001 | Along with the Wind

The Perks of Jungwoo

Along with the Wind

March 9, 2018

She quietly treads across the clean tatami mats of her home, hoping to relieve herself of this boredom, until she hears her name upon an angelic voice.

“Hwa Uhn.” He calls from the shadows of the halls, and she reaches him before knowing it.

“Don’t open the door.”

Hands pressed firmly on the sliding paper door, they could see the silhouette of one another. Both stared intently at the thin paper door that separated them. So close, yet so far.

She complied to his command and yielded her want to slam open the door just so she could see him one last time. They stayed in silence, enjoying the peacefulness of their situation and intaking the sense of relief that they were both safe and sound.

As quiet as the time has been, her stifled cries interrupted the silent atmosphere. Her emotions were overwhelming, suffocating her to the brink of madness and tears.

He closed his eyes to calm his thundering heart.

“Do not cry, my love.” And she nodded her head even though she knew that he wouldn’t be able to see her actions. “This is my farewell.”

He let out a smile so tired, so world weary.

They stayed unmoving. Scared that one movement, one sound, one breath would shake their composure.

“My love for you shall not hinder so long as we stay under one sky”, she uttered breathily into the door.

As momentarily as their brief encounter was, the man vanished into thin air along with the wind.