Chapter 1

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jae Eun took a bite out of her sandwich. She was so freaking tired of eating sandwiches but she had no other choice. She took a sip from her juice box. She didn't have time to make herself a proper lunch or friends to buy her a meal so sadly she had to stick to her sandwiches. Jae Eun was used to not having friends she had been friendless since her junior year of high school when her parents decided they wanted to move cities. She was forced to change school. She hated the idea of moving school not because she would miss her friends but because she was scared of the idea of change. In her other school, she didn't have many friends, she didn't even know if she could consider them friends they were more like acquaintances. There were only two people she was actually close to but after she moved they quickly forgot about her. She made herself feel better by telling herself that she would have a chance to start new and make friends but that didn't happen.

The first few days people talked to her and they seemed nice but then they never talked to her no one talked to her again. The thing she hated most about school was lunch time, weird right, everyone loved going to lunch but her. She went to lunch every other day, Jae Eun had an early release so some days were shorter than others, she spent the whole lunch period in the restroom instead of the cafeteria. Since she had no friends she had no one to sit with and instead of sitting alone and being embarrassed she decided it would be better to hide. This went on for two years until she graduated. Finally, college would come and things would get better. 

She attended college to study graphics design, it was the only thing that interested her and that her parents allowed her to study. Her true passion was writing, she wanted to be either a book writer or a screenplay writer but that dream was crushed. She had chosen the college she was at because the class size was small and she had a chance at making friends since there wants much to choose from in the class but to her surprise, they made friends with everyone in the class but her. Did she have an unfriendly face? Did she dress badly? Did she smell bad? She tried to find every single thing that was bad about her and fixed it but still, no one looked her direction, well except for the people who sat at her table. They only sat there because there wasn't enough space at the other table for all of them. After a year of trying Jae Eun finally gave up and accepted her fate. 

She crumbled her trash into a ball and stood from the bench. She walked over to the closest trash can, she took the last sips of her juice box and threw her trash away.  Hurridly, she made her way back to class. They were currently learning how to transfer their drawn art into graphics. She stared at her drawing, it was terrible she didn't remember half of the things she drew and she couldn't figure out what they were. That looked like a horse. She blended a horse into her image. This image would be very strange. The professor walked over to her. 

"Jae Eun how are things coming along?" He leaned close to her and stared at her screen. "Your work is very...abstract." She too looked at her work again. 

"To be honest professor, I have no idea what I drew and this is what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter