Warmth

Warmth

“See you tomorrow, Yongsun-ssi.”

 

Yongsun gave the warmest smile to her new workmate who just bid goodbye to her. Sowon is a pretty hardworking girl and such a quick learner, Yongsun really likes that girl and can sees how far she can goes. So then, Yongsun quickly packed up all her things before the clock turns exactly at 9:30 p.m. Probably in another 30 minutes, she will arrives home if she gets to ride the subway as soon as possible. And yes, she was lucky. It was a bit empty inside the train.

 

A ‘beep’ sound awoke Yongsun from her empty thoughts. She fished out for her phone in her handbag and took it out. Even though she doesn’t read the message that she just received yet, but looking at the name of the sender already brought a wide smile to her lips.

 

From: My Boo <3

Yongie, I miss you. I’m waiting for you here, baby.

[9:51 p.m.]

 

To: My Boo <3

I miss you too, I’m on my way home. See you later. ;)

[9:52 p.m.]

 

Yongsun let out a long sigh of relief as soon after the message has been successfully sent. Now, she took all the remaining time to stare at the photo of her wallpaper. She was smiling brightly at the camera, while her lover sat closely beside her and gave a really sweet peck on her right chubby cheek. The picture was taken recently like two weeks ago if she’s not mistaken.

 

Yongsun can’t help to smile over and over again watching her lover’s gorgeous side profile. Only God know how much she really misses Byulyi even they were not seeing each other for just like a few hours ago. Without her conscious, her thumb moved on its own to caress the picture of her lover and a wave of emotion suddenly crept inside her heart. But Yongsun quickly composed herself so she’s not crying out of the blue inside the train.

 

It took another few minutes of walking for Yongsun to finally arrive right in front of their house. But a frown appeared on her face when she saw how dark the house is. Her heart started to pump ridiculously fast because Byulyi never left their house in total darkness like that so Yongsun been kind of worried. Some negative thoughts start to bombard inside her mind but she tried her very best to shake them all away. After let out a deep breath, Yongsun unlocked the main door with her spare key and opened it slowly.

 

“Byul?”

 

Yongsun becoming more anxious when there was no answer from Byulyi. The only lamp that has been switched on is at the kitchen. Yongsun just has the thought that maybe her lover is inside their bedroom or at the kitchen, looking for something to eat. Though Yongsun knew, Byulyi mostly thirsty for a certain thing all the time.

 

And she guessed it right when her ears caught some noises that obviously came from the kitchen. So with steady steps, Yongsun made her way to the kitchen before a sight of shivering Byulyi greeted her eyes. A few utensils are scattered around the shaky blonde woman, looks like she is searching for something so desperately.

 

“B- Byul, are you alright?”

 

When Yongsun stood right in front the slight taller woman, she became completely astonished when she stared right into her lover’s eyes. They are shining in deep red, full of desperation and desire. While her breathing was kind of ragged like she just finished a marathon. Yongsun wanted to touch her lover, calms her down like always, but when she saw the fangs that slowly bolting out from Byulyi’s mouth, she retreated her hands and froze.

 

Yongsun just knew what the problem is.

 

Yongsun was a bit startled when Byulyi suddenly grasped both of her shoulders so strongly. “Baby, I’m cold...”

 

Hearing to Byulyi’s shaky voice that sounds so weak, Yongsun felt her heart crack a little bit. It just so rare to see Byulyi looks so vulnerable like this, but still she doesn’t wants to take the risk. So she tried to suggest a way. “H- How about those supplies?”

 

“There’s nothing left.. I- I really need it now. Please, Yongsun?”

 

This is one of Yongsun’s weaknesses, and everything is because of Byulyi. But she never cares about it too much. All she ever knows is she loves the blonde woman through thick and thin, in dark or bright side, and to whoever she really is. People around them can say whatever they want, that she is such a blind fool, or a love idiot. But Yongsun couldn’t care less about it anymore. As long as Byulyi is here with her, everything is just fine for her. Even at one point that she has to risk her own life to let Byulyi survives, she won’t mind to do it at all. Because that just how much she loves Byulyi, and yet it can never be expressed by words.

 

So then, Yongsun finally gave in.

 

“Just hold on, my love. It won’t take too long.”

 

Somehow, Byulyi’s reassurance words and the soft kiss she planted on her forehead, made Yongsun felt at total ease. The next thing Yongsun knew is the feeling of a sharp pain around her neck and blood gushing out of her open wound. She wanted to let out a moan, or even a scream, but all she does is biting her lips so badly until it bleeding, trying to hold any tears from fall down.

 

Yongsun will do anything, just for Byulyi.

 

Byulyi the remaining blood of her lovely girlfriend until she felt truly satisfied. From hovering on top of Yongsun on their king-size bed, Byulyi changed position to cuddle up with her girlfriend. She wrapped her strong hands slowly around Yongsun’s waist from behind. Even though she can’t see Yongsun’s face right now, but Byulyi knew that the shorter woman is trying her best to hold the pain. And because of that, she tightened the embrace and softly kissed Yongsun’s hair, with the strawberry scent came from it that insinuated to her nostrils that can easily soothes her anytime.

 

Byulyi feels grateful to have Yongsun here with her, to accept her for whoever she is, and to be the most perfect woman just for herself.

 

“I’m sorry if it’s hurt you, baby. But I really love you, trust me, I really do.”

 

=====

 

Yongsun was having a grocery shopping with Wheein on that weekend. Both of the women thinking on adding some stocks for their own houses. While their lovers stay at Yongsun and Byulyi’s apartment, playing some video games that Hyejin has suggested. Well basically, their weekends will always be like that, like it has becomes a routine.

 

“How’s thing with Hyejin?”

 

Yongsun popped out a question to the younger woman out of the blue while she was scanning through the cooking oils rack.

 

“Well we’re fine. Though Hyejin-ie being kind of gross lately. Like this one night, she tried to take a taste of my drool when I was still sleeping. She told me that she really wanted to do it.”

 

Yongsun stared weirdly at Wheein before she teasingly made a cringe face. They both laughed for a while because of that. After successfully took a few bottles of cooking oil for the both of them, they moved to the vegetables section. While Yongsun was looking for some good tomatoes, it was Wheein’s turn to ask the older woman. Something that she’s been wanting to ask since the very first second they met each other this morning.

 

“Unnie, are you alright? I mean... your face looks kind of pale. You have a fever?”, Wheein asked out of fully concern.

 

Yongsun was a bit shocked and nervous at the same time. Remembered about what happened last night, Yongsun started to become all sweaty. She doesn’t knows if she should really tell about it to the younger woman, even though Wheein and Hyejin already know about who Byulyi really is. Just that, she doesn’t wants to make Wheein worries about it.

 

So, Yongsun threw a short glance at Wheein and gave a big smile, trying her very best to not make it looks forceful. “I’m fine... maybe a little bit tired. You know, work, work, work, work.”, Yongsun laughed in between while trying to sing that popular song by Rihanna, slash Hyejin’s favourite idol.

 

“Byulyi did it again, right?”

 

Watching Wheein’s serious face, Yongsun had no choice but to just state the truth. She slowly nodded her head. “It’s fine, Wheein-ah. We already got some more blood supplies for her before you guys came to our house. It just that yesterday, she couldn’t hold it. I... can’t leave her in that state.”

 

Wheein let out a small sigh before she shook her head, kind of disagreed. “You remember what happened to you the last time she did that to you, right?”

 

Well, Yongsun still can clearly remembered the incident back in a few weeks ago. After the same fateful event happened on that certain night, Yongsun became so unwell that she collapsed in the middle of still at her workplace. Both of Wheein and Hyejin together with Byulyi went to visit Yongsun at the hospital and only God know how guilty and devastated Byulyi really felt that day. But Yongsun just kept on reminding her that she was truly fine and not to worry much.

 

Yongsun knew that Byulyi born as a vampire, it’s already in her blood since she was still a baby. And it happened to be an unexpected turnover for Yongsun to fall in love with such inhuman creature from the very first place. But Yongsun never thought it as a bad thing. All she can ever say, without feeling tired out of it, that she truly loves Byulyi for whoever she is and not even a single thing in the world can stops her.

 

With tears start to a bit b in her eyes, Yongsun flashed a sincerest smile to the younger woman, hoping to put a stop to whatever kind of questions about Byulyi’s presence in Yongsun’s life.

 

“I don’t care, Wheein-ah. For me, Byul just like anyone in this world. Just that she is a little special, of course for me. Yes, I love her and she’s really special.”

 

=====

 

Later that evening, the four of them spent the entire day together at Yongsun and Byulyi’s apartment until they had dinner at night. Right after that, Wheein and Hyejin decided to go back to their house since both of them started to get sleepy, especially when Yongsun and Byulyi started to have their lovey-dovey moments like some sick lovebirds. So then right at 10:00 p.m., the couple finally has their alone time inside their apartment.

 

“Baby, you look kind of pale.”

 

Yongsun closed her eyes shut when Byulyi pulled her closer into her embrace and planted some sweet kisses everywhere that she can on Yongsun. They were cuddling on the couch while watching a certain movie shown on the television. But like usual, they mostly pay attention to each other more than anything.

 

Sometimes Yongsun felt herself hanging on the clouds high in the sky whenever Byulyi calls her ‘baby’. It feels like a music to her ears.

 

Yongsun slightly turned her head so she can fully stared at Byulyi’s breathtakingly gorgeous face. “No worry, Byul. I just feeling tired, hmm?”, Yongsun softly said before gave her lover a really sweet smile.

