No thanks.

[TwoShot] No More Perfume.

 

 

Taemin thought about him, perfection. The epic crash into each other at the library. His flash of dark hair.. The apologies, the offer of coffee as a make up for the torn book. The sudden burn his heart felt when they looked into each other's eyes by accident.


"Just freaking come here and kiss me." he'd murmured, pushing the warm body against the apartment's wall.

Every touch was like a iron hot rod's tap, eliciting a gasp, whether of pain or pleasure. 

Coffee had led to an invitation home, to the awkward heavy silence that was left by them trying to push down their desires, only to discover that letting them flow freely was definitely a better idea.

Except of course the fact that all of the older's room mates aka best friends, all 5 of them, walked in on them halfway through.

The flurry of clothes being pulled back on, numbers hurriedly exchanged was amusing in hindsight.

But after that that person wouldn't leave his mind.

"Hello?"

"It's me." Taemin murmured, embarrased.

"Oh god. You wouldnt believe if I told you that you have been carved into my brain. I can't stop thinki-" the older breathed, not caring how desperate the words sounded, stopping halfway through the sentence when nothing came to mind to describe what feelings had been felt the past few days.

"Me too." 

They did it right this time, going to Taemin's house, where there wasn't anyone but two dogs that scrambled into the bathroom to hide when the screaming and moans got too much for their sensitive ears.

The ringing of the...wait what?


Taemin broke out of his daydreams and quickly answered his ringing phone, grinning almost immediately when he heard the sweet familiar dips and rises of the caller's voice.

"Yeah, I miss you too. I'm just hanging with the guys and her..." Taemin whispered into the phone, stepping out of the cafe quickly, leaving behind his group of friends... and girlfriend.

"You're never going to tell her?"

"Soon enough...I just wish you'd stop wearing that ea-"

"Stop complaining, I know you like it."

"Who could resist your sweet scent and handsome beauty?"

Taemin smiled as he leaned against the warm brick wall, letting the sunlight fall on his shut eyelids as he spoke to the person who caught him.

Syoyun looked at the swinging door that eventually shut fully. She smiled as she watched Taemin smile, that lovely bright smile of his.

"Hey Syo! Stop staring at him! I know you guys are SOOOOOOOOOO in love!" Nickhun shouted, as he thumped Jonghyun on the back.

Nickhun was covering, and Jonghyun was expecting that. But not the whack on the back that felt like it was a hundred trucks crashing into him.

Jonghyun sputtered, halfway through drinking his coffee. Jinki quickly patted his back, pushing a cup of water to Jonghyun's lips. Drinking the offered water gratefully, Jonghyun shot a glare at Nickhun, who mouthed a sorry.

"Jinki hyung is still the best~" Jonghyun wiped his mouth, saying, as he snuggled into Jinki's side, who blushed and patted his hair adoringly.

"Bunch of freaking gays we have here..." Key muttered, biting off a piece of cake and chewing, winking at Jinki.

"Only the two of them, Key. Only the two of them." Wooyoung laughed.

"Yeah, and being bi-ual is all the rage isn't it?" he snorted, only to get whacked by Junho.

"We're both panual, shut the hell up!" 

Syoyun watched all the happenings with amusement, unaware of Taemin's long absence.

If she had looked out of the window, she would have noticed his small smile, the uncharacteristic dark grow of lust into his eyes, the unusual smug words into the phone. She thought of Taemin's invitation to the club party next Tuesday, less than 3 days away. 

If she had watched the guys' behavior abit carefully, she would have noticed the secretive glances, the winks, the nudging and scrambling words to hide the lie from her eyes and ears.

The door bell tinkled, and Taemin came striding in, sitting down and swinging a arm around her shoulder. She grabbed his hand, smiling sweetly at him, to the 'aww's and 'eww's that came from the others.

As everyone discussed excitedly about the party, Syoyun felt his arm slip off. Looking to the side, she noticed Taemin smiling and texting. She frowned, deciding to ignore it this time, not wanting to get him mad. The last time it happened....


 

"Hey, Taem." she smiled sweetly, trying to hide her insecurities, playing it off as cool and collected.

