002

Lost And Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disable readability to avoid having the text format all wonky!

Areum had to take a solid minute to compose herself. Did this really just tell her to keep his own brother’s phone?

To: Chanyeol
Time: 12:21 AM

Ha. Funny. Okay really though, is there no way that you could track him down for me? This is an expensive phone.

From: Chanyeol
Time: 12:21 AM

Honestly, I’m surprised you haven’t pawned it yet. I would have, and then I would have bought myself something from the new adidas collection.

From: Chanyeol
Time: 12:21 AM

Oh, and no. I can’t track him.

To: Chanyeol
Time: 12:21 AM

You can’t or you just don’t want to?

From: Chanyeol
Time: 12:22 AM

Don’t want to :) also I really can’t. When he falls off the map he disappears. You don’t find him unless he wants to be found.

To: Chanyeol
Time: 12:22 AM

Oh I’m sorry, did I just step into the world of Jason Bourne? Sounds like my sister’s boyfriend. Mysteriously disappearing is his specialty. No offense.

From: Chanyeol
Time: 12:23 AM

None taken. Your sister’s boyfriend has nothing on my brother. The last time we spoke, he was high and gave me a PowerPoint presentation on why I should cover his monthly rent for the next three years.

Areum snorted. If getting high meant delivering an actual PowerPoint presentation, she wondered what kind of weed Sanghyun had to be smoking.

From: Chanyeol
Time: 12:13 AM

Landlords these days are particular vicious with people who lag behind on their rent. It’s a ‘pay up or die’ kind of scenario, you see.

To: Chanyeol
Time: 12:14 AM

Plausible. Or maybe, he could be an undercover spy who, as we’re speaking, is involved in a top secret mission. Maybe that’s why he rarely calls you.

From: Chanyeol
Time: 12:14 AM

Well then he’d make a terrible spy, won’t he? If he leaves his phone-with no lock code-stranded in a train, then I’d never hire him. Also, don’t tell me this is how you comfort your sister.

To: Chanyeol
Time: 12:14 AM

Wow, rude. Are my words of wisdom that bad?

From: Chanyeol
Time: 12:14 AM

Terrible.

To: Chanyeol
Time: 12:14 AM

Noted.

Sensing an unconventional end to the conversation, Areum set the phone aside and closed her eyes to catch a few winks of sleep before the train pulled to a stop. Only to be rudely interrupted two minutes later with the familiar ‘ping’ of a message alert.

From: Chanyeol
Time: 12:16 AM

So how old is your sister’s boyfriend? He must be part prepubescent boy part teenager with hormonal fluctuations that skyrocket at the brush of a shoulder. Take my advice when I tell you that they’re the worst and your sister should steer clear until she’s like thirty.

To: Chanyeol
Time: 12:16 AM

Oh my god, I didn’t realise you moonlight as a dating helpline. It’s my lucky night! Suddenly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter