003 | Not Destined to Be

The Perks of Jungwoo

Not Destined to Be

March 9, 2018

Kim Jungwoo and Yang Hwa Uhn were not destined to be.

“Hwa Uhn, never in a billion years, will I ever deserve you.” Jungwoo’s broken tone enraptured the starry night in the vast expanse of the mountains. “However, I want to thank you for giving me the pleasure of experiencing such emotions as love and care; the one who does  deserve you must truly be the happiest man alive.”

“Jungwoo…” Hwa Uhn’s voice faltered as she failed to put her feelings into words.

Raising a hand in the air to stop Hwa Uhn’s attempt at trying to finish her sentence, Jungwoo continued, “We are neither friend nor foe, so let us part ways before our feelings get the best of us.”

Before Jungwoo got away, Hwa Uhn took a brash step and clung onto his robe for dear life. Stunned, Jungwoo stopped in his movement and gazed down to his waist where Hwa Uhn’s frail, yet strong arms held him in a possessive embrace.

“Jungwoo, I ---“, Gathering up her courage, Hwa Uhn voiced out, yet was once again stopped by the man she held onto.

“Please.” He begged.

And that was all it took to make her cry.

Realizing that his robe was drenched, Jungwoo turned in place and held onto Hwa Uhn’s chin as he lifted her head to meet his gaze. Looking into her eyes, Jungwoo was at loss of what to say to the woman that made him feel so much, yet hurt as much; so instead, he held the back of her head and pressed her face into his chest where he held her protectively and firmly.

“My beloved Hwa Uhn, you must not know how much I love you,” Jungwoo spoke into her moonlit dark hair.

“I love you so much to the point that I would rather be blind than see you with another man and would rather be deaf than hear you love another man.”

Hwa Uhn’s cries sufficed and she laid her head by his beating heart; listening to its erratic beat.

“My dear Jungwoo, you have suffered enough this lifetime and even though I love you, it seems as though, all I can ever give you is pain and longing… I want to love and I want to cherish what we have, yet I am a married woman. I feel selfish for wanting you, but I feel lost when I don’t have you. Will you ever forgive me for what I’ve done to you?” She admitted against his chest with her eyes downcast and filled with guilt.