(DY) Seatmates

Keep Smiling Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"See you later Hyung."

There was no point in lurking somewhere else so I decided to go to my classroom instead. I rarely go to school this early. But because of the loud noise I heard from Jinyoung hyung's house last night, I knew I had to tell him, even if he tells me to ignore it everytime I do.

I went inside our classroom and my usual group haven't arrived yet. This just . Oh well, it's still early, maybe I could still take a power nap. I turn on my music and rested my head on my table and began closing my eyes.

"Dude..." Jaehyun keeps nudging me. I put down my airpods. I can’t believe I didn't notice the class starting already.

"Check out the new girl." He pointed to the front and I turned my gaze to the girl who caught my friend's attention. There were introducing a new classmate this late of the school year.

"Hello everyone! It's nice to finally meet you all. I'm Kim—"

"Jisoo noona..." I murmured to myself. My seatmates didn't hear what I said.

"... Jisoo and I'm your new classmate." She ended her introductions with a half bow and then gave everyone a bright smile.

"Well now that you're finally acquainted to your classmates Jisoo-ya we need to find you a chair to sit." Our teacher pretended to look for empty chairs well in fact there was only one chair available, in front of mine.

I cleared my throat, "She can sit in front of me."

I pointed to the chair in front of me and immediately Jisoo answered another smile. She slowly walked towards my direction and stopped in front of me. "Thanks classmate."

Huh. Has she forgotten me already? How long has it been? Ten? Eleven? Even I'm not sure. Well, we were just kids before. And why is she in my classroom and not in Jinyoung hyung's? As far as I can recall they had the same age. And I called her noona all the time.

I kept silent all throughout the class period. I decided I should talk to her at lunch but she immediately walked out the door as soon as lunch break started.

Classes resumed in the afternoon. I was still determined to talk to her even before the bell rang, I couldn't stop myself for calling her out.

"Noona..."

She quickly turned to face me, hushing, "Don't call me that, or everyone else will start treating me like I'm older than them."

"Well, technically you are," I answered her casually. So she already knew who I was. Why did she ignore me earlier?

She tried to agree, "Hey Kim Doyoung. Did you miss me?"

Her question caught me off guard. Weird. "By that you mean do I miss you ordering me around and teasing me?"

She laughed. She must be a very happy-go-lucky person nowadays, "Ha! Those were the days. Jinyoung told me yesterday that you're not a good boy anymore though."

I cockily shrugged my shoulders. "I guess I don't have to pretend I'm nice to you."

I never expected to have a casual conversation with Jisoo noona at the moment. I mean, we haven't seen or talked to each other since we were little kids. The atmosphere around us right now is surprisingly comforting despite the fact that we could've acted like we were strangers because too much time has passed ever since.

I wonder if Jinyoung hyung felt the same way when he talked with Noona yesterday. Maybe he was reminded of our carefree childhood together. How different everything was from a child's perspective. Or maybe not.

"It's strange that we're on the same year level now," Jisoo noona confessed. "I remember Jinyoung and I waiting outside your classroom almost everyday just so we could go home together."

"You're making it sound as if you two were babysitting me," I tried to sound annoyed. I wasn't that young before, though they did wait by the door until my classes ended.

"How's Jinyoung by the way?" Noona suddenly asked.

"Well, you've seen him already."

"He's changed. Like a lot."

Well, he's been through a lot.

"He's been like that ever since," I didn't want to lie, but I don't have to give her any details about Hyung's life. Jinyoung hyung hates it when people talk about him.

"Maybe..." she replied, then stared at my face for a few seconds before she gave up.

"How about you Noona?" I wanted to ask her why they left ever since, and how she's been doing. No one in the neighborhood knew why they suddenly moved out.

"What about me?" Before I could continue she added, "Let's go home together. We could talk on the way."

I agreed. I didn't even notice my classmates leaving. We took our things and started walking. As we walked down the hallway, she and I talked about her life abroad. It seems like they moved to the Philippines and they stayed there for more than ten year

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter