To be honest, I now that to me you’re someone who I just can’t forget.

After You left
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: This part is written from Daniel's perspective. 

 

사실은 네가 나에게 있어 잊혀지지 않을 사람이란 걸 말야

To be honest, I now that to me you’re someone who I just can’t forget.

//I Loved You - Day6//

 

I missed her. I missed the little things, all those moments I took for granted when we were together. Her voice when she was sleepy, her amazing food, her encouraging words whenever I felt down, her random phone calls just to remind me I needed to eat and brush my teeth after eating a ton of jelly, her presence. I was living the dream -debuting-, but she was no longer in my life. 
I didn’t want to leave her; but sometimes, there is no choice. I loved her, she was everything I could ever ask for. Heck, I was lucky to have Lee Hyejung, lucky I got to call her mine. 
After I got the confirmation that I was in Produce 101 Season 2, we began to see each other less. We started to struggle to find time for each other, and the minutes we talked on the phone became painful. I needed to practice, she needed to study. Our dreams were different. 
We broke up eventually and our lives parted ways. I did my best at Produce 101 and she stayed in College.

“Things aren’t always easy, you see” she used to tell me. “Not even if you love them. But that only means you need to work harder.”
“But sometimes you get tired.”
“Everyone does. But don’t decide you want to quit just because you feel tired or stressed, that’s the pressure trying to ruin your dreams.”

I debuted with Wanna One. I got to stand on a stage, dancing, and rapping. My dream was now my reality.

“I promise you, Danik-oppa. The world’s missing out your talent… I pity them.”
“What about my charming personality?” 
“Ehh… I don’t know about that.”

I smiled, as I thought about my beautiful Jung-ie. It hurt, but I had so many beautiful memories of her.

“I’ve always known. You were meant to leave me.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“You have dreams that drive to places I can’t go to.”
“That’s…” 
“It’s fine, Daniel. Go. ”

I should’ve held her close and kissed her. I should’ve tried harder. 
In the end, I gave up one of my dreams, even though I promised to never give up if things were hard. I couldn’t believe I let her go. Now she was smiling charmingly at those boys in that Instagram picture. I couldn’t believe I let someone else have a chance with the girl I love.
“You’re an idiot, Daniel.” 
“That is true” Seongwoo agreed, suddenly appearing at our shared room’s door. “But why are you pointing that out now?”
“When are we leaving to Singapore, Hyung?”
“7.30a.m.”
“OH MY GOD”
“Are you becoming Muel-ah?” he asked, amused by my sudden outburst. 
“I need to go out.”
There was no time. 
“You can’t, we have to-”
“I don’t care, Seongwoo. I have to find someone before we have to go.”
However, even though I escaped my responsibilities, and also missed my chance to get some e

Please log in to read the full chapter