

"Ne? But it's not yet finished-" Yejin caught her wrist and stopped her from going, but Jihyo carefully removed it.

 

Then she wore her "disguise" and stood up. "You should just enjoy, Yejin." She said before walking away from their seat.

 

After going out of the venue and minutes of strolling around the streets of Mapo-gu, Jihyo saw a "pojangmacha" or a tent bar. "A bottle of soju won't be that bad." She said to herself.

 

"Good evening, ahjumma." Jihyo greeted the owner of the tent. "Can I have tteokbokki and a bottle of soju, please? Thank you." The lady nodded with a smile. She probably recognized me. Jihyo thought.

 

On the other hand, Insung stood on the stage, the spotlight illuminating his figure as he held the microphone in his hand. The crowd in the concert hall cheered and applauded, their adoration filling the air. He glanced towards the back of the room, where Jihyo had been sitting just moments ago, but she was no longer there.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter