midnight rain

Love Scenario
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

 

The air was charged with anticipation when Song Jihyo, a prominent and well-known actress, arrived at the airport. Following her foreign fan concert, she was surrounded by a swarm of media reporters eager to obtain the most recent information about her. Cameras and microphones flashed in her way, capturing her every move.

 

"Song Jihyo-ssi, can you tell us about your recent overseas fan meeting?" one reporter shouted over the chaos.

 

Jihyo smiled and replied, "It was an incredible experience. I'm always grateful for the love and support of my fans from all around the world."

 

As she walked toward the exit, the enthusiasm and energy of her supporters lingered in her mind. Her cheerful demeanor quickly became overshadowed by the legal battle she was now fighting with her previous company.

 

"Jihyo, can you comment on the ongoing legal dispute?" another reporter shouted.

 

Jihyo maintained her composure and replied, "I'm afraid I cannot discuss that matter at the moment. My legal team is handling it, and we'll see how things progress."

 

Another reporter jumped in, "We heard rumors that you received the script for the film 'Love Scenario.' Can you confirm if you're going to be a part of it?"

 

Jihyo smiled, trying to keep the suspense alive. "Only time will tell," she said, leaving the reporters intrigued and buzzing with anticipation.

 

Meanwhile, Jo Insung, an accomplished writer and filmmaker, was watching Jihyo's interview on television in his little apartment. His eyes were fixed on the television, and he felt a mixture of nostalgia and regret welling up within him. Her genuine smile made him go back to seven years ago when he and Jihyo were a couple deeply in love.
 

Jihyo and Insung's hearts were interwoven, and nothing appeared to be able to separate them. They shared laughs, hopes, and cherished moments that solidified their relationship.

 

However, misunderstandings crept in over time, causing cracks in their once-perfect relationship. Jihyo's eagerness to make her acting career more successful occupied her mind, leaving little room for anything else. Meanwhile, Insung's desire for a stable life and a future together intensified.

 

"What was that about? Why were you talking to them?" Jihyo said, her voice tinged with envy. "Are they more important than me?"

 

Insung's eyes glowed with rage, his own feelings bubbling under the surface. "Really, Seongim? Did you honestly believe they were more important than you? Shouldn't I be the one to feel that, knowing that your coworkers get to be so close to you while I can only watch from afar? Can't you not see that it's so frustrating that I can't even openly say you're mine!"

 

Jihyo remained silent, her heart aching with the weight of their escalating argument. The room became tense as they both realized the things they couldn't take back had been spoken. As he witnessed the pain in Jihyo's eyes, Insung's rage faded and was replaced with guilt.

 

Recognizing the mistake he had made, Insung took a step forward and embraced Jihyo tightly, his words full with sadness. "I'm sorry, Seongim. I didn't mean to yell at you. I let my anger get the best of me. You know you're the most important person in my life. I also just... I want everyone to know that."

 

Jihyo's tears dampened Insung's shoulder as she clung to him, seeking comfort and forgiveness. They stood there, their embrace was a bittersweet reminder of the love they owned and a love they were both desperately fighting to hold onto.

 

Insung continued to support Jihyo's acting career for the following five years, putting aside his own goals to settle down with her. He became her rock, her constant source of strength, even when the road became difficult. Insung gave up his own dreams to allow Jihyo to pursue hers, all the while wishing for a future in which they could be together without barriers. 

 

Finally, Insung had the confidence to ask her the question he's been longing to ask one night. The rain fell persistently, soaking the city streets and casting a melancholic atmosphere. Jihyo and Insung stood beneath a flickering streetlight, their faces etched with the weight of their emotions. Insung's hands trembled, clutching a small velvet box containing an engagement ring.

 

He took a deep breath, gathering all of his remaining courage. "Seongim, we've been through a lot together, you're the love of my life, and I can't see myself without you. Will you marry me?"

 

Jihyo's eyes widened, reflecting a mixt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter