Chapter 03

My Sister and Her Best Friend
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was Friday and Samantha Youngmi  Hwang or Chanel as what everyone will call her was still listening to her team about their next project line. They been doing all their data research and marketing strategies since she got in the office that morning. It was an hour after lunch and she was listening carefully and taking down notes when her phone beep indicating an incoming message.

From: Mama
Hello dear! Just wanted to inform you that your sister will be joining us later! I am so happy! Just got to remind you about the auction though, I talked to your father and he told me you agreed. Are you sure about it? You know honey you don’t have to do it if you want. If your not comfortable I will tell your papa your not doing it ok. Message me when you finish your work. Mama miss you always!

Reading the message put a smile on her face. How can she miss her when they just saw each other just this morning, she even send her to the office earlier. She chuckled imagining her saying that in person, she must be so jumpy and giddy. She sigh remembering what she got herself into. Reminding herself to message her when she finish the meeting, she put her phone away and focus on the ongoing meeting taking her pen and making some notes. It was after an hour when she noticed the time and asked everyone to wrap up the meeting and prepare the documents by next week. She also did not forget to remind them to eat and that it was all on her since she kept them for too long. Her staff of course rejoice hearing her announcement and thanked her for the meal.

All of her staff knows how much of a good boss they have. For some even think they landed a jackpot when they started working in the company. It was never been a place for rich kids to work after they finish their study, but a place where low income earners family was a priority to be able to work on such a prestigious company. Of course there are some who are eligible to work with them but only  a selected few are to be chosen when they applied for a position. She mostly hired new graduates from different school who earn their diploma while doing part time jobs. For she believes that those people are to be rewarded for their hard work, with that their loyalty to their job is undeniable. She always treated everyone fairly and just. And never look down on their background no matter how miserable their life had been. She knows  every single one in the company and their life before up until now, well they were never a big company  to begin with only a few staff of fifty people to be exact, from their cleaners to those working with a position, she knew them well enough to consider as family. Yes they are not a big company, but they are widely known for their outstanding creation in fashion industry. Toujours Belle a brand she established after she graduate her second degree for fashion design in France is her heart and soul for so many reason. With only a couple of staff two years ago, one seamstress named Mrs. Anna Han who was a young widow with a little baby at that time that need to be fed and a newly graduate scholar named Hyomin Park who has to pay her student loan while helping her parents for their daily necessities, they started doing design after design and creating fashionable clothing at a small studio on her father’s office building before moving to a bigger one in Gangnam District. The moment she launches her first batch of clothing was remarkable, all eyes are on them with the help of her family and friends who even volunteered to model all their clothes was amazing. That started it all, the moment the fashion show was over they received too many compliments and order that so overwhelming and great. It wasn’t even expected of her too, for they knew how ridiculously it was to even went to a different career path she was once known for and to be able to pull it off despite so many people criticizing her is incredible. Despite all that her family and friends supported her 100% no doubt and they were there when she received a standing ovation from the audience. 

They started hiring people to help them, from different house wife who needed extra income to help their family to newly graduates or under graduates who was having a hard time finding a job, Toujours Belle grew to become a renowned fashion brand clothing and accessories, Just a few months ago they even launches Pas Cher, a brand of clothing with a cheaper price to accommodate those of the ordinary people because they knew they won’t be able to afford their price. It was also made  so that all the proceeds will be able to go directly to charity that help students and young mother to support their needs. It was also a brand that her beloved little sister are very fond of, not only because of its charity but because of the design of the clothing is for her liking. Shirts and jeans, Pajamas and sweatshirts all those comfy clothes she likes wearing everyday. She was even the self proclaim brand ambassador of Pas Cher that’s how she loves their clothing.

Speaking of her little sister she grab her phone and dial a familiar number before stepping inside her office.

“Hi~~”
“Hello y”
“Yah! You and your soeur always make fun of me!”
“But you really are y, and no I am not lying mama.”
“Oh well then thank you my dear. Are you done with your work? And have you eaten?”
“No and Not yet mother, I still need to sign some papers. But I am waiting for the food, we called delivery since I kept my staff in the meeting room for so long.”
“Oh what should we do to you dear! You know you should take some rest or have a break sometimes. Want me to help you?”
“Its ok mama I don’t want to bother you and besides I am just helping them for the upcoming spring collection. Hyomin will take over for the whole project since Auntie Anna is busy with little Hannah, that fur ball is quite a handful this days I think she will be a model when she grew up or a designer too that is, I am hoping for the later actually.” She smiled remembering her favorite seamstress three year old kid who she grew very fond of ever since she met her when she was still a baby. 
“Oh really that reminds me, your brother said they are finishing up the play area in your office. Everyone will be excited about it. I’m sure Hannah will have fun having playmates her age and not adults like us.”

Their office becomes that kid playground ever since, since her mother is a young widow and she cannot leave her baby alone she allowed her to bring her daughter with her. It did not bother her at all because Auntie Anna was very good at what she do and can manage her work properly. Sometimes she even bring that kid out or if there are unofficial meeting that is not important she will bring Hannah to baby sit while her mom finishes her work. Her family and her friends even visit them just to play with little Hannah. Since their company grew a little some of her staff also bring their kids once in a while in their job, so Hannah have some playmates too and she allowed it making sure that their production will not be affected by them. When her brother who just graduated as an Architect proposed on turning their extra office storage near the reception into a play house and daycare area for the kids for free she jump on the opportunity and agreed for she really wanted  to do it for so long but she can’t find a help to do it.
 
“Haha yes mama, We can’t even make her stop asking when will it be done. She is super excited. Wendy and Seulgi even bribe her with ice cream yesterday so  she can stop asking just for a few minutes. Auntie Anna is so stress with her lately because of that for she can stop asking even when she was about to sleep. I even heard her a while ago asking Irene at the reception if they told her already when the worker will be done. And then she told Irene to tell them to hurry up. I was laughing at that scene she was really serious when she said that. Oh my she is growing up fast, it felt just like yesterday when we are still teaching her how to speak. Aside from mommy and Unnie I think Hurry up and Ice cream is her most favorite words. Hahahaha! All thanks to Soeur.”
“Oh that kid! I still remember how horrified Anna’s face when she first heard that words coming from her child hahaha. I can imagine Hannah going around telling everyone to hurry and asking ice cream. Remind me to slap your sister’s for influenc

Please log in to read the full chapter