Chapter 2

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Warning- mentions of ual harrasment}

 

Jae Eun made her way home thinking about that guy. Why had he suddenly asked her to hang out? Something was strange about him.

The last time a guy had been so nice to Jae Eun it hadn't turned out so well. Well, any interaction with a guy never turned out well for her.

In middle school, she uses to help out in the library and would often go to classes to ask students if they had books to return. Once a guy brought a book to her when she scanned it, she realized it was overdue so he had to accompany her to the library so he could pay the due. Well, he was friendly and they talked for a bit after she didn't see him until one day a friend of hers had asked if she knew that guy.

Jae Eun confused asked who she referred to. Her friend explained to her that there was this guy who was always around them. Her friend pointed behind them and there stood the guy from last time. She didn't think too much of it and explained that they had talked once. Her friends didn't question her anymore. It turned out though that the guy had been following her for months. He claimed to be in love with her when she questioned him about why he was following her around.

She politely told him that she wasn't interested, she didn't even know him.  He said he understood but continued to follow her around, one day he followed her after school, Jae Eun use to walk home, she became scared, he had never followed her home. He didn't follow her all the way, he left after a while. Jae Eun wasn't about to let something bad happen before she took action so the next day she went to the director's office and expressed her worries. He was brought in and again he claimed he did it because he liked Jae Eun and they simply told him not to do it anymore because it was making me uncomfortable and with that, they let him go and told her to come again if the event repeated and well, they did. He kept following her that day when she started taking her book collecting round for the day, he appeared. 

"Hey." He said.

Jae Eun simply nodded.

"Was I making you uncomfortable?" He asked with confusion on his face.

"Yes, you were. Being followed isn't something someone would like." He nodded. 

"You should have told me sooner, I might have stopped." 

"Might? Following someone isn't something you should be doing in the first place, I don't know who told you it was ok." Jae Eun grabbed the cart and began walking away.

"But I like you." He walked after her.

"That doesn't make it ok to follow someone. Please stop following me, I don't want anything to do with you." Jae Eun continued walking. 

He ran after her and grabbed her arm. 

"I don't care if you don't like me, I like you and that's all that matters." She struggled to get her arm free.

"Let me go, this won't change anything, I don't like you and if you keep acting like this, it just makes me like you even less."

"I don't care what you think. I want you to be my girlfriend so that's what you are." He pulled her close to her and tried to kiss her. She pushed against him but he was way bigger than her and her attempts didn't do much. 

She reached and grabbed one of the books and hit him in the head. He let her go and she quickly made her way to the director's office. luckily they were on the same floor. She rushed in and explained what had happened. The director quickly called school security to find the boy.

He was hiding in one of the restrooms. He was brought to the director's office and he was expelled. They apologized to her for not taking serious measures sooner. That was just one of the accounts of Jae Eun's multiple assaults, I guess you can call them that. 

The next year one of her friends started to like her, she liked him too. They never officially dated but they had a thing. He soon showed his bad side. He was very ill-tempered, he always had to be right and had to prove everyone wrong. He thought so little of Jae Eun because well, she was a girl. He expected her to do everything he wanted and to talk to no one but him. She hated that behavior and way of thinking, they were never officially dating and she let him know what he wasn't going to boss her around because they weren't even together. He didn't take that very well and slapped Jae Eun.

She was in shook, no one had ever hit her before, she proceeded to hit him back and told him all sort of thing before leaving. Weeks later he apologized to her claiming he didn't know what had gotten into him and begged for a second chance. She simply told him she wasn't interested and didn't even want to continue to be friends with him. He luckily didn't push it any further and they never spoke again. That was how her middle school experience. Finally, she was in high school and things were going to get better, everyone was excited about high school, it was a fresh start. But of course this was Jae Eun and nothing really ever went her way.

Her first year she was able to make some friends, she was happy to be able to talk to new people. The first months were perfect until one day a guy in the back of the class that had never shown interest in her had suddenly noticed her. She would see him often throughout the day but they weren't friends so they wouldn't speak to each other, he was a year older than her and the older kids were rarely interested in making friends with the newbies.  She had the guy for the last class of the day and she sat towards the back with her friend, he was just a seat behind her. One day, she heard someone making noises, like when someone is trying to catch your attention, he began to whistle too. She didn't turn around because she never expected it was her he was trying to talk to, they had never interacted before.

The whistling stopped and the guy stood and walked over to her desk.

"Hey, I'm trying to get your attention." 

"Mine, I heard but I didn't think you were talking to me." The guy smiled at her.

"I think you're cute." He told her and of course, being a girl hearing that made me a bit sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter