Pilot Chapter

Her dimple [ft. BTS]

*Hana's note: Okay, so here's the pilot chapter! Here we go ~

---

 

photo V convo 1_zpsf6p6rj98.gif

 

I put my phone down on the desk and looked up at the projector screen, only to catch Rapmon, no, Namjoon-ssi glancing in my direction. He looked away the moment our eyes met and continued with the lecture notes smoothly as if that was what he had been doing all along. Did he notice that I was texting instead of paying attention to his lecture just now?  I gave a slight smirk as I copied down the parts that I had missed out earlier while texting.

-o-

I took my time to pack my bag since I knew there would be a lot of female students going up to him with their 'burning' questions.

"Saem, can you explain this part again?"

"Saem, why not let's go over these questions at the cafe?"

"Saem, can I have your number? I think I'll have more questions to ask later."

I rolled my eyes. Looks like it's gonna take a long while today. Maybe I should just leave first and send him a text later. I took my bag and started walking down the steps to the exit.

"Hyeri-ssi."

I paused in front of the exit and smoothen my face into a poker face to hide the satisfaction of hearing my name before turning around, "Ne."

"Can you please bring this box to my office?"

"Of course, Prof. Kim" I gave him a pleasant smile and lifted the box from his desk, aware of the glares I was receiving from the other girls. Well, it's too bad I'm the one he has appointed as his assistant. But what I was more aware of was the slight crease in his eyebrows before he turned his attention back to the female students in front of him. So he has noticed huh… I quickly walked out of the lecture theatre before giving away my glee.

I walked to his office and set the box on his office table. Just as I was about to lock the office door, my phone rang.

 

photo Copy of IMG_8668_zpsxft6bmmu.png

 

"Yoboseyo?" I answered the phone while locking the door.

"Hyeri noona!" I could hear the excitement in Jungkook's voice. "I found the ceiling light that you wanted to have for your bedroom!"

"Aigoo our Jungkookie! Jalhanda! There's really nothing you can't do eh? Everything is mission possible to you."

"Hehe.. So Erm Noona, when.. when should I go over to help you install the light?" Jungkook asked. I could already imagine his blushing face behind the phone as he asked the question.

"Hmm.. Let's see.. How about this Sunday afternoon?" I answered after flipping through my planner.

"Okay!! See you on Sunday then, Noona!"

I put down the phone and made my way to the cafe, only to receive a strong bear hug from the back.

"Hyeri ahhhhh!"

"Ah- Ya, Jung Soo-jung! I've said before not to scare me like that from the back right?" I chided, somewhat feeling annoyed but knowing she meant no harm.

"Ya! And I told you to call me Krystal right? It's K-rys-tal! I don't want anyone to know I actually have such a country bumpkin name." Krystal said with an arm slung over my shoulder.

"Soo-jung sounds fine to me though."

"No no no no! If I wanna get myself a cool boyfriend, the first step I’ve gotta do is to change my name to a cooler one. You're lucky you've got a nice name. Hyeri sounds like Hayley," Soo-jung quipped.

"Haha oh please, what kind of boyfriend would be be if he only cares about names?"

"Whatever. What we really need to talk about is THIS!"

I looked at the flyer that Soo-jung was shaking in front of my face. I took the flyer from her hand to get a better look at it. It was the promotional flyer for the dance concert that my dance club was holding in two weeks' time.

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot this was gonna be out today," I replied absent-mindedly, admiring the good work my clubmates have put into the designing of this flyer. The poster should already be up at the hall notice board then. I should go and take a look at it later...

"What you have forgotten, is to tell ME about it. ME. The cool-to-the-max Park Jimin is performing. Your oh-so-hot dance instructor, J-hope is performing. And you didn't tell ME a peep about it. I'm mad. Some friend you are." Soo-jung crossed her both arms before her chest with a sulky face.

"Yeah, I have sinned indeed. So shall I make it up to you by letting you in on a secret? But I guess you're too angry with me to wanna hear it huh..." I pretended to look away sadly. Countdown 3, 2-

"TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!" Soo-jung stopped me in my tracks excitedly. Always within 3 seconds. She absolutely could not stand a secret.

I leaned in closer to her ear and whispered, "Well, they are going to perform together in a special performance. Just the two of them." I pulled back and look at Soo-jung's shocked face in satisfaction.

"Daebak! I've got to go get the ticket-"

"I've already gotten your ticket for you." I pulled out my wallet from my bag and took out the ticket to show her. "I was going to surprise you with this when I see you. But 'Some friend I am' huh…" I started to put it back into my wallet when she grabbed my arm to stop me and spoke in a super sweet voice,

"My dear queen, it was me who have sinned. You've always been an awesome friend. Please forgive my foolishness." She ended her plea with her hands cupped under her chin, giving me the best puppy-eye look she could.

 

photo 20180218_174300_zpsjdpyddgz.png

 

I smiled. "Haha, okay you've been forgiven. Here you go."

Soo-jung looked at the ticket in her hands happily, "Thanks babe, you're the best! Will you be performing too? I'll totally get you a bouquet of flowers if you are."

I winced at her suggestion. It would probably be quite troublesome carrying all the bouquets home after the concert. "Yeah I'm performing too. And… I'll pass on the bouquet. Instead, you can treat me to supper after the concert! I bet I'll be starving afterwards." And… it will solve other problems too. Sometimes I think I'm quite the genius.

"Okay! Oh yeah, you'll probably have lots of night practices soon right? What about your part-time work at the cafe? Wouldn't your boss complain about you not being able to commit?"

I gave an inward sigh. I have not discussed with Jin oppa my shifts for the next 2 weeks yet but I could already imagine his whiny pleas in wanting me to see me more often. This was also the reason why I have been putting off the asking. His agyeos could be quite hard to resist. There’s no other choice. I must find the time later to talk to him about letting me take the time off from work for practice. "I'll figure something out."

"Oh yeah! What about Cypher's performance this Saturday night? Please don't tell me you're gonna miss it! If you're not going to be there my Mum will definitely not let me go." Krystal asked with wide eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll be there. Rehearsals on weekends won't end late," I assured Krystal. I’ve already promised Suga oppa I would be there after all.

"Great! So are where are you heading to now? Cafe?"

"Funny how you only ask me that now. Yeah, I'm meeting V there. You haven't had lunch right? Join us?"

"Okay! Oh wait-"

"What?" I stopped in my tracks and turned to face Krystal who was now biting her lip.

"I just recalled! I have something on today! Gotta go!"

"Wait whuttt-" I started to say but she was already dashing off.

"Guess I'll have to face him myself then." And with that, I continued my way to the school cafe.

 
---
 
 
Hana's note: And ta-dah! There you have it! A teaser chapter with a brief profile of the... ahem, guys that will show up in our MC's life. Let me know your thoughts and which member you're looking forward to see hehe! ^^
 
PS: My first attempt at including pics to my writing! Reminds me of my blogging days years ago..