Chapter 1: Contracts, Explanations, and That Damned Ring

Marriage Contracts

 

  • Chapter 1: Contracts, Explanations, and That Damned Ring
  •  

 

Taemin awoke when the sun hit his eyes. 

 

Oh God, this was the day he wasn’t looking forward to. 

 

His birthday. 

 

It wasn’t the fact that Taemin hated his birthday per say, but he just didn’t like the events that came with it. For starters, his umma, Key, would make him something delicious, most likely being a huge brunch just for him with all his favorite foods. 

 

The next would be playing video games with Onew, Jonghyun, and Minho. And the last is what he hated the most. Gift giving.  

 

He loved gifts, but every year since he joined SHINee the gifts were getting more ridiculous than the last. 

 

The first year was socks. What every kid his age wanted right? 

 

The second year was sun block. 

 

And last year, Taemin thought that they would be serious that year, but no. They weren’t. They gave him a ticket to Germany, which Taemin thought was real, until he saw the date on it. 

 

Now how could they ever top the last one? He thought sarcastically. 

 

“Tae-ah! Get up! Breakfast.”  Key called from the kitchen. Taemin lazily got up, stretching his body, and went to the kitchen. There he saw his Umma in his pink glory. Well by that he meant with his pink apron on.  Key turned and smiled at Taemin upon seeing him. He placed a soft kiss on the younger’s forehead. 

 

“Happy Birthday Taemin-ah!” He said joyfully. He went over to the counter and got the last of the feasted birthday breakfast. 

 

“Jonghyun! Onew! Taemin’s awake come say Happy Birthday to him!” He nagged. 

Taemin heard slight groans coming from the living room then they both responded with a, “Coming!” 

 

When they entered the kitchen, Jonghyun was smiling at the younger, while Onew looked at the food in front of them. 

 

“God, I wish it was always Taemin’s birthday. He always gets the best breakfast, it’s not fair, right Jjong?” Onew sat down at his usual seat, the middle since he was the leader,  Jonghyun following Onew’s actions and sitting to the right side of him. 

 

“Why can’t you make something like this for our birthday Key?” Jonghyun whined. Key looked back with a smirk on his lips. 

 

“Because you’re not worth it,” He said, Jonghyun pouted with dismay. 

 

“You’re so mean!” 

 

“But you love me anyways,” Key shot back. 

 

The leader put his attention to the maknae of the group, "Happy Birthday Taemin-ah," He greeted with his signature smile. 

 

Taemin looked up fron his plate and thanked his hyung for the warm greeting. 

 

"Thanks hyung," Onew in return ruffled the younger's hair due to his cuteness. 

 

"Aigo!" Onew exclaimed, "You're still so cute Tae-ah." 

 

Taemin pouted, "Hyung! I'm nineteen now! I'm not cute, call Kai that, he's younger." 

 

Onew chuckled, "He may be younger, but is no where near as cute as our forever baby," He stated. 

 

"Speaking of our baby," Key interrupted, "We got you a present." 

 

Taemin noticed how they each had a smirk plastered on their faces. This cannot end good, Taemin thought to himself. 

 

They were there in silence just staring at Taemin, with those stupid smirks on their faces and quite honestly Taemin just wanted them to give the present, what might be even worse than last year he bet, and leave him be for the rest of the day. 

 

Growing tired of the staring contest, he snapped, “Can’t you just give the present already and get this over with?” Taemin complained. 

 

With a sly smile, the older members of SHINee approached their maknae. Taemin didn’t even made an effort to be happy. He knew that his hyungs were the worst gift givers out there. 

 

“Oh my adorable son, I think you’re going to like this present. It’s the best one we’ve given you!” Key exclaimed, clapping his hands. 

 

Taemin raised an eyebrow, “I highly doubt that umma,” He said. 

 

Key faked a gasp, “Jjong! Did you hear that? He doubts our gift giving abilities.” 

 

Taemin sighed, “That’s because you don’t have one hyung.” 

 

Jonghyun then grabbed the  wrapped present from Key’s hands and tossed it to the maknae, “Enjoy.” He said with a mischievous smile. 

 

Taemin eyed the present before reluctantly opening it. There he was faced by a highly detailed document but what caught his attention was the ‘Marriage Contract’ that was written on the top of the paper .

 

“Ok, what’s a marriage contract doing here?” Taemin turned his attentions to his elders. 

 

Onew smiled, “You see little maknae, you just got married to our flaming charisma. Congrats Taemin, you are now Mr. Choi Taemin.” 

 

... 

 

...

 

“WHAT?!”

 

 

The trio were silent while Taemin was just there, staring at them wide-eyed. 

 

"Are joking with me?" He laughed awkwardly. 

 

Jonghyun shook his head giddily, "Nope! You're now married to Choi Minho, congrats baby. Key was not up to the idea at all but I threatened him." 

 

"What did you say?" Taemin asked getting off topic. 

 

"No for a week," He said simply and Taemin just stared at them. He didn't know how to feel. Maybe pissed because his 'Umma' sold him to Minho for or maybe shocked, because he was going to spend the rest of his life with Minho. no less. Good think that this was only  joke. Right? 

 

"Ok, hyungs, you scared me for a second there," He said in relief, "I really thought you said that I was married to Minho just now." 

Onew laughed, "That's because you are." 

 

Jonghyun clapped his hands together, "Oh yeah there's part two to your gift," Jonghyun rushed out the kitchen towards the shared room with Key. 

 

Taemin turned back and faced Key, "Umma please tell me he's joking," He pleaded. 

 

"Baby it's not gonna be that bad, I mean you practically like Minho anyways," Key nudged Taemin in a teasingly manner. 

 

Taemin blushed mildly, "I do not!" He protested. 

 

Onew stood up and walked over where his two dongsaengs were at. He placed an arm over Taemin's shoulders, "Uh-huh, you don't like him alright," Onew teased, "Why is that I always find you staring at him?" 

 

Taemin blushed more, "Because he had something on his face." 

 

Onew obviously didn't buy it, "What about that time that you hugged him in Dream Team? When your lips brushed against each other?" 

 

Taemin coughed, "That was just out of excitement." 

 

Key smirked, "And what about that time when you guys slept next to each other on Hello Baby, getting all snuggily with each other?" 

 

"That's because the director said so." He cleared. 

 

"That doesn't mean you didn't like it right?" 

 

Taemin was about to protest but Jonghyun came back with a box on his hands with a that smile that can win anyone over. 

 

"Here's your other present Tae, I know you'll love it." Jonghyun said proudly. 

 

Taemin reluctantly ripped the wrapper apart. What could be worse than the marriage contract? Well this answered his question. Inside the box, was a bottle of lube and several packs of . 

 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Jonghyun exclaimed. 

 

"Why would you give me condoms and lube?" 

 

Jonghyun tsk-ed, "Safe is always the key point here. We can't have you two ing-" 

 

"But I don't love Minho!" Taemin exploded. 

 

The older members laughed, "Did- did you he-hear that Key?! He said that he doesn't l-love Minho!" Onew said between laughs.

 

"Oh My God! That's got to be the best joke ever!" Jonghyun laughed hysterically. 

 

Taemin blushed hard, "I don't!!" He argued. 

 

"Tell you what I'll give you lessons on how to use one." Jonghyun grabbed one of the many condoms in the box and displayed it to Taemin's face giving a full view, "This is how you open-" 

 

"Ok, what's going on here?" 

 

____________________________________________

 

Minho looked at his wrist watch. It's was almost nine in the morning, that meant that the birthday boy would have woken up by now. 

 

He found it weird that Key suddenly woke him up at, god knows what hour it was, and told him to get some things from convenient store just two blocks from their dorm. Minho didn't even question why he had to do it, because what diva says, diva gets. 

 

He walked back to their dorm, holding shopping bags with both his muscular arms. When he finally got to the floor where they lived, there he saw Jonghyun, in front of Taemin, with a on his hand. 

 

Puzzled he asked, "Ok, what's going on here?" 

 

Taemin snatched the out of Jonghyun's hands before shoving it into his pocket, "Nothing really. Where have you been Minho-hyung?" Taemin asked innocently trying to get rid of the awkwardness surrounding them. Well to be precise, Taemin and Minho. 

 

"Key told me to go and get some things at the store," He said as he placed the bags on the counter, "Happy Birthday Tae." He said. 

 

Taemin smiled gratefully, "Thanks Minho-hyung." 

 

"Hey," Onew called out to the two youngest members, "I just remembered, Key and Jjong and I have to go on with our schedules." 

 

Minho raised an eyebrow in suspicion, "I thought you guys had the day off." 

 

"I just remembered, Manager-hyung changed our schedules, so yeah bye!" Onew said before shoving the other two out of the door leaving the other two in an awkward silence. 

 

"So," Taemin said, "Looks like they left us." 

 

"Yeah," Minho agreed, "Looks like it." 

 

Minho went over to the fridge to get something to drink. Then a manila envelope caught his sight. 

 

He opened the folder and looked at the documents inside. There on the paper was both his and Taemin's name. 

 

"Uhh, Tae?" He called out to the younger who was now coming out of the bathroom, "What's this about?" 

 

Shoot, Taemin cursed inwardly, I didn't think he'd look at it!

 

"Well, that's the present the hyungs gave me today," Taemin started while playing with the loosed threads of his overly-sized shirt. 

 

"I see, but why does it have both our names on it?" 

 

"Well that's the thing, it was supposed to be a joke, but it looks like we're married." Taemin said a little too hastily that the other almost didn't hear it. 

 

Wait. Taemin and me, married?! Minho exclaimed in his head. 

 

"Look, I know you don't want this, but apparently it's legal, we can file the divorce papers right now hyung." Taemin explained. 

