A Cry

The White Flower in the Red Light District

 

Jeonghan had been glancing at his watch every second he could spare. He didn’t have an appointment, nothing of that sort, but he was just so eager to leave - a will he never knew he had before. He was typing faster than ever, so much so that his colleagues gave him weird glances every so often.

 

6:59… Jeonghan felt his whole body tense up, his breathing quickened. Jeonghan leapt to his feet the moment the second hand reached the twelve and scrambled around, shoving his documents away into his bag and struggling to put his trench coat on. He earned double the stares as he dashed out of the office and sprinted down the not yet busy streets. The summer days were indeed long and the sun hadn’t yet set in the sky. Many of the civilians on the streets were businessmen making their ways home for dinner with their families. The boy had other plans.

 

Moving swiftly, Jeonghan turned a corner where all the street lights were red. Unlike all the other streets, this one held a much different crowd. Businessmen who had just finished work were beginning to drink, throwing themselves from brothel to brothel to fulfill their desires. It was a sight that Jeonghan was slightly unaccustomed to, yet not one he paid much attention to. There was only one brothel that he was concerned with - Flower Maiden Brothel.

 

As he neared the brothel, the person who he was looking for was standing at the entrance. “Joshua.”

 

The slender boy dressed in his usual attire smiled at the slightly out of breath businessman. “In a hurry I see.” He smiled.

 

Jeonghan’s heart fluttered at the boy’s smile, “I couldn’t let anyone take you away for the night.”

 

“I’m all yours.” The slightly shorter boy slid his arm around Jeonghan’s and led him into the brothel.

 

“So? Get any customers during the day?” Jeonghan asked. The pair entered one of the rooms - one with a table - and sat down facing each other.

 

Joshua’s eyes glistened in the dimly lit room, “You’d be surprised how well business is during the early hours… can you guess why?” He smirked and poured both of them a cup of sake.

 

Jeonghan bit his lip, “I’m not sure I know.” He answered and downed the first cup.

 

Joshua downed his cup as well, “Women who are already married and are stuck housekeeping often sneak out to find men like me.” He poured both of them another cup, “They aren’t happy with their husbands and try to get their needs from young boys. A dark world isn’t it?”

 

Jeonghan frowned and downed his second cup, “How many? How many women came today?”

 

Joshua didn’t meet his eyes and focussed on pouring sake into Jeonghan’s glass. “Seven…”

 

Anger bubbled inside of Jeonghan, “You let them touch you?” He kept drinking.

 

The boy across still did not meet his eyes. “That’s my job, Jeonghan… to let them touch me.”

 

In the darkness Jeonghan could see that Joshua’s usually pale face was flushed. Was it the alcohol? “Don’t,” Jeonghan could feel his body heat up, “don’t let them touch you.”

 

Crap… the alcohol…. Jeonghan’s eyes were drawn to Joshua’s exposed neck and his visible collarbones. This is bad.

 

“J-Jeonghan?”

 

The alcohol was beginning to affect Joshua too and he felt his heart pound out of his chest. Jeonghan approached Joshua - his eyes glazed over.

 

“Jeong-”

 

His words were cut off by Jeonghan’s lips on him, his strong hands pushing him to the floor. Jeonghan leaned in more, reaching his hands for Joshua’s, entwining them. “Mm…” At first, Joshua tried to resist. He tried to push Jeonghan off but his slender limbs were no match.

 

Jeonghan pulled away, “Don’t let anyone touch you,” His eyes showed a flash of clarity, “no one  but me.” He said and gently laid a kiss on Joshua’s forehead.

 

His mind raced. He didn’t like anyone touching him, every time they did he felt so defiled. But looking into Jeonghan’s eyes, he realised that he wasn’t just anyone. Somehow, he was different.

 

“Do you understand?” Jeonghan whispered, his body hovering over Joshua’s.

 

“Yes,” He answered and closed his eyes.

 

 

It was almost time again. Jeonghan unconsciously glanced to his watch, time passing so excruciatingly slow. After last night’s events, Jeonghan could not get Joshua’s face out of his mind. Even with the amount of his work higher than usual, Jeonghan could care less. There were five minutes left.

 

“Attention,” Jeonghan and his colleagues looked to the door of the office to see their boss, “everyone will be staying here overtime to finish the deadline for tomorrow. Take the time to call your families.” He said.

 

Several groans sounded out but they eventually began to dial home. Jeonghan felt his heart ache. On the one day that Jeonghan wanted to leave early, he couldn’t. He couldn’t even call Joshua to let him know he would be late. This is the worst.

 

Jeonghan glanced out the window, I’m sorry. Wait for me.

 

 

Jeonghan had never worked so fast in his life before, his fingers felt raw from the typing and he couldn’t even take the time to quench his throat. Time that he desperately wanted to share with Joshua.

 

“Thank you for your work everyone, you’re good to head home now.” Their boss popped his head into the office.

 

Finally. Jeonghan, along with several other colleagues leapt to their feet and quickly began packing. The summer sky was now dark and the town was illuminated with bright lights. Jeonghan hoped he wasn’t too late.

 

Despite his empty stomach and his dry throat, Jeonghan ran, his legs and heart aching with each step. The path was already ingrained in his memory and he turned and maneuvered through the streets. The lights transitioned to a deep red and the atmosphere changed. In the distance he could see the brothel, the white light waiting for him.

 

Wait. Stationed in front of the brothel was a carriage made of wood. No. The men that got off the carriage struck fear deep in Jeonghan’s gut. Town police. The men made a straight beeline for Joshua, grabbing onto his slender arms and restraining him.

 

“Stop!” Jeonghan yelled, running as fast as he could. He was too far away.

 

In his blurry vision, Jeonghan watched as Joshua struggled against the two men. He watched as they dragged him into the carriage and bolted it shut.

 

“Let me out!” His voice was full of fear. Onlookers watched and the women at the brothel wept for their fellow brother.

 

“Joshua! Joshua!” Jeonghan had reached the carriage and reached for Joshua’s arm through the bars.

 

“Jeonghan!” Joshua’s eyes were wild with fear, tears beginning to stream down his pale face. “Jeonghan, what are they going to do to me?” His slender hands held onto Jeonghan’s firmly, shaking.

 

The carriage began to move and Jeonghan walked with it. “It’ll be okay.” His grip on Joshua was firm. “I’ll find you.” Jeonghan looked at Joshua. His hair was messy, out of place. His hazel eyes filled to the brim with crystal-like tears. Even like that, he was so beautiful. His heart ached.

 

Jeonghan had to speed up to a sprint. He didn’t want to let go of his hand. Not in that moment. Not when Joshua looked so fragile. He might break if he let go. “I’ll come find you! Just wait for me!” Jeonghan yelled out of breath.

 

Joshua nodded his head, tears unstoppable, “I’ll be waiting…”

 

His grip loosened. Their hands fell apart and Jeonghan watched as the carriage disappeared.

 

I’ll find you… just wait for me.

 

Jeonghan’s figure disappeared and Joshua withdrew his hand back into the carriage. He felt as though he was breaking. He slumped to the floor and held his knees to his chest. His white kimono was ripped and dirtied with dust. He held onto himself and wept in the dark bumpy carriage. The boy in white waiting for hope to arrive.

 

A/N: Haha, finally got the next chapter up ^^ This is probably going to only be a 3 chapter short? I only continued it since you guys wanted more. Ofc I had to add in my twist of angst (sorry, you guys know I love it). This chapter was so spicy for me to write (I've never written anything so 'dangerous' before) Hope you enjoyed it! Comments are always appreciated~ Much love~