Madam President

To Protect and Serve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi all, the very clear winner of my poll was the President Bae/Bodyguard Seulgi AU. So, I will be writing that one as it was the highly voted for choice. Not to say I won’t write any of the other choices, knowing me. But, first it’s this one. For the sake of the story we will pretend women can enter the military, as Seulgi will be an ex soldier. Thank you all for voting ^^


 

“Breaking news, Bae Joohyun has just been announced as the new President of South Korea. Congratulations, Madam President.”

 

The TV at,  Bae Joohyun’s headquarters just announced to a more than excited room. There had not been a dry eye, or ecstatic scream from everyone in the place, as soon as her victory was declared. It had not been an easy road for the young woman, who had come into the political scene like a force of nature. Many people had tried to discredit her young age of, 28. They said it would hinder her. She didn’t have much experience, how could she hope to become leader of an entire country? Joohyun, however proved all who doubted her wrong. She did this with her intelligence, wit, and intense drive to succeed. She was such a motivating, and inspiring force that the people rallied around her. It was also quite clear that, many people wanted a change in direction, and looked for young, passionate leadership.

 

The raven-haired woman, was in a bit of shock at the moment. Everyone around her started their celebrations as soon as her named had been announced. She  heard her name coming out loudly on the giant, TV screen. Her body just had yet, to catch up to her mind that was currently racing miles per second. She’s soon pulled to the side, and into a huge hug.

 

“Sis!” Her younger sister Yeri smiles brightly. “You won! President Bae, it has a nice ring to it. Don’t you think?”

 

Joohyun smiles back, patting her younger sisters head affectionately. It does have a nice ring to it. She is now, President Bae Joohyun. The woman in charge with so much power. She hopes she will be able to do some good with her new role.

 

“Thank you, Yeri. It feels unreal, honestly.”

 

“Well, it’s real sis! You’re the one in charge now. You’ll be so busy soon.”

 

It’s true, that she will be very busy soon, running the entire country. That doesn’t mean she won’t continue to be there for her younger sister. They have always had one another for so long, and nothing will change about that. The sisters lost their parents at a young age, and Joohyun took on the role of parent for Yeri. She is 8 years older than her, and took the responsible role as surrogate mom.

 

“I will be busy, but not too busy for you, Yerimie. You should enjoy the celebration.”

 

Her supporters couldn’t wait to get started early. There was already champagne being opened, and celebratory music being played. It’s not even the official party, but more like a pre party. Joohyun knows there will be much more to come throughout the night. Yeri hugs her again, and kisses her cheek.

 

“You too, sis. It’s your big night, please have some fun.”

 

Joohyun smiles again. She still feels overwhelmed over her victory. The race had been close in the beginning. She edged out her competition, because she is focused, dedicated, and everyone who knows her personally. They know she doesn’t like to lose under any circumstances. She was hungry for the win, and it was a well deserved win for, Joohyun. She is now the latest, President of South Korea. Joohyun knows that she will have her work cut out for her, but she is excited for what will be her new life, and role.

 

The rest of the night, ends up being such a whirlwind of events. She gave her victory speech, although she felt as if she was having an out of body experience, while doing so. She engaged with much of her campaign staff, and supporters. She talked to the elite, wealthy donors who continued to support her campaign. She dined with some of the most influential people in South Korea, not bad for a middle class girl from Daegu. The fun was now, but soon the true work would begin.

 

The transitional period itself, took weeks. She had opportunities to meet with staff ahead of time. Joohyun was able to see the lavish, and expensive president’s home that would be hers soon. She engaged with the public as often as she could, appearing as the approachable, young leader that they all craved. On her first official day, in her new role as President. Not only did she meet much of the staff who would be working there. Joohyun had the opportunity to meet with the head of her security team, a woman named, Song Victoria. She was originally from China, moved to Korea for the work opportunities, and recently replaced the former head of security.

 

“Madam Bae, would you like to be introduced to some of the bodyguards that will protect you?” Victoria asks.

 

“Yes, please.” The raven agrees. She should meet the people who will essentially be protecting her life, and guarding her. Victoria leads the way to  a separate building on the property. There are several men training in the yards, in self defense. Victoria explains they are still in training, and will not be the ones protecting her. They enter the building and Joohyun sees at least three tall, strong, bulky looking men. Victoria introduces them as Chen, Xuimin, and Kai. Joohyun introduces herself and smiles politely.

 

“They are nice, don’t worry, Madam President.”

 

“They all have the difficult job of protecting me, so it was good to meet some of them.” Joohyun pauses when she notices someone else. There in the corner of the room lifting weights is a woman. She’s a beautiful, brunette with striking monolids, cute round ears, and such pretty lips. Joohyun has to remind herself, to not make it so obv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter