[1] Nightmare Occurences

Bound By Red Strings of Fate (Daniel x Seongwoo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nightmare Occurences

"Did you actually think you were worth it?"

"I never loved you, Daniel."

"You know you're pathetic, right?" 

The voices came in harsh whispers, darting left and right and leaving Daniel lost in the dark.

"N-no, stop, please! Get out of my head! NO!" 

"Get over the fact that I never loved you, Daniel." 

"P-please s-" Daniel choked on his sobs, hearing the person he loved whispering it in his ears. Venom lacing its words, and nevertheless, leaving Daniel miserable. No matter how much Daniel knew this was a dream, he could not help but sob quietly hearing the honey-dripped voice spill hatred at him.

”N-no! Please.. PLEASE!” 

Daniel’s body was forcefully woken up by someone shaking his body. He fluttered his eyes open and touched his forehead briefly — damp. Cursing under his breath, he apologised to his room mate, Jisung, and jogged to the bathroom half asleep. 

He rummaged through the bathroom cupboard and found what he exactly needed, pills. Even though Daniel’s only love, Ong Seongwoo, disappeared without a trace, he could not help but have nightmares. Gulping down a pill, he placed it somewhere else so his room mate would not stumble upon it.

”Daniel? You’ve been having nightmares, I can tell by the screaming. Are you okay?” Jisung peered through the open bathroom door, hands on the frame. Daniel jumped at his room mate's voice and smiled shyly. "S-sorry hyung, I just can't-" Daniel's words were choked on tears, and when Daniel realised, he could not help but run to the older and bury his head in his warm chest. 

Jisung patted the younger's back reassuringly and led them to the couch for Daniel to rest. It had been a long time since one of Daniel's nightmares and Jisung was getting desperate. As a good friend, room mate and a mother-like figure, even if it risked his life as a human being, he would do it for his precious Daniel. 

With Daniel still sobbing quietly on his shoulder, breathing not slowing down, Jisung mouthed a 'sorry'. Jisung knew how much he risked Daniel finding out what he was. He knew that he would be in danger, but it was Daniel - his Daniel. Exhaling deeply, Jisung fluttered his eyes shut and brought out his hand, palm up. 

Jisung muttered under his breath in a different - seemingly ancient - language and his palm started to glow a bright yellow. From his palm came out yellow balls of energy which danced around Daniel before being somehow absorbed into Daniel's forehead. After a few minutes, Daniel's quiet sobs were silent and his breathing was steadied. 

Welp, looks like it's going to rain today... Jisung sighed deeply, before turning his head to look out the window and already see small water droplets falling from the sky. 

"Oh my god, hyung! I'm going to be late!" Daniel's eyes were still puffy red and he was running around hastily and slamming the door shut to take a shower. Jisung chuckled at the younger's alarm and peered out the window which rain droplets slid onto, smiling sadly with his hands clenching onto the curtain. He only whispered one thing;

Seongwoo, may you be free. 

»»————- ————-««

Daniel burst through the window-paned doors with a file in between his arm and side of his body, coffee in the other hand and a small donut which he munched on in between his lips. Taking long strides towards the lift, he pressed the '6' button and skimmed through some papers while munching on the donut. 

"Wow, for once the famous Kang Daniel of the model department is late by.." Jaehwan checked his wrist watch and continued, "Oh my! An hour and a half!" Sarcasm laced his voice the minute the famous Kang stepped out of the elevator. Jaehwan had been handling Daniel's work for the time he was late and wanted a good reason as to why he needed to. 

Daniel sighed as he finished the last bits of his donut and set his things on his desk, and turned back to his close friend of the department crossing his arms and with arched eyebrows. "I-i'm sorry Jaehwan... I-" Jaehwan gave a reassuring smile and pat Daniel on the shoulder. "One of your nightmare episodes, i'm guessing" 

Daniel must have done something in his past life to have Jaehwan forgive him so easily - a miracle, to put it. He gave Jaehwan a tight hug, making Jaehwan yelp and replied to him, "Yep.. I should have handled it better.." "And I thought you were over that guy" Daniel cocked his head to the side, "Guy? Who?". Jaehwan took a double take on Daniel's expression and the only thing evident was - confusion. 

"O-oh, so it isnt him?"

"What? Who is him?"

"You never told me who he was thou-" 

"M-mr. Jaehwan and Daniel? I need you to review these new clothing designs" An intern opened Daniel's door and stuck her head out. The two men looked at her before she stepped in and gave the papers to Jaehwan and excused herself outside. "Looks like the spring collection.. welp get to work then." Jaehwan looked through the designs before placing it neatly on Daniel's desk and walking out. 

Before he turned the door knob, Daniel called out to him. "We'll continue our conversation at lunch?" Jaehwan jaw dropped to the floor, looking at Daniel as if he was a madman. "W-what? But you said not to mention him? I think its better we don't." Jaehwan left the room right before Daniel was able to say a word. 

Daniel only watched the door close before scratching his head. He remembered having a nightmare but - what was it? Daniel felt like he was missing something very important - precious even, but he shook the thoughts away, telling himself he should not be worrying about little things and focus on the new collection coming out. 

Daniel was a model-slash-clothing manager, he was scouted on the street by his boss and started as a model for some small clothing brands. After his first few months of advertising small brands, he signed a contract with a popular brand and that was when his advertisements, photos got onto screens in Seoul and even on the front over of the top well-known magazines. 

In his second year doing modelling, he was promoted to not just model, but also manage their clothing designs and styles after his boss saw Daniel's style even out of work when he stumbled into him by accident at a park nearby. Since then, Daniel has been growing ever since and girls and boys of their department swoon over him. Jaehwan had been telling Dan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter