Chapter 01

My Sister and Her Best Friend
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was Friday and Stephanie Hwang or Tiffany Hwang as what she introduced herself often is heading home early, tonight is actually a night that she is dreading to come. Well yesterday her jerk of a boyfriend Nick just told her that he will bring her to a charity ball. She was shock to say no and refuses the invitation, and just before she can open he already assume that she agreed and get on the details on where when and what the ball will be. He was so into his stories about the ball when his jerk friends went by and call him for a practice match, luckily getting her out of the boring story, Oh and his the captain of the basketball team in their school.

Well Tiffany is actually the muse and the beauty of their school so no wonder she is dating the captain of the varsity team, not that she wanted too though if anything she just wanted to be just roaming the school ground and doing nothing but talking to her friends and just day dreaming of a wonderful life. But because she was voted to be the muse since she started attending her school 3 years ago, she had gain popularity within the first week of her freshman year. She is a social butterfly in a good way, but peer pressure and the consistent teasing made her say yes when their school basketball captain asked her to be his girl in front of the crowd. She regret it until now, who wouldn’t she was not planning in entertaining his approach nor giving her yes to him but the constant teasing and peer pressure get into her nerves, now that they are dating his expectation of how should she act in front of everyone is getting into her nerves. Yes she was attracted to him before who wouldn’t his handsome and well his handsome that’s it. But there is nothing more than his face, his a total jerk a big fat jerk. She can totally break up with him since they are only dating for months, technically just one month and three weeks to be exact but she can’t find a good reason to break up with him just like that, well aside for being a jerk. Imagine what will happen once that happened, she can picture herself being surrounded by false rumors, awww! the scenario is killing her head just thinking about it, not like she mind though but she can’t afford that now, especially if she wanted to retain having a peaceful school life and her record as a model student awardee that she is aiming for ever since the start of her college life.

Now she was rummaging for dresses to wear on their small walk-in closet inside of her home where she and her mom rented after moving back from California 3 years ago. Her mom is working as a manager in a small café nearby, while her father was dead, as per her mom stories when she asked about who her father was when she was a little, but other than the fire ruined all his remaining pictures after his death and the reason they moved to LA right after, she knew nothing about him. Not even his real name aside from her mom calling him Steve, it doesn’t matter anyway she was just praying that her beautiful mommy can find someone to love other than her, because well she is still young and that she deserved it anyway. She once dream of having a sister a big sister that is and it would be very cool to have one, but having a little siblings when her mom get married will not hurt either. Just by thinking about having a sister make her giddy all the time. 

After an hour or so she found a perfect dress to wear thank goodness she and her mom almost have the same size and now sharing some of the clothes together. No wonder where her love for fashion came from her mom has a very distinct taste in brand of clothes to wear. She remember growing up in LA that every time she and her mom will go shopping together they will go to a very well known store and see her try on clothes, well she won’t buy most of it, but she knows how much she wanted one instead her mommy will buy her nice clothing that is very pricey and she will see her smiling right at her. She knows that every time her mom will buy her clothes that means she work extra job aside from her regular one and for that she always give her best eyes smile. She never question her nor she ever complain, even she wanted to tell her she was ok with clothes from Target or the dollar store near by, because whenever she saw how beautiful and teary her mom smile at her when she make her try new clothes and shoes is enough answer for every question she have for her mom. Yes they were never that rich but they are not that poor either. She grew up with her mommy in a very quite neighborhood in LA, she attended a private school and have extra activities all because of her hard working mommy. It was never that easy, when they moved to LA before, her mom struggle on working, studying and her mommy duties. She will work as a server in a café in the morning then attend her school in the afternoon and will spend the night attending to her needs. There were a lot of sacrifices but her mother never give up and that she will always choose her in a heartbeat. That is why she loves her mom so much.

Her reminiscing were cut off when she heard her phone ringing she look at the time and panic for she spaced out for 30 minutes she need to hurry before her boyfriend pick her up. Getting the clothes she went to her room to get dress and pick up her phone it was her mom. She panic for she forgot to tell her she will be going out, how can she forget that, so much for promising not to keep secrets on one another and for keeping in a loop of what’s happening to her. She answer the call still wondering how to explain it to her mom.

“Hello Mommy”

“Where are you dear? I’m about to go grocery shopping tonight do you want me to get anything for you?”

“Hmmm not that I can think of mom, aside from the milk and the cereal that we run out of this morning.”

“Are you sure? I can get

Please log in to read the full chapter