Love at First Text

Love Bug

     "Make it quick," Lorenzo said as he answered Carla's phone call. "I'm about to head into my Anatomy and Physiology lecture."

     "Enzo, I just saw the cutest guy at school today," Carla shared excitedly as she was walking to her dorm after finishing her last lecture for the day. She found that this was the perfect time to make phone calls as her dorm was a good distance away from the computer science building, and she walks at a snail's pace. 

     "That's funny, I don't remember being at Stanford today," Lorenzo teased. 

     "His name is Baekhyun and he's an exchange student from Korea!"

     "That's cool. How'd you meet this Brian guy?"

     "Baekhyun. He was looking for the computer science lab so I showed him where it was, and he asked for my number afterwards," she added excitedly. 

     "Wow, he practically proposed to you." Carla could almost see Lorenzo rolling his eyes. "Is Blake a computer science major too?"

     "I don't know actually, he just said he was taking English and computer science classes. I offered to help him out with computer science homework, even though I can't even understand code. I'm about to go on GitHub so I can copy, er, I mean refer extensively off of this code that's already online for my operating systems homework."

     "If you really think Bradley is that attractive, you should text him. Ask to get lunch together or something."

     "His name is Baekhyun," Carla repeated. "And don't you know girls never text first? I passed on this important piece of wisdom to Valerie when I made her a Tinder account."

     "Your friends are so lucky so have such an intelligent companion. I have to go, class is starting soon. I hope it works out with Barry. Keep me posted."

---

     "I give up," Nikita cried, shoving her old laptop away. "I can't figure out this damn Android project!" She ran her fingers through her hair. Carla noticed that her hair was oily again, and made another mental note to recommend some good quality shampoo to her later.

     "Me too," Valerie said with a heavy sigh. "This professor's assignments are getting so difficult. I hate him."

     "Hey!" Carla said, sounding mockingly offended. "Don't talk about my movie star John." 

     "For the last time," Valerie said, rolling her eyes, "stop calling him John!"

     Carla was about to retaliate when she felt her thigh buzz. Then she realized her thigh wasn't buzzing, her phone was. Thinking it was another meme from her friend Justice, she almost dropped her phone in shock when she saw that it was from Baekhyun. "He sent me a text," she exclaimed loudly to her friends. "Baekhyun!"

     Valerie and Nikita looked at her with wide eyes. "What did he say?"

     Carla opened her phone, read the message, and groaned. "He wants me to help him out with his C++ homework."

     "Do you even remember how to do C++?" Nikita asked, her oily hair.

     "No!" Carla responded, staring at her message. "Why else do you think I ghosted that one dude who asked me for help with his C++ homework on Snapchat?"

     "Just go anyway," Valerie suggested. "It might just be a simple question, and you can help him out with the fundamentals."

     Carla pondered this idea for a while. Valerie was both a good friend and a bad friend. She encouraged Carla's impulsive behavior, but she had the best of intentions. "I think I'll go," Carla said after a while. "Besides, it's not like I'm that into him or anything. Nothing's going to happen anyway."

---

     Carla walked into the lab five minutes late. Not because there was traffic, or that she got lost. Like it was mentioned before, she has the amazing capability of taking twice as long to get somewhere than a normal person. The lab was empty, as it usually was at the beginning of the semester. Baekhyun was the only one crazy enough to start on his homework the day it was assigned. "Him and I are so different," Carla muttered to herself.

She spotted him at the same time he spotted her. UGH HE LOOKS SO PERFECT DAJSKLDJASL, she discretely tweeted. Carla always made it her priority to keep her loyal Twitter fans updated on her exhilarating life. I SWEAR HE ALREADY MAKES ME THE HAPPIEST GIRL ALIVE. She quickly put her phone away after sending that tweet, and waved hello to him.

     "You look good today," Baekhyun complimented with a grin. "I mean, not that you didn't look good yesterday, I mean that you look extra good today. You get what I mean right?" There he was, rambling again. 

     "Thanks," Carla replied with a wide grin. She had started getting nervous about an hour again, and resolved to try and help him solve his program as quickly as possible so that she could leave soon. They didn't call her a weanie for nothing! "Let's get started on your project. What do you need help with?"

     "Actually," Baekhyun said, scratching his ear. "I don't really need help...I completed the project already."