 

"Wait, did you say this was legal?" Minho said in disbelief. 

 

"Y-Yeah, we can go out now and get the divorce papers, since well you and me are legal and all." 

 

"Why would you want to get a divorce, we just got married." Minho stated. Taemin's jaw dropped. 

 

"Wait, wait. Let me get this straight. You don't want to have a divorce?" MInho shook his head. 

 

"Marriage is supposed to be a union of two people, it's supposed to last forever right?" Taemin just stared at his hyung. The same hyung he's been living with for the past six years. 

 

"But that's the point! We don't love each other!" Taemin protested. Minho looked at him confused. 

 

"Who said I didn't love you?" 

 

Well . 

 

Taemin felt like his chest was going to fall out. Didn't he know that saying things like that you can get the wrong idea? 

 

Then Minho realized what he just said and covered his mouth with his hand, "That's not what I meant." 

 

Taemin shook his head, "It's fine. Let's just go and get the divorce papers filled, I swear to God, I'm going to kill those three even if they're older than me." 

 

 

____________________________________________

 

This has got to be the most awkward walk I've had with someone. Taemin thought while walking side by side with his, well, husband. 

 

Currently the two of them were walking to town to an agency to get the papers for divorce filled. 

 

While the two walked, neither of them said anything but then they came across a jewelry store with various rings in display. Minho grabbed Taemin's hand and pulled him to see. 

 

"Look," Minho pointed, "We should get one of those." 

 

Taemin looked at him dumbfounded, "Why? It's not like we need them." 

 

Minho turned his attention to Taemin with a small frown evident in his face, "But I'm your husband, it's only natural that I get you things like this." 

 

Taemin faced away from Minho his heart throbbing a mile an hour. He didn't know that his hyung could be this corny. 

 

"Come on Tae, we got married and we don't even have rings yet." Minho urged. 

 

"We're not married," Taemin mumbled. 

 

"In the paper it says we are," Minho shot back. He pulled Taemin inside the store, greeting the ladies that worked there. 

 

"Oh my gosh. Isn't that Choi Minho and Lee Taemin from SHINee," One of the saleswomen squeeled. 

 

Minho and Taemin smiled and bowed together, "Hello," They greeted, making the saleswoman squeel more. 

 

"H-Hello," She stuttered, "W-What can I do for you?" 

 

Minho angelically smiled at the woman in front of him, "We're here to purchase wedding rings." 

 

The woman looked shocked, "Y-You're getting married?" 

 

Minho chuckled, "Well no I already am." 

 

She tilted her head to the side and curiously asked, "Who is she then?" 

 

Minho pointed to the direction Taemin was standing, "Him." 

 

She looked at him perplexed, "Really?" 

 

Minho nodded, "Yep." 

 

Taemin coughed, "Can we just get out of here, hyung?" He pleaded. 

 

"No," Minho said firmly, "Not until I get you a ring." 

 

He turned his attention to the woman once more, "Why do you recommend?" 

 

The saleswoman cleared awkwardly, "Which one do you prefer, one with diamonds or just a simple band?" 

 

Minho looked back to Taemin for advice. Taemin sighed and walked over to the glass frame, "Just bands. It's simple." 

 

The woman unlocked the glass frame and took out some of the bands that they had, "Which one do you want Tae?" 

 

"This one," Taemin picked without even thinking, he just wanted this to be over and done with. 

 

"You picked nicely," The woman told him, "It's the most expensive one we have," She told the two of them. 

 

"How much does it cost?" Taemin asked with interest. 

 

"Roughly about $2,400" Taemin's jaw dropped. 

 

"You're kidding! For a ring? Hyung we can't get that!" He exclaimed at Minho. Taemin wasn't vain. He didn't like it when people spent money on him. 

 

"It's ok, it's the ring that you wanted right? Then we'll get it." 

 

"I take it you'll be purchasing the rings," The woman asked, smiling. 

 

"Yes," Minho confirmed. 

 

She nodded and got gently took the rings, placing them on a tray so they wouldn't be scratched, "Do you want them to be engraved as well?" 

 

Minho turned to Taemin expecting an answer, "Do whatever you want." He answered nonchalantly. 

 

"I guess that's a yes," He turned back to the woman, "Can you please engrave, 'Forever and Always'?" 

 

"Certainly." 

 

Minho walked over to his 'husband', smiling down at him, "See now we're officially married." 

 

"Oh joy." Taemin answered sarcastically. 

 

 

Taemin thought that it would be the worst present ever, but it turned out to be the best. He just didn't know that yet. 

 

____________________________________________

Ok the first chapter. Hope that it was alright. >.< 

So yeah, Taemin and Minho are married. How will SHINee fans take this? And SM Ent? 

JongOnKey Pair FTW  XDD 

Oh and flying lantern from 'Tangled' totally fails BTW. I know because I made today and it didn't fly.  

Don't forget to comment :3 

♡ Cim