 

Byulyi brought her face closer to her girlfriend’s with concern clearly drew all over her face. “Is it because of me... yesterday night?”

 

“No- I mean..” Yongsun gave a quick peck to the blonde’s lips, something that she does that can always calms the vampire down. “Just know that I love you, okay? Don’t worry about it.”

 

“Are you sure?”, Byulyi asked again for reassurance. Now, she leaned her forehead against Yongsun’s and stared right into the two beautiful chocolate orbs with full admiration, love and adoration.

 

“Yes, baby.”

 

Somehow, it feels so fascinating how blue-ish Byulyi’s eyes really are and they look calmer than the ocean, when yesterday her eyes were shining in bright red. And that got Yongsun to never can stop staring at her lover.

 

That name got Byulyi grinned like a fool before she pulled the shorter woman into a deep passionate kiss. Just in a few minutes, Yongsun was already on top of Byulyi on the couch, while they pressed their bodies so close to each other until it felt like there’s no distance left between them.

 

Unexpectedly on that kind of cold night, the two lovebirds felt so much warmer than ever.

 

=====

 

It was exactly the tenth time Byulyi has tried dialling for Yongsun’s phone number, but still got no answer. She started to get really worried to death. It was kind of raining heavily that evening and Yongsun still not returns home. Byulyi swore if she still not sees even a shadow of her girlfriend, she will goes berserk and searches for Yongsun at her workplace in the middle of the heavy rain.

 

But thank God, before she can grabs her long coat ready to go outside, the main door of the apartment opened from outside. And entered a shivering Yongsun that has completely drenched with rain.

 

“Yong!”

 

Byulyi hastily ran over to Yongsun that was still standing at the door with extremely shaking body. The shorter woman’s skin look paler than ever and her lips quivered like crazy. Byulyi can’t think much so she quickly carried her girlfriend to the bathroom so she can takes a warm shower. While Yongsun was showering, Byulyi went to the kitchen to prepare a hot porridge for her girlfriend.

 

About a couple minutes later, Yongsun who’s already dressed in her comfortable pyjama, joined Byulyi at the dining table. Thus, Byulyi can still see how shivering Yongsun was and how her shaky hands tried to envelop her own self for a little warmth. So then, Yongsun silently ate the hot porridge that has been cooked by Byulyi while the blonde went to grab a packet of blood supply for her to drink. Byulyi feels her body turns into a complete warm for a quite long time whenever she drinks the liquid.

 

After Yongsun successfully finished the porridge with so much difficulty, Byulyi cleaned up all the dishes before she brought Yongsun to their bedroom. They both laid down on their bed with Yongsun leaned on top of Byulyi.

 

Everything that has happened got Byulyi to think how much she needs Yongsun in her life. How much love she can gives for the woman that has becomes her everything in the world. And Byulyi promises, that she will never let Yongsun feels hurt or pain anymore.

 

For Byulyi, Yongsun is the most perfect and amazing person in the world and she feels really lucky to call Yongsun hers.

 

“Don’t worry, baby. I won’t let you get hurt ever again.”

 

Byulyi ped her red hoodie so that she can brings Yongsun closer to her embrace and wraps the shorter woman together inside her hoodie. So then, Byulyi tightened the embrace and magically, Yongsun was fast asleep after that. Because the warmth in Byulyi’s embrace that night can’t even be described in words. And all the cold that Yongsun felt before quickly disappeared as soon after she leaned her head on Byulyi’s chest. And she wondered how can the undead creature’s heart still beating crazily before she fell asleep.

 

Since Byulyi doesn’t needs a long sleep like every human does, she took the chance to watch Yongsun that was sleeping soundly like a baby. She giggled faintly before planted a really soft peck on the shorter woman’s lips.

 

Yongsun is the only one for Byulyi. Same goes to how Byulyi is to Yongsun. And everything is just perfect for the both of them in this world.

 

“Sleep tight, my princess. I love you.”

 

Unexpectedly, Yongsun mumbled a reply in her sleep like she clearly heard what Byulyi said.

 

“I love you too, baby boo.”

 

And just as then, Byulyi also fell asleep with a smile on her lips. So both of them drifted off to their own sweet dream, waiting for the next days to come. As long as they are still right next to each other, it feels like everything will be fine.

 

FIN

_______________________________________________________

A/N: Thank you so much for spending your time to read "Warmth". I feel like it's full of fluffiness and sweetness, just like how I feel right now. *chuckle and blushing* Wish you guys really enjoy reading this. Feel free to leave anything. And I'm gonna update my other story as soon as possible. So then, see you again sooner. :)

p/s: So MAMAMOO's comeback is on this 7th March. Let support our queens together! I'm totally excited and ready for it. >_<