Chapter 1

Summer Nights

“ Eunji, stop being such a boring person. you need to come to the party.” said my brother, Chanyeol, trying to convince me to attend his annual summer party.

Every year my big brother Chanyeol and his roommates throw a party to celebrate the end of the spring semester. My brother and his 8 roommates are the stars of the university we attend. Not only do they have ravishing looks, but they are also very intelligent. This makes the other students, and faculty as well, adore them. They have been living together for a year now, but have known each other since high school. After being friends for so many years, they're almost inseparable.

“I don’t know Channy. I have to work and study for finals. I don’t think It’s a good idea if I go” I hesitated. Unlike my brother, I am not a party person. I don't like being around many people, especially people I don't really know. l rather stay at home, watching tv or sleeping. The party scene is just not for me.

“You are the most boring person I have ever met. I don’t care what you say, you’re coming to the party and there’s nothing you can do about it. Mmmm k? Bye!” Before I could say argue, the line went dead.

I let out a loud sigh and got out of my car. I just got out of class and I am just getting home. I live in an apartment with my two roommates, Yoona and Lia. Lia is an exchange student from South America. When she arrived in Korea she could barely speak the language, but now she’s even better than me at it.

When I walked into the apartment, Lia walked out of her room and greeted me. “Hey! How was class?” she asked. 

I let out a long sigh “Boring. I don’t even know why I choose that class as an elective. It’s the most boring class ever.” I said as I made my way into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.  

Lia let out a chuckle “At least you’re almost done with it. Three more days and it's officially summer! I’m so glad we’re not taking summer classes. A little break is going to be great.”

“You are damn right. This summer, we’re going to party until we drop” said Hyojong, walking out of her room. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of water I had from my hand. She gave me a big smile before drinking the rest of the water.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed myself another bottle of water “Any party in mind?” I asked. I know she has been waiting for my brother's party for months. It is one of the events that she really looks forward to. 

Hyojong, or how we usually call her, Hyolyn, looked at me in disbelief “What type of question is that? You know damn well there’s a party in mind! Your brother’s party!” She said jumping up and down. “I still don’t know what I am going to wear, though. I have so little time to choose! I have to look great for Kai”

Hyolyn has been obsessed with one of my brother’s roommate, Kai, for almost a year. Since I introduced her to him, she hasn't stopped chasing him. On the other hand, Kai has no interest in her. He goes around from woman to woman, and there is no sign of him stopping.

“In this year’s party, I'll make the move that will make him fall for me. I promise you that” 

~.~

 

There’s only a day left for the party, and I still have no intentions of going. Chanyeol and the boys have been calling every day to try to convince me to go, but I'm not budging. I’m too tired to go. As I’m about to sit down to watch Netflix, I heard the doorbell ring.

“That’s weird. I’m not expecting anybody” I said to myself as I get up and walk towards the door.

I opened the door and saw none other than my brother and his roomates. “Eunji! So glad you’re here. Come in boys!” said Chanyeol, pushing me aside before him and the boys walk in.

“Apartment as clean as always.” said Kyungsoo as he sat down on the couch.

“Why do you only have two couches? You know we always come to visit! You should buy more” said Xiumin as he sat on the floor.

“He’s right. That is just rude and selfish of you” said Lay coming out of the kitchen with the pack of strawberries I bought for myself yesterday.

“Then stop coming here! All you guys do is complain” I said getting angry. If they want more couches then they should buy them themselves.

“We can’t stop coming here, Eunji. We have to visit our favorite girl!” said Sehun batting his eyelashes.

My cheeks redden at the sudden compliment “Yah.. you’re only saying that because I got you a date with Jessica” I said. He has been bugging me to help him with her for a month now. I just agreed because he said he will get me tickets for Big Bang concert.

Before I could say anything else, Kai stands up from the couch and walks towards me. He places his hands on my shoulders “We came here today to ask you something very important”

I look around the room, trying to figure out whats going on. I notice all the boys looking at me with wide smiles on their lips. I don’t like this. Last time this happened, I ended up skydiving.

“What do you guys want?” I said suspiciously, not sure of what they want.

“This summer, Suho’s parents rented a big house by the beach for our good grades. We were all going since its the summer before we graduate and we just wanted to ask you if you want to come with us?” said Kai, a hopeful smile on his lips.

A whole summer, with all these boys alone? I don’t think so! “You are just inviting me so I could cook and clean. I know you're intentions” I said, pointing an accusing finger at them.

They all looked at me in shocked “How dare you think like that?” said Chen, placing his hand over his heart “by hearing those words, my heart hurts Eunji. How could you?”

I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my waist “But you know its true!: I said, not giving up “or what else would I do there?”

Baekhyun sat up form the couch “Party with us! Drink, go out! Have fun, get some romance”. My cheeks blushed at the mention of romance. I quickly look away from Baekhyun, catching sight of Chanyeol as I do so.

He gives me a knowing smile while wiggling his eyebrows. This bastard. He knows I've been in love with baekhyun since the moment I met him. He's the sweetest and kindest person I have met in a long time. I just couldn’t help falling for him.

“Plus, you won’t be alone! You can bring the girls and I’ll bring Taeyeon! It can be a girl's trip.”

My heart dropped at the mention of her name. She’s the girl that stole Baekhyun’s heart. She's beautiful, angelic and has a gorgeous smile. They have just been together for a couple of months but they are becoming serious so quickly. Seeing them together, kissing and hugging,  always makes me want to cry. I don't think I'll be able to handle it. 

Before I could answer, the front door opened and Hyolyn and Lia came in. Once Hyolyn saw the boys, her eyes lit up. “What are you guys doing here?!” She asked, walking towards the living room and greeting the boys

“Well, we’re trying to convince Eunji to come with us to a beach house this summer. We are all going to go, including you guys if you want, but Eunji said she doesn't want to come with us!” said Kai with a pout.

This bastard.

He knows the power he has over Hyolyn and he always uses it for his own gains. Now she’ll do everything in her power to make me go, even if that means hitting me.

Hyolyn walked towards me and gave me a wide smile “Oh, don’t worry guys!” she looked away from me and towards the boys “ She’ll go. I’ll make sure of that”

me.