"Yeah, babe?" Taemin mumbled, distracted for the umpteenth time by his phone, fingers flying over the keyboard typing endlessly, with a bitten back smile occasionally.

"Are you cheating on me with another girl.... You've been so distracted recently. Please tell me the truth." she said, cursing herself as her voice broke on the last syllable.

"You think I'm cheating on you!? What the hell do you mean Hwang Syoyun!? Oh wait. Let me guess. You are saying that so you can BREAK UP WITH ME RIGHT?! You want that don't you? Found a better guy?! Sick of me or something? I'm getting out of here." Taemin yelled, outraged at the disgusting accusation, and stood up to leave.

"Wait! Taemin! No! I didn't mean that! I was just... Just worried! Please... I really love you." she'd begged, tears forming in the corners of her eyes. She grabbed his wrist, pleading.

"Just... Don't say that again." Taemin said, voice still cold at the edges, before he lay back down, turning his back to her.

"yeah..." she mumbled, feeling guilty, wrapping her arms around him. He didn't reject her embrace, but didn't respond either. At least he had been normal again the next day.


 

Taemin received another message right after he sent one back.

What are you doing?

At the cafe, I want to see you, I miss you.

Taemin bit back another smile, sticking out his tongue in effort to stop the smile from showing.

Junho kicked Taemin under the table, a light warning. Jinki coughed hard, flailing a hand to knock over a glass of water.

Taemin peeked up slightly under his eyeslashes, suddenly aware of her scruntiny. Casually acting it off, he pretended to press send and sat back up, leaning on the table. Her face brushed past his shoulder, and she froze.

"What was that..smell?" she whispered, sniffing lightly over his shirt.

Taemin watched as Jinki and Jonghyun teased each other, ending in Jinki's victory, and Jonghyun having to do a pole dance at the party. He felt her breathing in his shirt's scent, and he realized he hadn't changed the shirt from this morning's visit. Gritting his teeth, really wishing he didn't need to do this, he made a big show of surprise.

Snapping his fingers, he smiled at her, reaching behind his back to his bag, pulling out the box.

He watched as her face visibly relaxed when she sniffed the bottle, thinking the smell was when he went to buy the bottle of Eau De Toilette. 

A huge sigh went off inside him, and he cursed him for always using so much of the ridiculous perfume.

Thank you Key hyung, for thinking of this. He stuck a tongue out at Key's smug smirk.

Syoyun scolded herself for ever doubting Taemin and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before telling him that she had to run off to do some errands.

"Or to find a dress..." she thought, walking out of the door.

Jinki laughed, acting out a stupid skit, pretending to not really care and just gave a casual wave midway his flapping of arms.

Taemin waited 20 mins, before shooting out of his chair, putting down a $60 to pay for all of the food and drinks, to the cheers of his friends. 

"Thanks guys! Catch you later!"

Jinki stopped goofing off, shaking his head. 

"That guy better be careful..." he muttered, leaning over to bite off the end of Jonghyun's biscuit that was halfway in his mouth.

"You talk about it. Texting right in front of her! Smart one..." Key rolled his eyes.

"You're quite the genius though, Key. Asking him to buy the same perfume as prevention." Wooyoung sipped his coffee nonchalantly.

"Whatever man, I really hope this guy is really special. Everyone is working for him to stay with this whatever name... Hilarious fun." Jinki commented.

"You're quite the casual one without a girl around huh, Jinki."

"Need to keep my charms, Wooyoung. I can't be putting it out all the time." 

"This one likes you for your cool attitude." he pointed at Jonghyun, who just rolled his eyes and said, "What, you have to agree, he's like infinite more times hotter when he's acting all chill and y."

"I'm pretty sure you screaming in the middle of the night, "Oh god you're so ing hot Jinki!" gave that away a little bit." Key waved his arms in the air to emphasize that Jonghyun was screaming that night. 

Jinki twirled a paper cup between his fingers, frowning a little.

"Screw you." Jonghyun hissed, amongst chuckles of those who remembered.

"No thanks, go for Jinki hyung."

A paper cup flew towards Key.