It's You || js.jh

The Garland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"person A is an underrated idol. person B is a mysterious cover singer. unfortunately, person A has a song that based on person B and person B cover the song which person A own and make it climb up on the chart. they don't know each other until the day they meet. "

 

Notes : drop your comment below, reader-nim

Ω

“Told you, he has a good voice.” 

“I know, yet he does a cover for our songs.” 

Jeonghan quirks a brow scoots himself to the side of his leader. “What’s new?” 

The small man shrinks back to his seat, gives a lazy look as he shows the latter an article in Pann. His eyes wander to read what written there. Besides, there is a video. He squints his eyes hard, blames it for his eyesight’s capability that goes worse. He should buy new lenses for his glasses. 

“Thanks to him, our song climbs up to the chart. So, which one the idol here? Us or him?” The other member responds. There is a bitter glint in his voice, Jeonghan notices it. But he can’t help either, he just feels thankful that everyone seeking the song and make it on the chart. 

“But — it’s your solo. The one is higher than other songs in our new album,” his leader adds. Jeonghan gives a small smile, somehow a little bit of proud crawling to his heart because it’s his solo song. His solo. He can never be proud of it. Like finally someone notices his effort, writing his own lyric and singing it although he doubts his quality. 

“Hm…” he gulps, feels nervous suddenly, “so, sorry, I just don’t who he is actually?” He blurts out, his curiosity wants to check the background of a person who does a cover of his solo. Not because he is curious and wants to take his eyes on him, just because he is curious what kind of person who able to drag the underrated song to chart.

He looks at his leader, demanding an explanation.  

“I guess his name is Josh, assuming from his channel, WhatsupJosh so…yeah, the most rated boy with honey voice. No photo, even on his Instagram account, you can’t find his real face. Just he is famous for having a sweet voice that melts everyone’s heart.” 

Jeonghan agrees with the last part. Perhaps, he thinks. He hasn’t heard the cover yet. 

“So…” His eyes dart to another member, “Seungkwan?” 

The latter sighs. 

“He is famous, befriending other famous person and idols,” the boy goes on to say, “but I don’t know. Seriously, he can control his falsetto well and I’m jealous because the colour of mine is stronger than him. However, he can manage to give a mild colour when he is singing something.” 

Jeonghan a brow, “you like him?” 

The member shakes his head, standing up from his seat. “No—I like his friend. The other friends. A rookie from hip-hop genre.” 

The leader chuckles. “You and your crush. You know we can do ask for a duet with him for the next album.” 

“No, thanks,” Seungkwan refuses, smiling at his leader and Jeonghan. The boy seems confused. 

“You should check his cover. Besides your solo, he did a cover for his friend’s song. Overcome and Falling for U is the highest one, the most watched. Everyone like him, I guess you will,” Seungkwan mutters, getting the confusion worse for Jeonghan because he actually has no idea. So he just wordlessly nods, grabbing his phone and typing down on Youtube for the cover. 

Little does he realise, he spends a long time to watch the cover. Reading all the comments, especially at the video where the song he covered is Jeonghan’s solo song. He finishes it all until the leader and his other member drags him back to the dorm. 

In the span of one week, Jeonghan has to go on full-packed schedule, receiving a lot of good feedback, owing to the reason of the cover song. The original one is still not going down from the chart. And he is thankful. At least, people don’t sleep on his song now. 

Thanks to the cover singer. He smiles at the sky, praying if one day he will meet the man. 

Here, he is with his manager, going for another gig. And guesting on a radio show, like he wants. However, this time he has to be alone because the one he needs to support is his own song. The one he composes, along with the help of his leader. 

He lets out a sigh. His manager turns a look at him. “You’re okay?” 

Jeonghan nods. He feels not okay, at all. The nervousness hits him hard, dealing with professional DJ and other guests that he is not acquainted with. He only serves a warm smile towards them as soon as he arrives at the building, bowing to every staff just like he used to do. Even at the waiting hall, he sits in silence, eyes scanning on the paper to memorise at the script. 

“Oh? Sorry…” A voice like honey catches Jeonghan’s attention. Make an instant reaction, Jeonghan holds his breath, looking in awe. He blinks. Once, twice, he stays in silence, really being trapped inside the figure’s appearance. 

“Excuse me?” 

Jeonghan blinks again, shaking his head as he musters his mind right in its place back. 

“Oh, yes?” 

“Do you see any singer, idol, waiting here?” Jeonghan blinks, as if—well he is a part of the underrated vocal group in South Korea, so, Jeonghan can understand. Being an underrated group in Korea’s showbiz, it is not an easy task because few people only can recognise him. 

“So…”

“No,” Jeonghan replies. He smiles. The latter smiles too, leaving the scene afterwards. Meanwhile, Jeonghan is stuck in awe, looking at the man who caught his breath away. A second later, he finds himself hard to focus on the script, making an effort to memorise the line yet his mind goes straight to the former. 

A few days later, his story is still in the news. Every site he opens, it clearly states ‘An idol who compose a song with love in first sight theme, Yoon Jeonghan’, ‘A member from vocal group Angels..’ blah blah blah and Jeonghan massages his temple as he reads it again and again. Silently he curses himself, because he was too blunt at the radio, telling the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter