[2] Dangerous Runaway

Bound By Red Strings of Fate (Daniel x Seongwoo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dangerous Runaway

Seongwoo's wrists ached, he looked down at the magical contraption which glowed every so often. It ached - excruciatingly - and he was getting tired of it. His wrists started to bruise and left a few blue-purplish marks on his pale skin. Although the contraption was as light as a feather, it threatened to hurt Seongwoo whenever he refused to follow orders. 

From who, exactly? Well, his abusive grandparents. They sent him threats, death threats and that was how he ended up trapped in the isolated and cold room of the Ong mansion. Even though the mansion was attractive, with its endless pools and outstanding facilities, Seongwoo was only ever able to use the bathroom and the current room which he was hitting his head on the walls with. 

Seongwoo can't remember the last time he saw someone besides the servants and maids. He can't remember the last time he heard his own voice. He can't remember the last time he felt warmth, comforted - loved. He can't remember the last time he smiled. Seongwoo slid down one of the white-coloured walls, eyeing the contraption miserably. Even after three years he could not stand being so trapped and confined in the room.

His image was so different compared to last time. His once shining, smooth skin was painted with bruises and slaps from his grandfather. The bright, youthful eyes were now a dull, coldless brown. The adorable shining smile was now only his lips clamped shut. Seongwoo desperately wanted out, from heir to the Ong clan. 

The Ong clan was ruthless, ruled nearly lands everywhere of the Magic Realm. And Seongwoo was tasked with taking over as leader, confined to the room to study and 'protected' from enemy clans. He stared at the white wall in front of him, back against the wall and legs sprawled half-heartedly. 

"S-seongwoo-nim, y-your food."

Seongwoo snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the familiar voice - that was rare. He shifted his head to the left and saw the strands of burgundy red hair - it really is him! Not able to talk, he hurriedly scrambled up from his spot and grabbed onto the shorter's forearm, flinching by the contact.

"S-seongwoo, you know we shouldn't be talking. Your grandfather-"

Seongwoo gripped onto the shorter's forearm tighter. His eyes showing clear desperation - looking like a kicked puppy. 

"F-fine, what is it? Water, drink it you idiot. I haven't heard your voice in months."

Seongwoo shut the door behind him, his friend nudged to the glass of water which stood on the tray, gulping it down thirstily. Wiping his lips afterwards, he turned around to face his friend who was sitting rather uncomfortably on his bed. Shifting slighty on the neatly-made bed and playing with his fingers. 

"Escape, please." Is all Seongwoo was able to say in a dry, raspy voice, it came out almost like a whisper but was audible for the other man. He looked at Seongwoo sympathetically. He knew what Seongwoo was going through and was nearly killed after offering to keep him company - that was the last time he ever saw Seongwoo smile again. 

The shorter's jaws were clenched tightly, wincing at how desperate he seemed even at that small whisper of two words. Seongwoo was now sitting beside him and looking at him intently, a little flicker of hope behind his eyes. He could not resist Seongwoo, even if trying to run a way would cause their lives. 

Seongwoo could see the dilemma in the shorter's eyes, and decided to try and convince him. He glanced at the shorter who was clad in a long sleeved blouse, pulling up the sleeves, he saw his pale skin decorated with cuts and bruises - most likely from his grandfather's beatings. He placed his right thumb and brushed the bruises and cuts gently, the shorter almost yelping in pain. "P-please.."

The shorter sighed exasperatedly, finally looking up into Seongwoo's eyes and nodded. He saw Seongwoo's eyes flicker slightly once more, before turning back into a dull coldness. "And.. i'm guessing you were planning at least something, right?" When he looked at Seongwoo's nervous expression, he sighed again once more.

Seongwoo had a feeling. A chance, an opportunity - something. Like when people shiver before it rains, or knowing when something bad or terrible would happen. Seongwoo had a strong feeling about something but it frustrated him when he didn't know what. He was completely trusting that instinct when his only friend, Sungwoon, after months, had a chance to meet him. 

And thats when it happened.

They sat on the bed in a comfortable silence, waiting for something to happen - anything. Seongwoo fluttered his eyes close for a second before feeling water on his eyelids. Snapping them open, he reached his hand out and felt... water droplets? Looking up at the ceiling, there was nothing at all and he could see the same surprised face on Sungwoon.

Seongwoo glanced at his wrists, eyes widening. 

"Seongwoo? What is this?"

"Hyu-"

"Is this your grandfather's doing?"

"Sung-"

"What is rain doing inside an enclosed man-"

"SUNGWOON-HYUNG!"

Sungwoon spun around when he heard the sudden shout and Seongwoo nudged at his wrists. The handcuffs were.. gone? Without hesitation, Seongwoo yanked Sungwoon by the arm and was about to climb out the window which showed the endless forest over when Sungwoon stopped him. 

"If we're planning to escape, we need money. And i'm guessing.."

Seongwoo glanced at his free hands and turned his wrists and cracked his neck. Mustering up his energy, he closed his eyes shut and a black form of energy zoomed out of his palm and surrounded the two men, engulfing them in the black smoke. "Seriously, Seongwoo.. servants?"

"I mean, better than anything."

Seongwoo and Sungwoon were completely different people after the black smoke had disappeared. Different faces, voices, bodies. Sungwoon looked out from the door after opening it with a quiet creak, checking the hallways before closing the door gingerly. "Clear, we need a quick plan, no servants or maids are scheduled to see you until afternoon, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter