Start with a bang

Life of a Barista
Please log in to read the full chapter

I sigh as I turn off my car’s engine. I look outside my window to gaze at the store I am working at, Safe Route. I sigh again as I open my door to start my day. I checked my phone, ‘4:00 AM’, closed and locked my car.

“I need to make my day interesting.”

-insert epic background music-

As I trudge down the path towards the store entrance, I cold gust of wind blows upon my frame. I shiver as I try to cover myself further with the jacket that I am wearing. I look up at the night sky.

“I must endure.”

I walk inside and close the door behind me while looking at my greatest enemy.

“Stairs”, I growl lightly under my breath as I glare at the mocking structure in front of me.

I started climbing up, step by step, my legs pushing me off towards the top. A triumphant giggle escape my mouth as I look at the stairs.

“Not today.”, I give it a last glare before turning around to go to my destination.

I walk briskly towards the kiosk but suddenly stop as I saw something. I clench my hands as I stare further.

“The closer left a lot of unfinished tasks.”

I close my eyes as I clench my hands.

“I must do this. I must endure.”

With that, I open my eyes, fire burning within my heart. Determination fueling my will to complete all of the unfinished work.

I started checking all the cups and lid then proceed to check the syrups if they have been restocked. I jog towards the stockroom to gather the pastries for the day and proceeds to put everything in the pastry case. I start to prepare and set all the timers so they are ready then I proceed w

Please log in to read the full chapter