Chapter 4

Unplanned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum herds the boys to Mr. Scheele's lodge. Mrs. Scheele had insisted that Jaebum and his boys join the couple for dinner. Rose Scheele was a gentle lady in her early forties, had Jaebum not met her before he would say she was in her thirties. Rose complimented the rather serious- at- first glance Jack Scheele. They were a friendly couple and Jaebum was looking forward to introducing them to the maknaes.

The door opens before Jaebum gets the chance to knock. Jack had eagerly shooked their hands and lead Jaebum and the maknaes to the living room where they were greeted with hugs by an equaly excited Rose.

"Jaebum dear you made it! I was about to get Jack to fetch you."

"My apologies Rose, we had too much fun running around."

An hour before they were due at the Scheele's, Bambam decided to rain flour on the freshly dressed Youngjae and Yugyeom. Wanting to save his life, Youngjae had used Jaebum as a shield. That my friends is how the war started. Yugyeom and Jaebum against Bambam and Youngjae. Smelling defeat, Yugyeom had changed sides, leaving a Jaebum coated in white and a floor covered in flour. Jaebum smirks at the memory. The maknaes might have won the scuffle but Jaebum won the war for in the end it was the trio who cleaned the kitchen.

Jaebum introduces the maknaes one by one. The couple were surprised, they were expecting younger children given Jaebum's age.

" They are mine in every sense except biological."

The couple is all the more surprised to find that the tallest is actually the youngest. Bambam and Youngjae laughs as Yugyeom shyly scratches the back of his neck. Jaebum gets back at Yugyeom for earlier by adding that Yugyeom is indeed the baby of the group despite being too tall. Yugyeom turns red as a beet. Rose coos at he youngest and Jack joins the laughing males.

" By the way, for you."

Jaebum hands a twentyfour by thirtysix covered canvas. Rose slowly unwraps the canvas. The couple gasps.

" I haven't seen it but I pictured it would be something like this."

Rose and Jack gets teary eyed at the beautiful painting of a moon being reflected on the surface of a lake.

" It does Jaebum."

Jaebum smiles. He had this image in mind ever since his first visit to the place and he wanted to paint it so badly he bought supplies on his way home. He sat until he finished the artwork. Funny, the painting did not seem to fit anywhere in the house so he brought it as a gift to the caretakers of Lake House. Jack imediately hungs it above the fireplace.

" It's wonderful Jaebum."

The picture has found its home and Jaebum feels accomplished. Rose returns to the kitchen enlisting the help of the maknaes. Jaebum and Jack makes themselves comfortable on the couches in the living room until Youngjae announces dinner.

"Aunt Rose says to get Uncle Jack before he bores dad with his unending stories of vintage cars."

Jack laughs and Jaebum is happy the couple and the maknaes get along.

The dinning hall probably is the biggest part of the house. The long table could sit twelve people. Rose was placing the salad on the table when the doorbell rings. The couple stays frozen for a second. They share a knowing glance before Jack excuses himself.

" Some friends of Jack are also in the area,I hope that's okay with you."

We are not expecting them, I'm sorry. Jaebum hears it without it being said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter