Getting Back with You || csc.ljh

The Garland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Person A and Person B already break up. But after 2 years, person B finally get a chance to meet person A. Because person A is like a booster for their energy, person B come constantly to person A’s house. But in one day, when person B come in unusual hour, they fight over the same thing again. The cause of their break up back then. 

The days went by as usual. Cloudy continues to exist in his days. Even dark clouds continue to shade the roof of his house. Cold air slips into the house, alternating with the heat from the ramyeon he has just cooked. Jihoon spends his days in front of his warm ramyeon. Along with the melody he sets up in his room, echoing into every corner of his house. The clink of glass alternates with the violin twangs from the corner of his room. Just a knock on the door at dinner time that gives another colour in his mansion. But today, it sounds different. Because a car is parked in the garage. Jihoon lazily moves toward the door and opens it before the owner of the car knocks on the door and interrupts the song he is listening to.

He patiently waits at the doorframe. 

Revealing a guy with his goofy grin, wearing a thick khaki coat and black sunglasses, he pulls Jihoon into his embrace soon. A man from his past, paying a constant visit at the unusual hour. 

Jihoon doesn’t reply the hug, only pushing the man away like he used to. 

“Grumpy as always,” he says, closing the door behind and puts off his coat. While he is talking and busy with himself, Jihoon is no longer there. He turns around and smiles at himself. 

“Never willingly to hear me out,” he adds. 

He strolls the house, seeking him and notices a scent of ramyeon; he right away makes a way to go to the kitchen. There, he is astonished at the sight of Jihoon. He is beautiful in every way he sees. Despite the days he saw Jihoon getting thinner. His face is getting thinner. And every time he hugs the man, he will remind himself not to damage him. Jihoon is so precious in his eyes. For his worth, he's sorry for their relationship. He deeply regrets their quarrel before Jihoon broke their relationship unilaterally. He cuts off every access connected to the man who hurt him. 

The two years they spent separately were very heavy. The man did not know what Jihoon had been through all this time. As he tried better, wanted to grow to be the responsible man and focus on his person. Jihoon was out of reach. Even occasionally he tried to find out about the news, he only knew a few lies. The lie that said Jihoon’s life was better when he was not with him. Another lie where Jihoon looked happier. It's just a pseudo. The sheer invention that he created perfectly but in fact in the eyes of this particular figure, Jihoon was very devastated. He looked broken. Lonely. He could not even take care of himself.

And his heart was devastated to see such side from Jihoon. Even when he first set foot on Jihoon's mansion, he held back his tears. 

“Jihoon?” He calls. The man slurps down his ramyeon, put down his bowl and looks at him. 

“Nothing,” he says. Jihoon instantly moves, drops his plate to the sink. He goes back to his chair and enjoys the outside view, pretending that the only one living in his space is himself. There is no sign of his ex intruding his home. 

“Do you have coffee?” Without words, Jihoon draws himself to grab a can of coffee from his refrigerator, then put it aside before he goes back to his spot. His ex lets out a forbearing sigh as his eyes tail Jihoon. 

His feet proceeds to approach. His arm embraces Jihoon gently when he is close to him. 

“Seungcheol.” A little sound makes the man twitching his lips upward. 

“It’s been long since you call me You-Know-Who or jerk,” he retorts. Knowing how much uncomfortable it is for him, calling out his name again; the latter knows the reason behind his call. No matter how much he is being hugged, he dislikes it. Moreover, it’s his ex whom giving the hug. But Seungcheol can’t help. 

Like charging his energy, a simple hug is a must. And Seungcheol has liked the idea since they were together. In the past. He would come to Jihoon, from any distance, from a video call, to meet face-to-face, he would embrace Jihoon and inhale his typical scent. Home. 

In the present, it is difficult to grant it. Hence, Seungcheol will drive many kilometres away from his house, passing many roads and arrives at the countryside. Just for Jihoon. 

It is not like he takes Jihoon for some granted. He just—

Abruptly he is being pulled away and Jihoon moves at his own will to go. Seungcheol lets another sigh escaped out his lips.  

"Really? For few minutes?" He blinks his eyes unbelievingly. He tries many times to get back his heart but it's hard. Hard to tell how much he has changed from the last day they were on the obvious line. 

Jihoon in the present is quite audacious. Although at some moments, Seungcheol will discover the last trace of past Jihoon within him. The sweet one. The gentle one. The tame one. 

It happens whenever he is in his sleep. Either when Seungcheol loses control of himself; though in the end, he will spot a trace of tears on his cheek. Being guilty and full of remorse, he will kiss the trace although Jihoon only looks away after that. 

“Lee Jihoon!” He shouts. Eyes wander to every corner. His feet rush to see Jihoon as he hears a falling sound somewhere. His heart beats faster, climbing up to the stair and running to his room. 

He is stuck in the sight. He is stunned. 

The whole room is messy. Full of scattering things while on the bedside, it is neat—untouched. Like it can convey how much complicated Jihoon’s condition is right now. He tries to make himself okay, looks neat but around him is very me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter